In life, you just have to accept the fact
人这一生中 你要接受不是每件事都
that not everything is gonna go your way.
顺你心意这个事实
Thank you so much for coming in, Ms. Piper.
感谢你能赶来 派珀小姐
First of all, let me say that I am so sorry for your loss.
首先 对你男友的去世我深感惋惜
Yeah. Don't be.
别 还是算了
Uh, how long had the two of you been seeing each other?
你们两个约会多长时间了
I don't know. Two months? Does it really matter?
不记得了 两个月? 这很重要吗
Apparently not.
显然不重要
If you ask me, he got exactly what he deserved.
要我说 他死有应得
Really?
是吗
Yeah. Really.
是啊
Bullet in the chest.
胸部中枪
Don't forget about the bludgeoning part.
别忘了他还被重击的那部分
Oh, how could I? Right upside his little head.
怎么会忘呢 就在他那小脑瓜上
So why did you do it?
你为什么这么做
You seriously think I did this?
你真的认为是我♥干♥的吗
I read about it in the paper, but he did have it coming.
我在报纸上读到的 但是他那是自找的
Can you believe that that little toad
你能相信那个臭小子
was cheating on me? Me?
竟然对我不忠吗 对我?
Okay, so why don't we just start from the beginning?
好吧 让我们从头开始说起
Where were you the night that he was killed?
他被害的那天晚上你在哪
On Sunday, I was in the Hamptons.
周日我在汉普顿
I took the jitney out in the morning
早上坐随停巴士去的
and sat next to Perez Hilton of all people.
偏偏又和佩里斯·希尔顿[八卦博客写手]坐在一起
He blogged all about it.
他都写到博客里了
You can check yourself.
你可以自己看看去
Well, we have a witness
有位证人说
who says that Mr. Wilder argued with a woman
周四那天在怀尔德先生的公♥寓♥ 有个女人
in his apartment on Thursday. Was that you?
和他发生了争吵 那人是你吗
No, that wasn't me.
不 不是我
So it probably means that he was with her.
很可能是他和"她"在一起
The bitch that he was two-timing me with,
那个和他偷♥情♥的贱♥人♥
the one from the motel.
汽车旅馆那个
What motel? Ah, he did blog about it.
哪个汽车旅馆 他的确写到博客了
You two ate at the Southampton Grill?
你们在南汉普顿烧烤店吃饭了
I love that place. Castle.
我喜欢那个地方 卡塞尔
What motel?
哪个汽车旅馆
The one in Jersey that I followed him to Thursday morning.
新泽西的一家 我周四早上跟踪到的
I was right. He was cheating on me.
我是对的 他的确出轨了
With who? I don't know.
和谁 我不知道
He went up to the corner room on the second floor.
他去了二楼角落的那个房♥间
I didn't stick around to watch.
我可没待在那看戏
So you can't be sure
这么说你不确定
that it was a woman that he was meeting with.
和他见面的人是个女人
No, but why else would he be there?
是的 但是他去那还能干什么
And just for the record, she's gotta be
我还要说 她肯定
some kind of dirty skank, 'cause that place was a dump.
是个不入流的货色 因为那地方糟透了
A cheap skank... at a rundown motel
不入流的货色 在一家破烂的旅馆
is actually a better lead than an angry ex-girlfriend.
这个线索比生气的前女友要好很多
And a much better lead than stolen books.
比失窃的书好更多
What was that?
说什么呢
I said... my, don't you gentlemen
我说...天啊 小伙子们
look cleanshaven today? Yeah, sweet stuff, bro.
胡子刮得很干净啊 是啊 东西不错
Yeah, Jenny said my face never felt so smooth.
珍妮说我的脸从没这么光滑
Barber in a can.
罐装理发师
Okay, guys. Got it.
好了 伙计们 了解了
Comes out hot. Case?
挤出来是热的 办案呢
Oh, yeah, uh, nothing unusual in Wilder's financials.
好的 怀尔德的财产情况没有异常
His call records were clean, too.
通话记录也很正常
No calls except to places you would expect.
没有意料之外的通话
Ballistics report came back negative.
弹道检验没有查出什么
No unusual fibers or fingerprints
公♥寓♥和后院都没有
in the apartment or backyard either.
异常的纤维和指纹
All right, talk to the neighbors again.
好吧 再去询问一遍邻居
Find out if any of them remember seeing him
找找有没有人周四晚上看到他和
with a woman thursday night.
一个女人在一起
I'm wondering why a man as wealthy as Wilder
我在想一个像怀尔德这样的有钱人 为什么
would choose a cheap motel in Jersey to have a tryst.
会选择新泽西的便宜旅馆和人幽会
Maybe there's more going on than just a tryst.
也许不单单是幽会
His name is Damian Wilder.
他的名字叫做戴米恩·怀尔德
Never seen him before. But I wasn't on duty.
从未见过他 不过那天不是我当班
Benny was.
是本尼当班
Well, I'd like to talk with Benny.
我想和本尼谈谈
So would I. He didn't show up for work today,
我也想 他今天没来上班
Which is why I'm here covering on my day off.
所以我才在休息日来上班
Do you have contact info for him?
你有他的联♥系♥方式吗
The corner room, second floor,
二楼那个角落的房♥间
who stayed in there last Thursday?
上周四谁住在那
Oh, let's see. Paid cash up front, four nights.
我看看 提前支付的现金 租了四天
Name was... Scarlett O'Hara.
名字是 斯嘉丽·奥哈拉[《乱世佳人》女主角]
Scarlett O'Hara?
斯嘉丽·奥哈拉
She's... a fictional character.
她是小说里的人物
It's that kind of place.
这地方没人留真名
Okay. Thanks.
好的 谢谢
Benny's roommate said that he came home from his shift,
本尼的室友说他下班回来 装个一个包
packed a bag and left in a hurry.
匆忙离开了
Is it just me, or is the timing a little suspicious?
时机看起来是不是有点可疑呢
I'm gonna put a want out for him in the system.
我在系统里发一份他的通缉令
He's gotta be out there somewhere.
他肯定在什么地方
You know, the clerk said
那位员工说
our mystery woman rented the room for four nights.
那房♥间 神秘女子租了四天
Wilder's calendar was pretty packed the whole time.
怀尔德的日程排的相当满
It's hard to figure him getting back out there to see her.
很难想象他有时间去见她
So why did she rent it for that long?
那她为什么租那么长时间
What was going on out there?
那到底是什么状况
Breaking news.
重大新闻
Guess what just turned up for sale online?
猜猜什么东西刚刚在网上拍卖♥♥了
A first edition "Catcher In The Rye"
《麦田守望者》的第一版
and a signed "For Whom The Bell Tolls."
和《战地钟声》的签名版
I take it those are both items in Wilder's collection.
我想这两本都是怀尔德的收藏
Bingo. The site belonged to a rare book dealer.
正确 网站属于一位珍藏本经营商
Goes by the name of Lukas Canby. He's got a jacket
名字叫卢卡斯·坎比 他有贩卖♥♥偷窃
for dealing in stolen property and last month,
物品的案底 上个月在拍卖♥♥会上
he was arrested for assaulting another book dealer
他因暴♥力♥伤害另一位书商而被捕
at an auction that didn't go his way.
起因是人家管了他的闲事
So he's got a history of violence
这么说他有暴♥力♥前科
and possession of our vic's property.
手里有死者的财产
You care to sit in while I get him to confess
你想观摩 我让他就怀尔德谋杀一案
to Wilder's murder?
招供的过程吗
Don't mind if I do.
我很乐意
You care to sit in
你想观摩
while I get him to confess to Wilder's murder?
我让他就怀尔德谋杀一案招供的过程吗
$50,000 worth of books
价值五万美元的书
goes missing from a dead man's apartment,
是在一个死人家里丢失的
turns up in your possession.
书跑到了你的手里
You can see how that's a problem, can't you, Lukas?
你能看出问题所在吧 卢卡斯
You want to explain what happened? Sure.
你想解释一下吗 当然
But you'll never believe me.
不过你们不会相信我的
Try us.
你试试
I bought 'em from some guy in the park.
我从公园一个家伙手里买♥♥的
In the park?
公园里?
Near the 76th street entrance.
靠近七十六街的入园口
This homeless looking guy had 'em laid out on a blanket.
一个流浪汉摆在毯子上卖♥♥
Didn't have a clue what they were worth.
他根本不知道值多少钱
Gave him 100 bucks for the whole lot.
我用一百元就买♥♥下了所有书
Man, was I feeling lucky that day.
那天我真是感觉很幸运
Yeah, that's how I felt when I followed that leprechaun
跟着小妖精找到黄金的时候
to his pot of gold.
我也是这么感觉的
I didn't steal those books,
我没有偷那些书
and I most certainly didn't kill anybody.
我也绝对没有杀人
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表