Last thursday, you were on duty
上周四 你当班的那天
when a Scarlett O'Hhara checked in.
有一位叫斯嘉丽·奥哈拉的女子入住了
Yeah. Yeah, I think I remember.
是的 没错 我记得
What did she look like? I woulda done her.
她长什么样 让我想上她那种
Anything else?
除此以外呢
Um... she was small for her size.
她身形比较娇小
Do you recognize this man?
你认得这个男人吗
Yeah. That guy's a total nut bar.
认得 这男的简直就是神经病
Last week--think it was Thursday, matter of fact--
上周 应该是上周四吧
He pulls into the motel in a fancy foreign job.
他开着一辆漂亮的外国货来的
He goes straight up to the corner room on the second floor.
然后直接走进了二楼的拐角客房♥
Couple minutes later, he charges down,
几分钟之后 他冲下来
starts asking me all the same questions
开始问我和你们问的
you were asking me.
同样的问题
Who rented the room, what did she look like?
谁租的房♥间 她长什么样子
He didn't know?
他竟然不知道
That's what I said.
我也是这么说得
I told him, if he had to ask me whose room it was,
我对他说 如果他不知道房♥间是谁租的
he shouldn't be going in there in the first place.
他就不该二话不说径直进去
He stomped off, got in his car. He left. Boom!
他气冲冲的走了 上了车 扬长而去
Never saw him again.
再没有见过他
And you won't either. He was murdered sunday night.
将来也不会 他周日晚上被杀了
With that kinda attitude, this is not surprising.
他的态度有问题 被杀了也不奇怪
Well, if I've answered all your queries to your satisfaction,
如果我的答案让你满意的话
am I free to go?
我可以走了吗
Just one more query if you don't mind.
我想再多问一个问题
According to the atlantic city police, you were arrested
据大西洋城的警♥察♥说 你因试图
in the diamond lounge of a strip club
在脱衣舞夜♥总♥会♥的钻石休闲室
for trying to set a rodeo clown on fire.
烧死一位牛仔小丑而被捕
That was a misunderstanding and--
那是一场误会
My question is, how does a $9-an-hour hotel clerk
我想问的是 时薪九美元的的店员
pay for a $500-an-hour VIP lounge?
怎么付得起五百元一小时的贵宾室
I won at craps.
我赌骰子赢了
Like I said, I was feeling lucky.
我说过了 我的运气不错
That's a Damian Wilder bag.
那可是戴米恩·怀尔德的包
Who? That's the guy who was killed.
谁 本案受害者
Where'd you get that?
你从哪得来的
Where'd you get it, Benny?
本尼 从哪得来的
Um, please, just not so loud. Where did you get it
拜托小声点 从哪得来的
I found it in the room.
我在房♥间里找到的
Scarlett O'Hara's room?
斯嘉丽·奥哈拉的房♥间
After checkout on the fourth day,
第四天退房♥之后
I went up there on account of, she never returned the key.
我上去盘点 她没有退钥匙
The room was like nobody'd even been there.
房♥间就像没人住过
The bed was made, towels were on the rack.
床铺整洁 浴巾还在架子上
I gave it a quick once-over,
我♥草♥草地巡视了一遍
figured I'd tell housekeeping not to bother going in.
打算告诉清洁工不用收拾房♥间了
I found the bag under the bed.
结果在床底找到这个包
And what was in it?
里面有什么
What was in it?
有什么
There was money... lots of it.
里面有钱 很多钱
How much?
有多少
75 grand. There.
里面有七万五千美金
Did you blow it all, Benny?
本尼 钱都花光了吗
It was the best three days of my life.
这三天是我人生中最快活的日子
A duffel bag full of cash,
一个装满现金的行李包
an anonymous hotel room and an angry Wilder--
一间匿名租下的客房♥ 和愤怒的怀尔德
All of that adds up to only one thing. Blackmail.
综上所述 只有一个结论 勒索
It's the only scenario that makes sense.
只有这个比较靠谱
So the blackmailer contacts Wilder with instructions
勒索者联♥系♥并指示怀尔德
to meet at the motel at a certain time.
于指定时间在旅店碰头
Probably to show him proof of
可能是要给他看看
whatever it is she has against him.
她掌握的把柄
But she doesn't want him to know who she is
但她不想身份被识穿
or that she works at his company.
或者她是怀尔德公♥司♥里的职员
So she calls in to the room, makes her demands by phone.
于是她打电♥话♥到房♥间 提出要求
He confronts the clerk, trying to figure out who it
他质问店员 想查出敲诈他的
is that's extorting him.
幕后黑手
At some point in time,
之后某一时段
Wilder returns to the room with the duffel bag full of cash,
怀尔德提着装满现金的行李包返回房♥间
puts it under the bed as instructed.
按照指示把包放在床底
Only Benny makes off with the money
只是本尼抢在勒索者之前
before the blackmailer's had a chance to pick it up.
把钱拿走 匆匆离开了
Making for one angry blackmailer.
这让勒索者很生气
Angry enough to kill.
生气到要杀人
No, not her either. Man, this dead guy had
不 不是她 兄弟 这位死人先生
a lot of good-looking babes working for him.
有一大票美女员工啊
Any of them our Scarlett O'Hara?
没有一个是斯嘉丽·奥哈拉
Uh, not her... Or her, but I'd do her.
不是她 也不是她 但我想上她
Not her, who I would not do.
不是她 这个我可不想上
Not her. I would maybe do her.
不是她 我可能会上她
Hey, look. It's her.
找到了 是她
You're sure this is the woman who rented the room?
你确定是这女人来租♥房♥♥的
Yes.
没错
Rebecca Strong. She's a lab tech at the company.
瑞贝卡·斯特朗 她是公♥司♥的实验室研究员
Oh, she's got cruel eyes.
好一双残酷的眼睛
I'll bet she enjoyed watching Wilder suffer.
我想她一定很享受看着怀尔德痛苦死去
What did she say?
她在说什么
"What was I thinking? I should've stayed out of it."
"我到底在想什么 我不该插手的"
It's cry talk. There's not a girl alive who hasn't heard it
她在哭诉 女生们都从
from a sobbing, heartbroken girlfriend.
伤心欲绝的女性朋友那听过
What should you have stayed out of, Rebecca,
瑞贝卡 你不该插手什么事
the blackmail?
勒索吗
You tried to do the right thing?
你本想做正确的事
Well, who wouldn't listen? Did you have an accomplice?
那是怎么回事 你有帮凶吗
Was just me. Well, then what is this all about?
就我一个 那到底发生了什么
Benzophyosopheme.
苯并化合物
I'm sorry. I didn't get that one.
抱歉 我没听懂
Benzophyosopheme.
苯并化合物
That's not cry talk. It sounds like a chemical compound.
那不是哭诉 听起来像是某种化合物
You work in product testing, right?
你负责产品测试 对吗
Were they using benzophyosopheme
他们在公♥司♥的一种产品里
in a company product?
使用了苯并化合物吗
Is there some kind of problem with it?
这样做会有什么问题吗
Is that what the blackmail was about?
和这个勒索有关吗
So then when you said
你说过
that you were trying to do the right thing,
你打算做正确的事
Did you approach your superiors about the problem? Yes.
你向你的上级报告了吗 有过
And did Wilder do anything about it? No.
怀尔德采取行动了吗 没有
He came out with a product
他生产了一种成品
that has benzophyosopheme in it anyway. Exactly.
里面有苯并化合物 是的
Well, how bad is this stuff?
有什么严重副作用吗
It can cause capillary damage if you use it long enough.
长时间使用 会损伤毛细血管
So then you figured, if they weren't gonna listen to you,
你想到 既然他们不听你的
why not cash in on it?
干嘛不借此获利
And then you threatened to make it public
所以威胁道 你将公布于众
If Wilder didn't give you $75,000.
除非怀尔德给你七万五千美元
Yes. Well, you were in over your head, Rebecca.
是的 你真是胆大妄为 瑞贝卡
I know, and I want to make things right if I can.
我明白 我只想一切回到正轨
It's too late for that now.
为时已晚
I--what if I gave it back?
如果我把钱还回来
You killed a man. I still have the money.
你杀了人了 钱原封未动
You still have the money? I killed a man?
钱原封未动 我杀人了
Damian Wilder. I didn't kill Mr. Wilder.
戴米恩·怀尔德 怀尔德先生不是我杀的
You have the money? It's still
钱在你手上 还在我从
in the duffel bag that I got from under the bed.
床底下拿出的那个行李包里面
Wait. The money from the motel room?
等等 是放在汽车旅馆里的钱
$75,000.
七万五千美元
Well, then the money that Benny found...
那本尼找到的钱
Where did it come from?
来自哪里
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表