He must have been who Sam was reporting to.
他肯定就是萨姆的报告对象
They exchanged a bunch of e-mails a couple months ago,
几个月前他们互通了很多电邮
Then nothing till the night Sam was killed.
然后到萨姆被杀前都没有联♥系♥
And what'd that one say?
最后一封说什么
"Call me. We need to talk."
"给我打电♥话♥ 我们需要谈谈"
Okay, yes, it's true.
是的 这是事实
Sam emailed me the other night,
那个晚上萨姆发邮件给我
And I called him. From a pay phone?
我打电♥话♥给他 用公用电♥话♥
At a gas station near my house.
在我家附近的加油站
Very cloak and dagger of you.
很像秘密间谍啊
He said he needed to meet me in the city.
他说要在市里见我
He said he finally figured out
他说终于查到
How New York Recycle was pulling it off.
纽约回收是如何成功的
So you admit that you planted him there
那么你承认派他去卧底
To steal their battery technology?
偷取他们的电池回收技术
They've been underbidding us left and right,
他们出价总比我们低
Stealing our business.
抢走了我们的生意
Getting our hands on their recycling method
分享他们的回收技术
Was a way to level the playing field.
能让我们公♥司♥分到客观的利润
They weren't gonna share it, so I offered Sam
但他们不愿分享 所以我就给萨姆
A $1-million payday if he could get a hold of it.
一百万 只要他能掌握核心技术
And when he called and said he completed his mission,
等他在电♥话♥里说任务完成了
You rushed right over.
你马上赶过去
The thing about Sam is, he and I had been down this road before.
我和萨姆 早就算完成了
What do you mean? He--he'd told you he'd found it before?
什么意思 他之前就告诉你得手了
I wasted hundreds of thousands on research and development
根据他给的资料
With the stuff he brought me.
我在研究和开♥发♥花了无数的金钱
The chemical formulas were never complete.
这个化学分子式根本就不完整
So when my engineers tried to fill in the blanks
所以当工程师试图完善它
And test them, we failed every time.
测试它时 我们总是失败
Finally, we ran out of money,
最终 我们耗尽资金
So a couple of months ago,
所以几个月前
I had to cut Sam loose.
我不得不和萨姆切断联♥系♥
If Sam wasn't working for you,
既然萨姆不再为你工作
What was he calling about?
他在电♥话♥里说了什么
He said he needed to show me something.
他说要给我看点东西
What? I don't know.
是什么 我不知道
I drove into the city to meet him at his apartment,
我驾车到市区他的公♥寓♥见面
But as I pulled up,
但我停车之后
There were cops all over the entrance.
就看到门口有许多警♥察♥
I got a bad feeling about it,
我感觉不妙
So I turned around and I drove home.
所以我转身离开 驱车回家
That's very interesting story, Mr. Berman.
非常有趣的故事 伯曼先生
But I have a different ending--
但我有个不同的结尾
One where you went upstairs to Sam's apartment
你上楼走到萨姆的公♥寓♥
And he told you that he finally found the real thing.
他告诉你终于找到了正确的分子式
You said so yourself.
于是你对自己说
Your company didn't have the $1 million to pay him.
你的公♥司♥已经无力支付他一百万美元
So you did the one thing that you could.
那么你能做的事只有一件
You killed him and you stole it
杀了他再偷走分子式
In a desperate attempt to save your sinking company.
只有孤注一掷才能拯救衰败的公♥司♥
I would like to call my lawyer now, please.
我要求打电♥话♥给我的律师
That was pretty cool, the way you filled in the story there.
你编故事的方式 相当漂亮
I think I must be rather off on you.
我可能还比不上你
That sounded dirtier than I meant it.
比我想的还要黑暗
Hey Beckett.
贝克特
Dispatch just got a call out of Connecticut.
接警说康涅狄格那边有情况
New Haven P.D. have two women involved in an altercation.
纽黑文警局 两位女士发生口角
Speaking of dirty...
说到黑暗
And the ladies in question are asking for you
接受询问的女士们要求
Before they're taken in for booking.
在做笔录前 要见你一面
For me, why?
找我 为什么
Oh, no.
不是吧
Oh, yes.
就是
They're holding Helen Parker for assault
莎拉·里德和海伦·帕克分别被控
And Sarah Reed for trespassing.
袭击他人和非法闯入私人领域
A wife and fiancee catch fight.
妻子和未婚妻的战争
Please tell me we can stop for popcorn on the way.
允许我们在路上买♥♥点爆米花
Castle.
卡塞尔
That's it, the detached office,
就是这里 独♥立♥书房♥
When Mrs. Parker confronted her,
当帕克太太遇到她时
An altercation ensued.
就吵起来了
She tried to rip my purse off my arm.
她想抢我的包
Almost dislocated my shoulder.
几乎让我肩膀脱臼了
Ms. Reed
里德小姐
What were you doing in the parkers' office?
你在帕克的办公室干嘛
She wouldn't give me back my pen.
她不把钢笔还我
Your pen? My grandfather's fountain pen.
你的钢笔 我的祖父留下的
I gave it to Jake wh--
我把它给了杰克
Sam! His name was Sam!
萨姆 他的名字叫萨姆
I gave it to him before I knew he was a lying sack.
给他的时候 不知道他是个骗子
And she wouldn't give it back to me.
然后她就不还我了
I looked for it in the office. There was nothing there.
我就在办公室里找 那什么也没有
I have no idea what she's talking about.
我根本不知道她在说什么
Oh, really? Huh. Well, then what do you call this?
是吗 那这是什么
That was in the office?
那在办公室吗
Yes. It was right there in the drawer.
是的 就在抽屉里
How she could've missed it, I don't know.
我不知道她怎么会忘记
Unless, of course, she was lying and never bothered to look.
除非她在撒谎 而且从来没找过
Ms. Reed, I understand how you're feeling,
里德小姐 我理解你的感受
But breaking into someone's home
但闯入别人的家里
No, this is my grandfather's pen.
这是我祖父的钢笔
I never would've given it to Jake if I had known.
早知如此我绝不会送给杰克
Ladies, I'm wondering If maybe we can put
女士们 我们能否先将
This whole nasty episode behind us.
这惹人厌的插曲放在一旁
She broke into my house. God knows what else she stole.
她闯入我家 谁知道她还偷了什么
Do you mind if I take a look at the purse?
介意看下你的包吗
Not at all.
没问题
Happy now?
高兴了
Is everyone okay? Can we all just walk away?
可以了吗 这事就算过去了
If I ever catch your face around here
如果再让我看到你
For crying out loud, give it a rest!
得了吧 你就大声喊出来
No wonder the guy had an ulcer.
怪不得他会得溃疡
I would, too, if I was married to you.
如果是我和你结婚 我也会
An ulcer?
溃疡
What are you talking about, you crazy lunatic?!
你说什么 你这个疯子
Look! Look! Hello. Ladies, look!
听着 听着 女士们
I understand that you're both angry
我知道你们都很生气
And feeling betrayed,
而且感觉被背叛
But taking it out on each other. Isn't going to help.
但互相责骂对方 有用吗
So you can both press charges
你们可以起诉对方
And make a bad thing worse
让情况更糟糕
Or you can calm down and walk away.
或者冷静地离开
Option number two is a limited-time offer.
选择二是有时间限制的
Love you. See ya.
爱你 回头见
Please tell me you did not sleep in the break room again.
别说你又在休息室里睡了一晚
I went home.
我回家了
Just can't stop thinking about that fight last night
只是忍♥不住去想昨晚那事
Ooh, would you think less of me if I said, me, too?
要是说我也是 会不那么想念我吗
I kept thinking that that was a long way for Sarah to go
我一直在想 莎拉离那很远
Just to pick up that pen.
只是为了拿钢笔
And that whole thing with the ulcers was
还有溃疡什么的
Oh, I know. That was a great "Desperate Housewives" moment,
我知道了 上演《绝望主妇》
The way Sarah just rubbed Helen's face in it.
莎拉可是刺♥激♥了海伦一通
The thing is, There's nothing about an ulcer.
问题是 哪有什么溃疡
In Lanie's autopsy report.
在蕾妮尸检报告中
Sam had a clean bill of health.
萨姆十分健康
Then what was Sarah talking about?
那莎拉说的又是什么
The boys are looking into it right now.
他们正在调查
But according to Sam's date book
但是据萨姆的日程安排来看
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表