We weren't about to just let him wander around.
我们可不想让他四处闲逛
So you would know better than anyone else
你比任何人都清楚
What Vega did on his trip? That's my job.
维加旅行时做过什么 那是我的工作
Everyone we've spoke to about Vega
我们问过的每个人都说
Says he came back from Cuba a different man.
维加从古巴回来性情大变
What happened to him down there?
他在那里到底出了什么事
he was very emotional
他很激动
The whole time he was there--
他在那里的所有时间
Uh, talking to the locals, feeling sorry for them
都在跟当地人交谈 对他们感到抱歉
Because they were poor and he was rich.
为他们的穷困和自己的富有
Truth is, he felt guilty.
事实是 他有负罪感
When returned, he borrowed $200,000 in cash.
当维加回来后 借了二十万现金
Is it possible
有可能
that he was trying to funnel money to the island,
他想给这个岛集资
Help some of the locals out, maybe? Not on my watch.
帮助一些当地人吗 我不知道
Yeah, you can't have that.
是啊 你无法掌控
Rich people sharing their wealth? That's like socialism.
有钱人分享他们的财富 很像社♥会♥主♥义♥
Please.
得了吧
The truth is that Cano Vega, like all Americans, was spoiled.
事实是正像美国人 卡尼奥·维加被惯坏了
When the poverty was before his eyes--
当他眼前出现贫瘠时
It's an unspeakable tragedy.
是无法形容的悲惨
And then, out of sight, out of mind.
然而 眼不见心不烦
He didn't know that I was aware,
他不知道我有所觉察
But do you want to know
你们想知道
the thing that interested Vega most about Cuba?
维加最关心古巴的什么事情吗
A girl.
一个姑娘
What girl?
什么姑娘
He met a lot of locals, kissed a lot of babies.
他见过很多当地人 吻过很多孩子
I can only assume it was a pretty young thing
我只能假设他在岛内旅游时
He met while he was touring the island.
遇到一个漂亮的姑娘
Do you know her name?
知道她的名字吗
Lara.
莱拉
Her name was Lara.
她名叫莱拉
So Vega fell in love with a girl in Cuba.
维加在古巴爱上了一个姑娘
If you take Sanchez's word.
如果你相信桑切兹说的话
Well, he couldn't have just pulled the name Lara out of thin air.
他不可能凭空说出莱拉这名字
According to the note that the wife found,
根据他妻子找到的字条
Vega and Lara were supposed to meet the night before he was murdered.
维加在遇害前一晚和莱拉应该见过面
Now how are they supposed to do that
如果她在古巴
if she's stuck in Cuba? If she's stuck on the island,
他们怎么见面 如果她在岛上
How did she end up in that photo with Vega at his club?
怎么会跟维加在俱乐部照相
There has to be an explanation that makes this all make sense.
肯定有个理由能解释一切
There is. The woman standing next to Vega in the picture is not Lara.
有 照片里站在维加旁的不是莱拉
A resident near the ballpark where Vega was killed I.D.'ed her.
维加被杀的棒球场附近 有居民认出了她
Her names Ana, Ana Rivera.
她叫阿娜 阿娜·蕾维拉
She's a waitress in the neighborhood.
她是社区俱乐部的服务生
Uniforms are bringing her in now.
同事正把她带过来
What's her connection to Vega?
她和维加有什么关系
Cuba. She escaped six months ago.
古巴 半年前她从古巴逃来纽约
We met at a bar where I work,
我工作的酒吧和他的球场很近
near his field.
我们就在那里认识的
He heard I'd just come over from Cuba last year,
他听说我去年才从古巴过来
and he invited me out for drinks.
就请我出去喝几杯
Did you know he was married?
你知道他已婚吗
It wasn'like that.
我们不是那种关系
He just wanted to talk... about home.
他只想聊天 聊家乡
He missed it. I think that's why he wanted to go.
他想家 我觉得因此他才回了古巴
You were photographed with him after the trip.
他从古巴回来后与你合影
Did he still want to... just talk?
那时他也仅仅只想聊天吗
Yes. He wanted to talk about
是的 他想知道我是怎么
my trip here from Cuba.
从古巴来到这里的
It was like he was obsessed. He wanted to know how I got out.
不是爱上我 只为知道我是怎么出境的
And what did you tell him?
你对他怎么说的
Ana, what did you tell Mr. Vega?
阿娜 你对维加先生怎么说的
I said my family knew a man.
我说我家人认识一个熟人
If--if you pay him lots of money,
只要你给得起钱
Mi Carinio comes and takes you to America.
米·卡利妮奥就能带你去美国
Mi Carinio?
米·卡利妮奥是什么
His boat.
他的船
It takes you to Jamaica,
人先坐船到牙买♥♥加
and then you fly to America.
然后再坐飞机到美国
It's important that you fly, because if you come by boat,
入境一定要乘飞机 因为如果乘船
then they can send you back.
他们就会把你遣送回国
That's the wet-foot, dry-foot policy.
这是海路陆路入境政策
Vega was looking for a way to get his new girlfriend out of Cuba.
维加在想办法让新女友离开古巴
"Mi Carinio ," 2/16, 8:30 p.m.
米·卡利妮奥 2月16日 下午八点半
It looks like he succeeded.
他似乎成功了
"Mi Carinio" to Jamaica 2/16,
米·卡利妮奥 2月16日到达牙买♥♥加
which means she arrived on the 17th.
这意味着她17日到达
That's the same day Vega died. That can't be a coincidence.
恰好是维加遇害当天 这不是巧合
Ana, you told Mr. Vega how to get in touch
阿娜 你告诉了维加先生如何联♥系♥
with the man who got you out of Cuba.
帮你离开古巴的人吗
Yes. He runs a newspaper.
是的 他主编一份报纸
"Una nueva esperanza," on East 98th.
《新希望》报纸 在98街东段
Alfredo Quintana, the editor?
主编是阿尔弗雷多·金塔纳吗
He lied to us.
他对我们撒谎了
All right, first you accuse me of killing Vega.
一开始你们指控我谋杀维加
Then you're saying that I'm helping him.
后来你们又说我在帮他
So maybe you guys should make up your mind.
也许你们先该想到清楚明白
Well, actually, we made up our minds
事实上 我们一看到你账户上
once we saw the $200,000 in your bank account.
那二十万就清楚明白了
That's the exact amount Cano Vega borrowed from a loan shark.
卡尼奥·维加向高♥利♥贷♥借就是这个数目
Since what you were doing was illegal,
因为你们在做违法勾当
he didn't want there to be any record of it.
所以他不想留下证据
You know, I don't know what you're talking about.
我不明白你在说什么
These aren't my accounts.
这些不是我的账户
This is the foundation's account.
这是基金会的账户
My name isn't even on them.
上面甚至没有我的名字
Which is why you hid the money there,
这就是你把赃款藏于其中的原因
to make it harder for us to find.
让我们更难找到
These were charitable contributions.
这些是慈善捐款
Where's the girl?
那个女孩在哪里
What girl?
什么女孩
Mr. Quintana, you and your foundation
金塔纳先生 你和你的基金会
are facing human smuggling charges.
将面临偷运人口的指控
Do you really want me to add obstruction of justice
你希望再加上妨碍司法公正
and aiding and abetting a murderer to that?
援助和教唆谋杀罪吗
You like the press, don't you?
你喜欢出版事业 对吧
How are you gonna like being linked to Cano Vega's murder?
那喜欢涉嫌谋杀卡尼奥·维加吗
You know what they'll see?
你知道他们会怎么想吗
That I saved a girl from under Castro's regime.
我从卡斯特罗的独♥裁♥下拯救了一个女孩
For a price.
收费的
Yeah, I would've done it for free.
我本打算免费的
Yeah, but you didn't.
但你没有
Are you really ready to stake your entire future
你真的准备把下半生赌在
on some girl you don't even know?
某个你陌生女孩身上吗
Vega had an apartment for her.
维加给她买♥♥了一套公♥寓♥
I took her there when I got her to the mainland.
她一到美国我就把她带到了那里
Where? Union City, Summit Avenue.
在哪里 尤尼恩市萨米特大道
Nypd! Nypd! Nypd! Police! Police! Police! Police! Nypd! Nypd!
纽约警♥察♥ 纽约警♥察♥
Clear. Clear.
没人 没人
Looks like nobody's home.
屋里似乎没人
This girl's in dire need of a trip to Ikea.
可怜的女孩需要去宜家买♥♥点东西
This bed hasn't even been made.
这张床从未铺过
I don't think she was sleeping here.
我觉得她不住这里
Beckett.
贝克特
Looks like dirt.
像是泥
Get C.S.U. down here.
让鉴证组过来
You guys.
大家看
There's blood.
这有血迹
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表