Thanks.
谢谢
For what?
为什么
For not saying I told you so.
因为你没说 我说过了
Oh, that starts tomorrow.
明天才开始说
Oh! What was that for?
为什么抱我
For being the best dad ever.
为了最好的老爸
It's true, you know. I have the novelty mug to prove it.
确实是 还有好多理由能说明这点
Mm. Thanks for trusting me,
谢谢你相信我
For not pushing when you knew I was working something out.
知道我有秘密 却没有逼我
Well... I knew when you were ready, you would tell me.
我知道 你准备好了就会告诉我
So here it is...
事情是这样的
My school is starting a foreign exchange program
学校有一项交换生计划
To France.
去法国的
France? Yeah.
法国 没错
You weren't kicked out of school? No.
你不是被学校开除了 没有
No, the program lasts three weeks,
交换生要去三周
And so I'd miss your birthday. And I knew that Beckett
所以没法陪你过生日 而且听说贝克特
Had spent a semester abroad in college,
大学时出国学习过一学期
And I wanted to ask her if the experience
我想问她这种经历
Was worth it. And what'd she say?
值不值得 她怎么回答的
She said that I'd be going off
她说 还有几年我就得离家
To college in a couple of years.
去念大学
And that everything was gonna change,
然后一切就会改变了
And maybe it'd be good if we got a taste of that change now.
也许现在就尝试改变是件好事
Well...
这样啊
She's a smart woman.
她很有智慧
Yeah, she is.
的确是
But I decided not to go anyway.
但是我决定不走了
Because two years will be here soon enough,
因为两年很快就会过去
And I already got you your present,
而且我已经准备好了礼物
And I want to watch you open it.
我想看你打开
Mm. I say we celebrate with ice cream.
我们要用冰激凌庆祝一下
We'd be fools not to. Serve me.
不庆祝太傻了 做我的服务员
Chocolate or vanilla?
巧克力的还是香草味的
Duh. Chocolate.
巧克力味
Oh, and while we're eating, we can talk about colleges.
可以边吃边讨论下大学
I picked up a couple of brochures
我从升学指导办公室
At the guidance office,
拿了些宣传册
And you know what looks really cool? What?
知道哪所学校最棒吗 哪所
Oxford.
牛津
Oxford?
牛津
You know--you know that's in England, right?
你知道 牛津可是在英国啊
Yeah.
是啊
剧集 | 灵书妙探(2009) | 导航列表