剧集 | 兄弟姐妹(2006) | 导航列表
Coming back in three two one.
三 二 一
If you are just joining us today on Dear Mom
如果您是《好妈妈》栏目的新听众
we are talking about the big"c"-- commitment
我们今天要讨论的话题是"承诺"
And our next caller is Janey from Irvine.
下一位打进来的听众是来自欧文的珍妮
Good morning, Janey. So what's on your mind?
早上好珍妮 你有什么想说的呢
Hi, Nora. I love your show.
诺拉 我非常喜欢你的节目
Thank you. Um, okay, so, Janey, what's up?
谢谢 那么, 珍妮 怎么了
How do I know if my boyfriend Doug
我怎么才能知道我的男友道格
is truly committed to our relationship?
是否真心对待我们的感情
I don't know. Why are you asking me?
我不知道 为什么会问我呢
You have to hang up the phone, call Doug, and ask him.
你得挂掉电♥话♥ 打给道格问他才对
I don't know if I want to hear the answer.
我害怕答案会让我伤心失望
You can't waste your life waiting for someone to commit.
你不能浪费你的生命去等待一份承诺
But you--but you can't give up hope either.
但是 你也不能放弃希望
Sometimes there's hope where you least expect it.
有时候 你以为已然无望了 却又突然出现了希望
Take my middle son for instance.
拿我的二儿子来说
Now he was the child I thought least likely to commit, ever.
我以前认为他是最不可能做出承诺的孩子
And now he and his husband
但是现在他和他的丈夫
have been happily married for over three years.
结婚三年多 一直很恩爱
And honestly...
老实说
They have one of the best marriages I know.
他们的婚姻是我所知的最为美满幸福的
so there you have it.
我的意思你明白了吧
Oh, I-I thought you might want an espresso.
我猜你可能想喝一杯浓咖啡
I didn't realize you were still sleeping.
我不知道你还在睡觉
I wouldn't call it sleeping.
我可不觉得这是睡觉
More like barely achieving a semiunconscious state.
更像是一种半梦半醒的状态
Th-there's regular coffee, if you want that, too.
还有普通咖啡 如果你想要的话
Was there something else?
还有其他事儿吗
Uh, yeah.
有
Actually, I wanted to...
事实上 我想
to talk about the party tonight.
谈谈今晚的聚会
I don't want to ruin it for you
我不想给你搞砸了
so I thought maybe I... I shouldn't be there.
所以我想 我还是不去的好
It's a charity event.
只是个慈善活动
People have paid 150 bucks per head
每个人都付了150块
to be served your signature hors d'oeuvres by you
来享受你最拿手的开胃菜
and that's what they're gonna get.
你想让他们失望而归吗
Oh, g--this thing is like a concrete slab.
这沙发就像混凝土板 真硬
Kevin, I know how upset you are--
凯文 我知道你很生气
Yeah, it's kind of an appropriate reaction
是啊 这种反应很正常吧
when you find out your husband was with someone else
我丈夫背着我在外面胡搞
don't you think?
不是吗
You finished upstairs?
你已经在楼上漱洗过了吧
Because I'd like to take a shower now, please.
因为我要洗个澡
Yeah, I'm all done. The bathroom's all yours.
好吧 我已经完了 你请便
Good.
很好
oh, my god.
天呐
Hey, babe.
亲爱的
Hello.
好啊
I thought your plane wasn't getting in till noon.
我以为你中午才回来呢
How was the gallery? Did they like your work?
画廊怎么样 他们喜欢你的作品吗
Keeping my fingers crossed.
祝我好运吧
Oh, me, too.
祝你好运
Why aren't you wearing your engagement ring?
你干嘛不戴订婚戒指
Oh, that is a strange tale.
噢 我还真是无言以对
You still haven't told anybody?
你还没有公之于众吗
No, I just had to tell Cooper and Paige first.
没有 我只告诉了库珀和佩吉
And I was waiting for the right time, and...
我还在等时机 还有
And?
还有什么
And it didn't really go the way we planned.
事情有点出乎我们的意料
They weren't upset, were they?
让他们不高兴了吗
No. No, it's just that Cooper asked me
没有 只是库珀问我
how long we were going to be married for.
我们会结婚多久
How long?
多久
Mm-hmm. And he was not being sarcastic.
对 他当然没有挖苦的意思
I'm sorry, Sarah.
抱歉 莎拉
So I explained that we were gonna be married forever.
那我就说 我们会一辈子在一起
And he said, "No one's ever married forever.
他又说"没有人会一辈子在一起"
Look at you and dad."
"看你和爸爸就知道"
I'm sorry, babe. That's horrible.
抱歉 亲爱的 太糟糕了
I know. I can't believe that
我知道 我简直无法相信
that is the example I've set for my son.
这就是我给我儿子树立的形象
You know what? We'll prove him wrong.
我们向他证明他是错的
We will show Cooper that a marriage can last.
我们会让库珀知道 婚姻能够天长地久
Look, I'll talk to him when he gets back from Joe's.
他从乔那里回来后 我就找他谈谈
You know, I think that's a good idea.
好主意
He believes everything that you say. So should you.
你说什么他都信 你也该相信我
This is why you're going to wear that ring tonight
所以今晚你必须把戒指戴上
for everyone to see.
让大家都看看
Where are you going?
你要去哪里
I'm gonna take a yoga class.
我要去练瑜伽
Why?
为什么
I'm a morning person. You know that. Mm.
我习惯早起 你知道的
So...
那么
spend it with me.
与我共度良晨吧
Oh, I would love to
我倒是想
but I actually have appointments today.
但是我今天有约了
I thought the point of you
我以为你最美好的地方就是
was that you don't have appointments
你根本没有约
so that you go with the flow.
你只是顺其自然
Well, the flow has brought me back to L.A. and to you.
我顺其自然回到洛杉矶 回到你身边
I'm actually seeing some people about a position today.
其实我今天是要去应聘一个职位
As in downward dog
是瑜伽的下犬姿势
or a job?
还是一份工作
A job. It's a small investment banking firm.
是一份工作 在一家小投资银行公♥司♥
Investment banking?
投资银行
Wait a minute.
等等
I thought you and L.A. and corporate America didn't get along.
我以为你和洛杉矶还有美国公♥司♥ 八字不合
Yeah. I know, but it feels different this time.
对 我知道 但是这次感觉不同
Why? I'm telling you, it's not different.
为什么 我告诉你 毫无差别
It's the same crazy
洛杉矶一直是
car-jammed l.A. That it's always been.
又疯狂又堵车的城市 一直都这样
You're here.
你在这里啊
Well, don't go back into the rat race because of me.
不要为了我 又鏖战商场
No. This firm is about new ideas.
不会 这家公♥司♥注重创新
I love change, kitty.
凯蒂 我喜欢改变
Otherwise I wouldn't have moved to ojai in the first place.
不然我当初也不会搬来欧康
You're... really thinking about staying
你是下定决心要留下来了
Aren't you?
对吧
Yeah.
是的
I am.
真想
God! You have to be iron man
天哪 只有大力士
to get these things off. Kevin, let me help.
才能把这些弄下来 凯文 我来帮你
I can manage. You're sleep deprived.
我自己能行 你睡眠不足
Why don't you let me sleep on the couch?
你怎么不让我睡在沙发上
Because I don't want to sleep in our bed.
因为不想睡在我们床上
I told you, nothing happened in our bed.
我告诉过你 我没在我们床上做
Yeah, and I've told you
我也告诉过你
I don't want to know any details.
我不想知道任何细节
Fine, but we're both still living here
好吧 但是我们依然共同生活在这里
and your whole family is coming here tonight
你的家人今晚还会过来
and we can't just keep walking around like nothing's wrong.
我们不能装作没事儿一样
I don't want my family to know because it's humiliating.
我不想让我的家人知道 太丢脸了
Sometimes I wish I never told you. Then why did you?
我真希望没有告诉你 那干嘛告诉我
Because I made a mistake, Kevin
因为我犯错了 凯文
and the worst thing I did
我做的最烂的事情就是
pretend like it never happened.
假装什么事也没发生
I love you, and I know I owed you the truth.
我爱你 我知道我应该对你坦诚
No, what you owed me was fidelity.
不 你应该对我忠诚
Oh, god. I need a coffee.
天哪 我要一杯咖啡
剧集 | 兄弟姐妹(2006) | 导航列表