最后一个问题 林嘉德小姐
One final question, Mademoiselle Lingard.
露丝·谢夫尼克斯
Ruth Chevenix.
她怎么了?
What about her?
我听说就在发现尸体不久前你见过她
I understand that you saw her just before the body was discovered.
没错
Yes.
就在我们听见枪声之后
It was just after we all heard the shot.
她当时和我在客厅里
She was with me in the living room.
啊
Ah.
和我想的一样
It is as I thought.
谢谢
Merci.
很好 这似乎证实了露丝的话
Well, that seems to back up Ruth's story.
告诉我 黑斯廷斯 你对露丝小姐有何看法?
Tell me, Hastings, what was your opinion of Mademoiselle Ruth?
哦 我不知道
Well, I don't know.
我想知道她为什么要这么热心地袒护约翰·莱克
I'd like to know why she seemed so keen to defend John Lake.
正是
Precisement.
而且这问题也同样牵动着波罗的灰色小细胞
And that is also the question that exercises the little gray cells of Poirot.
好吧 波罗 你赢了
All right, Poirot, you win.
这不是自杀
It wasn't suicide.
这个想法从何而来 总督察?
From what comes this change of mind, Chief Inspector?
哦 就像你说的
Well, it's like you said.
杰维斯·谢夫尼克斯惯用右手
Gervase Chevenix was right-handed.
可我们找到他时 枪却握于他的左手
But when we found him, the gun was in his left hand.
对
Oui.
至于那颗子弹
And as for the bullet,
消失得无影无踪
it's vanished into thin air.
没在墙里?
Isn't it in the wall?
到处都没有
Nowhere.
这里还有些东西你得看看...
And here's something that you ought to see...
杰维斯·谢夫尼克斯的最终遗嘱
The last will and testament of Gervase Chevenix,
将他的财产--这可是笔大数目--
Leaving his fortune-- and it's a tidy sum--
留给凡达与露丝·谢夫尼克斯
to Vanda and Ruth Chevenix.
她们平分
They split it 50/50.
哦 还有一笔2000英镑的遗产
Oh, and there's a bequest of £2,000
给雨果·特伦特
to Hugo Trent.
啊
Ah.
看来他还是得到了他的资金
So he received his capital after all.
啊 没错
Ah, yes.
还有别的呢
But there's something else.
这是我们在他抽屉里发现的
We found this in one of his desk drawers,
抽屉没锁
unlocked.
任何人都能看见
Anyone could have seen it.
第二份遗嘱
A second will.
是的
Yes,
可还没签名
but unsigned.
里面有什么限定?
What does it entail?
幼稚极了
It's completely barmy.
假如雨果·特伦特与露丝·谢夫尼克斯不同对方结婚
Vanda Chevenix gets everything
凡达·谢夫尼克斯就能得到一切
if Hugo Trent and Ruth Chevenix don't marry each other.
我说
I say.
这听起来就像个谋杀动机
That sounds like a motive for murder
我从没听说过
if ever I heard one.
不错
Right.
我也这么想
That's what I thought too.
那么你在暗示谢夫尼克斯先生
So you are suggesting that Monsieur Chevenix
被杀就是为了阻止他签署这份新遗嘱?
was killed to prevent him from signing this new will?
对
Right.
有可能 是的
It is possible, yes.
可有件事我想知道 波罗
But there's one thing I'd like to know, Poirot.
什么事 总督察?
What is that, Chief Inspector?
你到底在汉伯鲁克鲁斯干什么?
What exactly were you doing at Hamborough Close?
你是怎么掺和进来的?
How did you get mixed up in all this?
诈骗?
Fraud?
这是谢夫尼克斯先生的想法
That is what Monsieur Chevenix believed.
诺斯盖特开♥发♥公♥司♥
Northgate Development.
和你估计的不太一样 是吗?
Not quite what you'd expect, is it?
哦 如果这地方只是个店面 黑斯廷斯上尉
Well, if this place is just a front, Captain Hastings,
那就与我的估计完全一样
it's exactly what I'd expect.
对 门开着
Yeah, the door's open.
真安静
It's very quiet.
连个人影都没看到
There doesn't seem to be anybody about.
这地方已经废弃了
Place is deserted.
肯定是捞了一票
Must've done a buck.
我说 波罗
I say, Poirot.
来看看这个
Come and look at this.
哈罗区的庞德街
Pond Street, Harrow.
是个筹划中的模型
It's a scale model of the development.
它就没让你想起什么 黑斯廷斯?
Does it not remind you of something, Hastings?
看来有点像汉伯鲁克鲁斯
Looks a bit like Hamborough Close.
它们出自一人之手
It is the work of the same hand.
黑斯廷斯 你闻到烟味了吗?
Hastings, do you smell smoke?
是啊
Yes.
上帝! 里边有人
God, there's someone in there.
贾普!
Japp!
什么事?
What is it?
哎呀!
Blimey.
是约翰·莱克
It's John Lake.
快点 抬他出去
Come on, get him outside.
噢 真见鬼!
Oh, sacre bleu.
火势蔓延了!
The fire, it is spreading!
总督察
Chief Inspector,
黑斯廷斯 跟着我!
Hastings, follow me!
小心 黑斯廷斯上尉
Careful, Captain Hastings.
啊 我看不见了
Ugh, I can't see.
上帝!
Good Lord.
波罗先生
Mr. Poirot.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我很蠢
I've been foolish.
你想告诉我有关诺斯盖特开♥发♥公♥司♥的事吗 莱克先生?
You wish to tell me about Northgate Development, Monsieur Lake?
是的
Yes.
是的
Yes.
我不明白我在做什么
I didn't know what I was doing.
这是实话
That's the truth of it.
我简直摸不着头脑
I was out of my depth.
起初 我就是个建筑师
To start with,I was just the architect.
后来他们问我是否愿意作合伙人
Then they asked me if I'd Iike to be a partner.
我对生意上的事一无所知
I didn't know anything about business,
可我却受宠若惊
but I was flattered.
所以你帮他们筹集了资金?
And so you helped them to raise the finance?
是的
Yes.
然后他们带着钱消失 让你背了黑锅
And they disappeared with it,leaving you to carry the can.
没错
That's right.
当杰维斯把你找来时 我怕了
When Gervase called you in,I was afraid.
我慌了
I panicked.
我只是想毁灭证据
I just wanted to get rid of the evidence.
那么就是你放的火吧
So it was you that started the blaze.
我设了个装置
I set a device,
一个定时器
a timer.
可是不管用
Which misfired.
如果你们
If you--
如果你们没发现我...
if you hadn't found me...
波罗先生
Mr. Poirot.
小姐
Mademoiselle.
总督察
Chief Inspector.
我一定要进去
I have to go in.
抱歉 小姐 不得探视
I'm sorry, miss, no visitors.
你不会明白的 我必须要见他
But you don't understand. I must see him.
仅限家属
It's family only.
这是大夫的规定
Those are doctor's orders.
我就是家属 总督察
I am family, Chief Inspector.
我是他妻子
I'm his wife.
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表