那天晚上 由于我的遗嘱受益人里
没有维尔莱特而产生了一些分歧
There was some consternation that night
that I had excluded Violet from my will,
但明天我会予以更正
but tomorrow I'm going to put that right.
我打算写一份新遗嘱 将一切都留给维尔莱特
I intend to write a new will,
leaving everything to Violet.
事实上 我为她这三年在剑桥的成就
Truth is, I've been so proud
of her achievements at Cambridge
感到非常自豪
over the past three years.
这是她应得的
She deserves it.
我希望由你来执行这份遗嘱 波罗
I'd like you to be executor of that will, Poirot.
说你会为我这么做的
Say you'll do it for me.
当然 可是
But of course.
为什么要这么急呢?
Why this urgency?
见鬼 谁会在晚上这时候打电♥话♥?
Who the hell is that at this time of night?
这样吧 我们--我们明天详谈
Look, we'll--we'll talk more tomorrow.
好的 当然
Oui, bien sur.
晚安
Good night.
晚安 朋友
Bonne nuit, cher ami.
喂?
Hello?
什么 现在?
What, now?
这事不能晚点说吗?
Couldn't this have waited?
早啊 波罗
Morning, Poirot.
早上好 黑斯汀斯
Good morning, Hastings.
你好 小姐
Bonjour, mademoiselle.
你觉得这匹“大力士”怎样?
What do you think of Samson?
我觉得他蛮大的 你要小心 黑斯汀斯
I think that he is large, and
you should take care, Hastings.
我们早餐见 波罗先生
We'll join you for breakfast, Monsieur Poirot.
真是座华而不实的建筑!
What a charming folly.
这是安德鲁15年前重建的
Andrew restored it about 15 years ago.
他常来这里考虑事情
He comes here to think.
比比谁先到家
Race you back.
快点
Come on.
等一下 维尔莱特
Wait a minute, Violet.
安德鲁?
Andrew?
维尔莱特 回家去找贝克警司
Violet, go back to the house and get Sergeant Baker
还有波罗
and Poirot too.
贝克警司 你答应过让我搜查的
Sergeant Baker, you permitted I make a search.
我的人已经搜过了 先生
My men have done that, sir.
一无所获
Found nothing.
也许尸检结果会告诉我们许多事
Perhaps a postmortem will tell us more.
没必要尸检
There's no call for a postmortem.
我已经检查过尸体了
I've examined the body.
安德鲁大约死于8小时前
Andrew died about eight hours ago.
我待会开给你死亡证明
I'll give you the death certificate.
心脏衰竭?
Heart failure?
有什么问题吗?
What's wrong with that?
写了等于没写
It says nothing.
我还没见过心脏会动的尸体
I've yet to see a corpse whose heart still beats.
波罗 伦敦最好的心脏科专家
Poirot, the leading heart specialist in London
会告诉你安德鲁--
would tell you that Andrew--
他的病情我很清楚
His illness and I were well-acquainted,
医生
Monsieur Doctor.
大半夜还来这里转悠 你不觉得有些怪异吗?
It's a bit odd to be walking around here in
the middle of the night, though, don't you think?
他经常晚上出来散步 上尉
He often had a late stroll, Captain.
有助于他的睡眠
It helped him to sleep.
这给你 沃尔特
There you are, Walter.
昨晚 安德鲁告诉我他要立份新遗嘱
Last night, Andrew tells me he was to make a new will.
半夜里他接到一个电♥话♥
Half past midnight he gets a telephone call.
今天早上他就死了
This morning he is dead.
不 这不是巧合 黑斯汀斯
No, this is not coincidence, Hastings.
我们必须仔细搜查
We must make the search.
黑斯汀斯 连石头后边都别漏过
And Hastings, leave not a rock unturned.
你知道 波罗先生
As your know, Monsieur Poirot,
通常在葬礼之前不会宣读遗嘱
it's not usual to read a will before the funeral,
但在这种情况下我可以破例
but in this case I've made an exception,
希望能消除你对安德鲁先生死因的怀疑
hoping to dispel your fears
concerning Andrew's death.
谢谢
Thank you.
女士们先生们 也许我们该坐下了
Ladies and gentlemen, perhaps we should be seated.
谢谢
Thank you.
遗嘱内容很简单 波罗先生
It wasn't a complicated will, Mr. Poirot.
我们当时都在场
We were all present at the witnessing,
十年前的事了
ten years ago now.
遗嘱呢 西德威先生?
The will, Monsieur Siddaway.
好像不在这里
It doesn't appear to be here.
别逗了 亲爱的
Don't be absurd, dear.
肯定在的
It must be.
也许就在里边的什么地方 先生
It's got to be there somewhere, sir.
只要找到就行
Just a matter of finding it.
女士们先生们
Madam and monsieur,
安德鲁·马什是我们在场所有人的好朋友
Andrew Marsh was a good friend
to all of us here in this room,
但看来你们都不希望继续调查他的死因
and yet it seems that you wish
his death to pass unquestioned.
不是所有人 波罗先生
Not all of us, Mr. Poirot.
现在遗嘱失踪了
And now we have a disappearing will,
而你却无动于衷 警司
and still you do nothing, Sergeant.
无意冒犯 波罗 我觉得你过于疑心了
With respect, Poirot, I think
you're reading too much into it.
真的?
Indeed.
在那份新遗嘱里 安德鲁·马什打算
The new will that Andrew Marsh intended to write
将一切都留给维尔莱特小姐
would have left everything to Mademoiselle Violet
波罗是执行人
with Poirot as executor.
很好 我会执行的
Very well; I will execute.
但要注意 朋友们
But beware, mes amis.
即便你们不帮忙 我也会这么做的
For in so doing, with or without your help,
我会解开他的死亡之谜
I will unravel the mystery of his death.
太不像话了 黑斯廷斯
This is intolerable, Hastings.
我们面对的是个紧密相联的团体
We are dealing with a close-knit community,
彼此之间都很了解
where the business of each is known to all,
除了波罗
except to Poirot.
暂时
Yet.
等一下 波罗
Just a second, Poirot.
丢了遗嘱可能是件好事
That missing will could be a godsend.
这意味着安德鲁死后没有遗嘱
It'll mean Andrew died intestate.
谢谢你的乐观主义精神 黑斯汀斯
Thank you for that note of optimism, Hastings.
而你只须对遗嘱认证法♥院♥说
But all you have to do is tell the probate court
安德鲁要把一切都留给维尔莱特就行了
that Andrew wanted Violet to have everything.
那你觉得他们会相信吗?
And you think that they will accept that?
安德鲁·马什私下和我说了他的心愿
The wishes of Andrew Marsh told to me in confidence
没有别的证人?
without any witnesses?
哦 我懂了
Oh, I see.
哦 波罗
Uh, Poirot.
我能否与你谈谈?
I wonder if I might have a word.
干杯
Sante.
哦 祝健康
Uh, good health.
我要让你知道 作为
I want you to know that I am the major beneficiary
埃林福特医疗基金会的会长
of Andrew's missing will
我是安德鲁那份失踪的遗嘱里最大的受益人
as chairman of the Ellen Ford Foundation,
以免你有所误会
in case you get the wrong end of the stick.
我没误会 医生
I have no stick by either end, Monsieur Doctor.
好的 但是你很可能认为
Yes, but you might reasonably think
75%的遗产足以构成杀人动机
that 75%o of the Marsh estate is worth killing for,
而且你说安德鲁打算新立遗嘱
and Andrew was going to make a new will, you said.
但是你不会偷那份旧遗嘱
But you would not have stolen the old will,
因为它对你有利
since it favored you.
安德鲁和你说他要维尔莱特获得一切
Andrew told you he wanted
Violet to have everything,
你说的
you said.
他没提到别人吗?
Did he mention nobody else?
没有
No.
你为什么这么问?
Why is it that you ask?
因为 长久以来
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表