You must be Mr. Poirot.
先生
Monsieur.
- 这位... - 亚瑟·黑斯廷斯
- And. - Arthur Hastings.
雨果·特伦特
Hugo Trent.
您看 我本来该开车送你们去汉伯鲁克鲁斯
Look, I'm supposed to be driving you to Hamborough Close.
可我中途要去一下工作室
But I've got to stop off at my studio.
你们介意吗?
Do you mind terribly?
- 一点儿不 - Not at all.
- 就在半路上 - It's on the way.
好的
Bon.
这些是我设计的
And these are my designs,
所有的都是
all of them.
我们这里做的东西具有划时代的意义 波罗先生
What we're doing here is revolutionary, Mr. Poirot.
您觉得呢?
What do you think?
我觉得这些东西非比寻常
I think it is most remarkable.
都是金属的?
Is it all metal?
管子是钢的
Tubular steel.
你看 谁还会要木质的呢 黑斯廷斯上尉?
You see, who need s wood, Captain Hastings?
木头会膨胀 腐烂 干枯
Wood expands. It perishes. It dries out.
可是金属 金属是完美无缺的
But metal, metal is perfect.
你看 这三角形的细致精工
You see, triang ulated joinery.
一丝不乱
There's no fuss.
哦 是的 我看到了
Oh, yes, I see.
- 雨果 - 稍等片刻 劳伦斯
- Hugo. - Give me a minute, Lawrence.
看看这个
Look at this.
坐吧
Sit down.
你觉得如何?
What do you think?
我觉得...
I think...
这是个完美的设计
that it is perfectly conceived.
这代表了将来 波罗先生
This is the future, Mr. Poirot.
而且我能卖♥♥掉数千个 只须--
And I could sell thousands, if only--
杰维斯舅舅
Uncle Gervase.
他不支持你?
He does not support this enterprise?
单单走到这步就很不易了
Just getting this far has been a struggle.
眼下银行都在催款
Now the banks are closing in,
所以我可能不得不把我的设计卖♥♥了
and I may have to sell my designs
来还钱
just to pay them off.
雨果
Hugo.
你不在时他们来过电♥话♥了
They telephoned while you were out.
他们不会再给你时间了
They won't give you any more time.
我必须和他们谈谈
I'll have to speak to them.
失陪了 波罗先生
Excuse me, Mr. Poirot.
劳伦斯会开车送你们
Lawrence will have to drive you.
真该死
Damn it to hell.
嗯 好一个地方
Mm. Quite a place.
下午好 先生们
Good afternoon, gentlemen.
谢夫尼克斯先生正等着你们
Mr. Chevenix is waiting for you.
谢谢
Merci.
进来!
Enter!
波罗先生到了
Monsieur Poirot, sir.
噢 波罗先生
Oh, Mr. Poirot.
你来就好
Good of you to come.
你把你的秘书带来了
You've brought your secretary.
这位是我的同事 黑斯廷斯上尉
This is my associate, Captain Hastings.
哦 对了
Oh, yes.
我在拍卖♥♥会上见过他
I saw him at the auction.
那么 你有何感想?
Well, what do you think?
早上挂的
Hung it this morning.
看上去不错吧 不是吗?
Looks good, doesn't it?
是的 确实
Yes, indeed.
要么我晚点再来 谢夫尼克斯先生?
Shall I come back later, Mr. Chevenix?
好的
Yes.
你可以把那东西纳入马蒂斯流派
You can sort out that stuff on Matisse.
这是林嘉德小姐 我的研究助理
This is Miss Lingard, my research assistant.
你好
How do you do?
林嘉德小姐
Mademoiselle Lingard.
我们正为英国当代艺术博物馆做一项有关野兽派的研究
We're working on a study of fauvism
for the British Museum of Modern Art.
噢 林嘉德小姐
Oh, Miss Lingard,
那个建筑师还在吗?
is that architect here?
应该还在 谢夫尼克斯先生
I believe so, Mr. C hevenix.
让他进来 好吗?
Have him come in, will you?
1万英镑 波罗先生--
£10,000, Mr. Poirot--
不是个小数目
not a drop in the ocean.
那就我付给他--约翰·莱克的数目
That's how much I've paid him, John Lake.
这就是你希望我调查的骗局?
And this is the fraud you wish me to investigate?
是的
Yes.
那你给他钱的用意是什么呢?
For what purpose did you give him the money?
在伦敦有个重大的开♥发♥项目:
A big development in London:
商店 办公室 公♥寓♥
shops, offices, apartments.
他负责建造 然后他让我投资
He's building it, and he's gotten me to invest.
至今 他甚至连块砖头都没铺过
So far, he hasn't even laid a brick.
而我开始怀疑他会不会动工
And I'm beginning to wonder if he ever will.
你要见我吗 杰维斯?
You wanted to see me, Gervase?
来吧 莱克
Come in, Lake.
有个人我要让你见见
There's someone I want you to meet.
这是赫尔克里·波罗
This is Hercule Poirot.
那个侦探
The detective.
是的
Yes.
为什么你不带波罗先生到花♥园♥
Why don't you take Mr. Poirot into the garden
去喝点茶呢?
and get him some tea?
我和你们晚餐见
I'll see you at dinner.
我们八点一刻在大厅用餐
We'll eat in the hall, quarter past 8:00.
别想迟到
Do try not to be late.
斯奈尔第一次鸣锣是8:08
Snell rings the first gong at eight minutes past the hour
第二次是8:15
and the second at 8:15.
我们到时见
I'll see you then.
先生们
Gentlemen.
我--我不认为--
I--I don't suppose--
你不是来这儿工作吧 波罗先生
You're not here on business, Mr. Poirot.
这正是我来的原因 莱克先生
That is precisely why I am here, Monsieur Lake.
噢
Oh.
典型的杰维斯作风
That's typical of Gervase.
他就喜欢突发奇想
He likes to spring his surprises.
让我为你介绍
Let me introduce you.
这位是凡达·谢夫尼克斯太太
This is Mrs. Vanda Chevenix.
赫尔克里·波罗 黑斯廷斯
Hercule Poirot, Captain Hastings.
- 太太 - 你好吗?
- Madame. -How do you do?
和她的女儿 谢夫尼克斯小姐
And her daughter, Miss Chevenix.
露丝
Ruth.
- 小姐 - 你好
- Mademoiselle.- Hello.
你好
Hello.
看来 波罗先生正在为你父亲办事
Apparently, Mr. Poirot is doing some work for your father.
为杰维斯?
For Gervase?
真的?
Really?
对
Oui.
与死亡有关
It is about the death.
什么死亡 谢夫尼克斯太太?
What death, Madame Chevenix?
萨芙拉告诫我说将有一起死亡
Safra warned me there would be a death.
她跟我说不用怕
She told me not to be afraid.
谁是萨芙拉?
Who's Safra?
她是阿蒙霍特普的佣人
She was a servant of Amenhotep.
我灵魂的导师
She is my spiritual guide.
噢 行了 凡达
Oh, come on, Vanda.
我想波罗先生肯定不愿听这种话的
I'm sure Mr. Poirot doesn't want to hear about all that.
正相反 小姐
Au contraire, mademoiselle.
只要是与神秘有关的事 波罗总会感兴趣的
Poirot interests himself always in matters of the occult.
您允许吗?
You permit?
谢谢
Merci.
这非常古老了
It is very old.
有3000年了
It is 3,000 years old.
是她的
It was hers.
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表