Because, for a long time now,
我一直相信安德鲁有一个儿子
I've believed that Andrew had a son.
相信是好的 医生
Belief, Monsieur Doctor, is good,
但还不够好
but it is not good enough.
某天晚上 安德鲁 约翰和我在克拉布特里聚会
Andrew, John, and myself,
we met at Crabtree one night.
应该是 嗯 两年前的事了
It must've been, hmm, two years ago now.
莎拉出去了 而罗伯特刚考进剑桥
Sarah was away, and Robert had
just been accepted at Cambridge.
他父亲欣喜若狂 自豪万分
His father was full of it, bursting with pride.
敬罗伯特!
To Robert.
敬罗伯特!
To Robert.
- 敬罗伯特! - Robert.
- 谢谢 - Thank you.
我真为你高兴 约翰
I'm very happy for you, John.
噢 请你们原谅我的啰嗦
Oh, forgive me, both of you.
你们体会不到我的感受
I rattle on as if you fellows
had sons to be proud of as well.
你凭什么认为我体会不到你的感受?
What makes you think I don't
understand your pride perfectly?
虽然你是我的律师 约翰
You may be my solicitor, John,
可你并不知道我的一切
but you don't know everything about me.
是吗 玛吉?
Does he, Maggie?
其实安德鲁·马什一直很喜欢玛格丽特·贝克
Andrew Marsh was always
very fond of Margaret Baker.
也许彼得是安德鲁的儿子
Maybe Peter is Andrew's son.
我知道了
I see.
医生 我谢谢你
Doctor, I thank you.
我一直迷失于黑暗中 但此刻你让我看见了光明
I have been stumbling around in a darkened
room, and now you have switched on the light.
你看出事情的脉络吗 黑斯汀斯?
You see how things go, Hastings?
我相信他是因财而死
I believe that he was killed for his fortune,
可问题依然存在:
but the question still remains:
一旦他过世 谁会来索要财产?
who would lay claim to it once he had died?
哦 还有普里查德提到的那个儿子
Well, there's that son that Pritchard talks about.
但仅凭他的一句话还不能确定此人是否存在
But then we only have his word that he exists.
我们找出了那个儿子 朋友 我们也就找出了凶手
We find the son, mon ami; we also find the murderer.
我们可以马上找玛格丽特·贝克夫人证实
Soon we may have the word of Madam Margaret Baker.
你不能问女人这样一个问题 波罗
You can't ask a woman a question like that, Poirot.
我不仅可以 黑斯汀斯 我还必须这样
Not only can I, Hastings, I must.
遇见他是在澳大利亚 先生
Met him in Australia, sir.
他雇我做维尔莱特的保姆 他生意伙伴的孩子
He hired me as nanny to Violet,
his business partner's child.
当他回英国时
And when he came to England,
他给我机会要我也来
he gave me the chance to come too.
就在这儿你遇见了你的丈夫
Which is where you met your husband,
当地的警官
the bobby of the village.
贝克太太 恕我唐突
Madam Baker, I truly wish
to cause you no offense,
可安德鲁·马什先生 他很仰慕你
but Monsieur Andrew Marsh, he admired you greatly,
不是吗?
n'est-ce pas?
哦 是的
Well, yes.
而你也很喜欢他?
And you were also very fond of him.
是的
Yes.
那或许可以这么说
And perhaps it would be true to say
你的工作不仅是照顾维尔莱特小姐
that you did not work for him as
a nanny to Mademoiselle Violet
还包括与他一起生活?
so much as to share in his life?
我想听听看
I want to hear this.
你是说我可能有权继承他的遗产
You're saying I might have a claim to his fortune,
是吗 波罗先生?
aren't you, Mr. Poirot?
闭嘴!
Be quiet!
爸爸 你总说安德鲁看女人很有眼光
Dad, you always said Andrew
had an eye for the ladies.
是的 依我看 他只是喜欢欣赏
Yes, well, in my case, he admired from afar.
我们从澳大利亚回来后
After we came back from Australia,
安德鲁先生就去法国打仗了
Mr. Andrew was sent to fight in France.
我怀上你时他已经走了
You were conceived while he was away.
当安德鲁能离开那里时 彼得已经三个月了
By the time Andrew got leave,
Peter was three months old.
这么说当安德鲁先生不在时
So you worked as the nanny to Mademoiselle Violet
你只是维尔莱特小姐的保姆?
while Monsieur Andrew, he was absent?
是的
Yes.
哦 当然 他的朋友也会来帮忙
Well, his other friends
pulled their weight, of course,
但坎平恩小姐不太喜欢小孩子
but Miss Campion's not much good with small children,
西德威太太也是
nor Mrs. Siddaway, come to that,
尽管她是个儿童护士
in spite of being a children's nurse.
啊
Ah.
谢谢你 太太
Thank you, madam.
你敢这样乱猜胆子可不小 波罗
You got some gall to go casting
suspicions like that, Poirot.
贝克警司 我有这个胆
I have the gall, Sergeant Baker,
是因为有人被谋杀了 而你却不愿调查
because a man has been murdered,
and you refuse to investigate.
很好
Very well.
现在到我越级调查的时候了
The time has now come for me to go above your head.
感谢你的到来 总督查
Thank you for coming, Chief Inspector.
我知道你已经见过贝克警司了
You have met Sergeant Baker, I see.
是的
Yes.
我不得不说 波罗 虽然你这么评价他
I must say, Poirot, that in spite of your comments,
可他在我看来还算是个可靠的家伙
he seems like a reliable chap to me.
这边走 总督查
This way, Chief Inspector.
马什先生的尸体就是在这里发现的 总督查
Monsieur Marsh was discovered here, Chief Inspector.
尸体上没有伤痕?
No marks on the body?
没发现任何异常之物?
Nothing out of the ordinary found?
什么也没有
Rien.
那这是什么 这不算是异常之物吗?
What's this, then, if it isn't out of the ordinary?
难以置信
C'est incroyable.
依我看像是一个药瓶
Looks like a medicine bottle to me.
我已经仔细搜过这地方了
I myself searched this area but meticulously.
肯定是看漏了 波罗
Must've missed it, Poirot.
有没有附近的郎中喧称丢过这类东西?
Any of the local quacks reported one of these missing?
没有 长官
No, sir.
抱歉 长官
Sorry, sir.
我会马上调查这事
I'll get onto it right away.
我去问问普里查德医生
I'll ask Dr. Pritchard.
普里查德?
Pritchard?
他是埃林福特医疗基金会的会长
He's the chairman for the
Ellen Ford Medical Foundation.
马丁·普里查德医生
Dr. Martin Pritchard.
听着 波罗
Listen, Poirot.
先别告诉别人我在这里
Don't tell people I'm in the neighborhood yet.
我要去见法医
I shall need to see the coroner's officer.
我要他做个药物分♥析♥
I want a postmortem.
我要知道这里面放过什么
I want to know what was in this.
坎平恩小姐 能耽误您几分钟吗?
Miss Campion, could you spare us a few moments?
我正赶时间 罗伯特
I am rather pressed for time, Robert.
求你了 菲丽达
Please, Phyllida.
这事和我母亲有关 坎平恩小姐
It's about my mother, Miss Campion.
和我有关
About me.
我猜也和我父亲有关
About my father too, I suppose.
在国王学院待了两年 你说话依然毫无条理
Two years at King's and
you still don't make any sense,
我亲爱的孩子 就像你以前一样
my dear boy, like so many before you.
等你知道原因后就不会笑他了 菲丽达
You won't laugh when you know the reason, Phyllida.
罗伯特需要你的建议
Robert needs your advice.
我认为安德鲁·马什是我父亲 坎平恩小姐
I think Andrew Marsh was my father, Miss Campion.
那你是来问我该怎么做吗?
And you're asking me what you should do about it?
你为什么不去问波罗先生呢?
Why don't you ask Mr. Poirot?
可是 罗伯特 你以前怎么不提这事?
But Robert, why didn't you
mention this before today?
我母亲昨晚才告诉我的
My mother only told me about it last night.
对她来说这很需要勇气
It took some guts on her part.
看来你并没为此烦心 罗伯特
It doesn't seem to have upset you unduly, Robert.
哦 仔细想过之后 这又有什么分别呢?
Well, after some thought,
what difference does it make?
那好吧 罗伯特先生 我来告诉你有何分别
Bien, Monsieur Robert, I
will tell you the difference.
在那份失踪的遗嘱里 你能继承的遗产很少
In the will that is missing,
you inherit a small fortune.
可一旦你能证实你是他的儿子
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表