包括定期出席验尸法庭
involved my regular attendance
at the court of the coroner.
保罗·德鲁拉德之死
The death of Paul Deroulard was treated
被所有的当事人例行公事般地应付了事
by all those concerned as a matter of routine.
的确不是 法官阁下
Indeed not, Your Honor.
保罗·德鲁拉德...
Paul Deroulard...
那些证词表明没有理由
Those giving evidence saw no reason
质疑保罗的死因
to question the death of Paul,
所以一开始 我也没有怀疑
and at first, neither did I.
作为一名尚有疑点的受害者...
Being the victim of foul play...
这件案子的主要证人是我的上司
The principal witness in the case was my superior,
布歇警司
Superintendent Boucher
本案有可能是谋杀吗?
Foul play might have been the case?
绝不可能 先生
Nothing whatsoever, monsieur.
我们搜遍房♥子也没发现任何东西
We searched the house and found nothing untoward.
你可以退下了
You may step down.
女士们和先生们 我非常肯定
Ladies and gentlemen, I am more than satisfied
保罗·德鲁拉德之死 只是一场悲剧
that Paul Deroulard's death,
though a tragedy, of course,
他确实死于心力衰竭
was due to heart failure,
鉴此我作出判决
And I give my verdict accordingly.
这不可能是对的!
That can't be right!
你有别的证据吗 梅纳德小姐?
You have further evidence, Mademoiselle Mesnard?
我告诉你 他不可能就这样死的
I tell you, he can't just have died.
你为什么会相信他们说的话?
Well, why do you take everyone at their word?
我建议你 小姐
I would advise you, mademoiselle,
与我说话时注意一下你的措辞
to guard your remarks when addressing me.
原谅她吧 先生
Forgive her, monsieur.
她只是受了很大的打击而已
but she is much affected by the death.
我们会照顾她的
We will look after her.
我的同事尚塔利和我
My colleague Chantalier and I
都觉得这案子处理得过于草率
felt that the case was being dismissed too readily.
尽管我们只是以观察员的身份坐在那里
And although we were only there as observers,
但我们觉得有责任
we decided it was our duty
把看到的事上报给布歇警司
to raise the matter with Superintendent Boucher.
布歇警司
Superintendent Boucher,
如果您愿意 就一会儿
one moment, if you please.
尚塔利和我本人 我们非常乐意
Chantalier and myself, we would be very happy
进一步调查德鲁拉德案件
to investigate further the Deroulard case.
我能问为什么吗?
What for, may I ask?
噢 那位年轻小姐在法庭上说的话
Oh, the outburst of the young lady in court.
我们能对它充耳不闻吗?
Can--can we ignore that?
再说 那位受害者 他可是一名政♥府♥部长
And also, the victim, he was a government minister.
那恰恰就是你们该把它忘掉的原因 波罗
That is precisely why you will
put it out of your mind, Poirot.
警司--
Superintendent--
这件案子结束了 先生们
The case is closed, gentlemen.
但是一次最始料不及的邀请
But it was an invitation most unexpected
确保了此案得以延续
which ensured that the case was not closed.
啊 赫尔克里
Ah, Hercule.
亨利 早安 你好吗?
Henri, bonjour, ca va?
你为什么要瞒我呢?
Why have you kept it a secret from me?
你在说什么 亨利?
What are you talking about, Henri?
我说的是那位年轻小姐
The young lady I spoke to you about,
她正坐在五号♥桌
she's at table five.
啊
Ah.
谢谢
Merci.
她特意来找你的
She asked for you specially.
点名找我?
By name?
是找胡子
By mustache.
赫尔克里·波罗?
Hercule Poirot?
听候您的吩咐 小姐
At your service, mademoiselle.
维吉妮·梅纳德
Virginie Mesnard.
梅纳德小姐
Mademoiselle Mesnard.
您愿意坐下吗 请吧?
Would you take a seat, please?
谢谢
Merci.
我也在法庭 小姐
I was in court, mademoiselle,
当您对保罗·德鲁拉德先生的死因
when you expressed a certain doubt
提出肯定的质疑时
concerning the death of Monsieur Paul Deroulard.
他怎么会死于心力衰竭呢?
How can he have died of heart failure?
他那么强壮的一个人
He was such a robust man.
那么这就是您怀疑的依据
And that is all upon which you base your doubt,
他显得很健康?
his apparent good health?
还有一些女性的直觉 先生
And some feminine instinct, monsieur.
您相信这类事吗?
You believe in such a thing?
也许
Perhaps.
为什么您会来找我呢?
Why is it that you come to me?
我一个朋友是本地报纸的秘书
A friend of mine is a secretary at the local paper,
而那里的编辑经常提起您的名字
and the editor mentions your name often.
“从阴郁沉闷的警队里闪出的一道火光”
"A spark in the otherwise
dull embers of the police force,"
他说
he says.
啊
Ah.
他是个有眼光的人
He is a man of perception.
您会帮我吗 先生?
Will you help me, monsieur?
确实 小姐 有人告知我说
Et bien, mademoiselle, I have been told
这案子结束了
that the case, it is closed.
但是在没得到我想要的之前 我是不会走的
But I am due some leave, which I shall take.
一个难以抗拒的笑靥 嗯 波罗?
A difficult smile to resist, eh, Hercule?
是的 确实
Yes, indeed.
噢 如果你以为是那位年轻的小姐
Oh, if you think that the young lady
吸引了我而不是那件案子 那你就误会我了 克劳德
and not the case attracted me, you do me a wrong, Claude.
可你仍然还戴着她送给你的饰件
Yet you still wear the trinket she gave you.
什么 这个?
What, this?
当然
Bien sur.
如果你认为波罗
If you think that Poirot
只看到了她那无比妩媚的笑容
could not see beyond that smile most bewitching
以及她那勾魂夺魄的魅力--
and that her charm was such that--
永远的女人 总督察
Toujours la femme, Chief Inspector.
你们英语里有同样意思的词语吗?
You have a phrase in English which means the same?
哦 不像你们说的那么直白 长官
Well, nothing as crisp as yours, sir.
我们一般都这么说
We just tend to say something like,
“记住我的话
"Mark my words,
总会有个女人置身于世界深处”
there'll be a woman at the bottom of it somewhere."
赫尔克里 德·圣·阿♥拉♥德伯爵来了
Hercule, it's the Comte du St. Alard.
啊 伯爵先生 晚上好
Ah, Monsieur le Comte, bonsoir.
您乐意与我们同席吗?
Will you join us?
你回来是想管别人闲事
Have you come to interfere in yet
more business that doesn't concern you,
毁掉更多人的名声吗?
to ruin a few more reputations?
身为这个都市的市长 阿♥拉♥德伯爵
As mayor of this city, St. Alard,
你的名声如日中天
your reputation has never been better.
我又不欠这个好管闲事自命不凡的家伙
No thanks to this meddling upstart,
我发誓 波罗
I swore to myself, Poirot,
下次我见到你时
the next time I saw you,
无论何时 下一次我会--
no matter when it was, the very next time, I would--
伯爵先生
Monsieur le Comte.
如果比利时的贵族都这样
If that's the Belgian aristocracy,
你们就该闹革命了
it's about time you had a revolution.
他不是无理取闹 总督察
He was not entirely unprovoked, Chief Inspector.
我就在场 波罗 你什么都没做
I was there, Poirot. You didn't do anything.
可是多年前你并没到场 我的朋友
But you were not there all those years ago, mon ami,
在我给了他恨我的理由时
when I gave him cause to resent me.
这个 嗯 “布兰切朵”的伙伴
This, um, Compagnon de la Branche d'Or
他们要授予我的 波罗...
they're awarding me, Poirot...
怎么了?
Ouiais?
我是说 “布兰切朵”究竟是什么?
I mean, what exactly is a Branche d'Or?
那是一种橄榄树的金枝 我的朋友
It is a golden branch of an olive tree, mon ami.
在希腊神话中 拿着它的人
In Greek mythology, he who carried it
就能无敌于天下
became invincible.
对我们这种工作非常有用 不是吗 总督察?
Very useful in our line of work,
n'est-ce pas, Chief Inspector?
我们知道颁奖人是谁吗?
Do we know who's presenting it yet?
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表