-= 大侦探波洛探案集 =-
第五季第六集
《巧克力盒》
你怎么就明白不了呢?
Can't you understand?
我所考虑的是我们的将来以及比利时的将来
It's our future and Belgium's future that I'm thinking of.
天主教禁锢了你的思想 玛丽安
The Catholic Church has narrowed your mind, Marianne,
就像我妈
just as it has my mother's.
可你没意识到吗 保罗?
But don't you see, Paul?
你总是要我在你和我的信仰中做选择
You keep asking me to choose between you and my faith.
我不敢相信你竟然说这样的话 玛丽安
I can't believe what you're saying, Marianne.
你是说你的脑子里已经容纳不下新观念了?
You mean fresh ideas have no place in your mind?
我的天! 我们已进入了一个新纪♥元♥
My God, we're into a new century,
可你还沉湎于过去 和你那该死的牧师一样
but you are stuck in the last,
just like your damned clergy.
诋毁教会对比利时没好处 保罗
Attacking the church won't help Belgium, Paul.
只会使民众反对你
It'll turn the people against you.
我没诋毁它!
I don't attack it!
我只想让它更开明些
I want it to open its eyes.
而作为我的妻子 一个政♥府♥部长的妻子
And as my wife, the wife of a government minister,
你就应该在这方面支持我
you should support me in that.
我嫁给你是为了爱情 保罗
I married you for love, Paul,
不是为了帮你升官
not to advance your political career.
玛丽安 回来!
Marianne, come back here!
玛丽安!
Marianne!
波罗 历经多年重返布鲁塞尔 你有何感受?
Well, Poirot, how does it feel being
back in Brussels again after so many years?
在我心里 总督察
In the eye of my mind, Chief Inspector,
我从未离开
I have never left.
可熟悉的地方肯定都变了
Place is bound to have changed, though.
那是自然
Naturellement.
可我们来此不是为了让波罗触景生情的
But we are not here for the memory lane of Poirot,
我的朋友 不是吗?
mon ami, non?
我们来是为了给阁下您颁发荣誉的
We come for the paying of the tributes to your good self.
您将成为“布兰切朵”的伙伴
To be made a Compagnon de la Branche d'Or,
这是我国的至高荣誉
it is the highest honor my country can bestow.
是啊 比利时太友善了
Very kind of Belgium, yes.
可这些年来我做的都是我的份内事
But all I've done over the years is my job.
别客气了 总督察
Not at all, Chief Inspector.
自从阿贝克隆比伪造案起
Time and again, ever since the Abercrombie forgery case,
你就屡次帮助过比利时警方
you have helped the Belgian police.
以及我的祖国 太感谢了
And my country, it is grateful.
可惜艾米丽没来
Pity Emily couldn't come.
但我仍然觉得她是正确的
Still, I think she was right.
布鲁塞尔离艾尔沃斯实在太远了
Brussels is a far cry from Isleworth.
她可便宜了我
Her loss is my gain.
能代表贾普太太深感荣幸
It is an honor to deputize for Madame Japp.
波罗
Poirot.
尚塔利
Chantalier.
啊
Ah.
我的天! 20年了 你还是老样子
Mon dieu, 20 years, and you look the same.
这公平吗 我的朋友 嗯?
Is this fair, mon ami, eh?
- 噢 - Oh.
- 噢 抱歉 - Oh, pardon.
你当然认识贾普总督查了
You know the Chief Inspector Japp, of course.
我们经常一起合作
We work together often.
祝贺你升职 长官
Congratulations on your new appointment, sir,
警局警司
Commissaire de Police.
他去了英国后 长官 你是怎么应付过去的?
However did you manage, sir, when he went off to England?
他不总是这么聪明的 总督察
He wasn't always so clever, Chief Inspector.
你还记得保罗·德鲁拉德吗?
You remember Paul Deroulard?
我记得在那件案子里犯错的不是我
I remember that it was not I
who made the mistakes in that case.
是其他所有的人
It was everyone else.
还是这么的谦虚
The old modesty lives on.
保罗·德鲁拉德是自然死亡 赫尔克里
Paul Deroulard died of natural causes, Hercule.
法♥院♥的判决摆在那儿
The verdict of the court is there for all time.
可那是错的
And it is wrong.
告诉我怎么回事 我可是个铁面无私的人
Tell you what. I'm a disinterested party.
让我来判断此事吧
Let me be the judge of this.
事情发生于战前不久 总督察
It was just before the war, Chief Inspector.
警方称他的死源于--
His death was reported to the police in the--
啊
Ah.
这就是第一个错误
That was the first mistake.
德鲁拉德这案子的起源时间比这还要早两年
The Deroulard case began two years earlier,
是从他妻子玛丽安滚下楼梯摔死起
when his wife Marianne fell
down the stairs to her death.
一场意外 波罗
An accident, Poirot.
比利时哲学家乔治斯·泰伯诺本人
The Belgian philosopher himself Georges Tabineau
曾对我说-- 他说 “波罗
once said to me-- he said, "Poirot,
世上不存在所谓的事故”
there is no such thing as an accident."
可我们还是先别说这个了
However, we shall let that pass.
在他死的当晚
On the night of his death,
保罗·德鲁拉德正在招待几个朋友
Paul Deroulard was entertaining some friends.
餐桌上坐有维吉妮·梅纳德
Seated around the table were Virginie Mesnard.
她身边 保罗的贵客
next to her, the distinguished friend of Paul,
德·圣·阿♥拉♥德伯爵
Ie Comte du St. Alard.
餐桌的首席
At the head of the table,
保罗的母亲 德鲁拉德夫人
the mother to Paul, Madame Deroulard,
还有在她边上的 她的密友兼顾问
and at her side, her confidant and advisor,
这个家族的老朋友 加斯顿·布吉
an old family friend, Gaston Beaujeu.
很不错的酒
It's a lovely wine.
维吉妮是保罗的亡妻玛丽安的堂妹
Virginie was cousin to Marianne, the dead wife of Paul.
那条新颁布的法律 保罗 具体说了些什么?
That new language law, Paul, what exactly does it say?
从现在起 军队里的所有命令
From now on, all commands in the army
都必须用佛兰芒语或法语下达
must be given in Flemish as well as French.
我只祈求你和你那些政♥府♥官员朋友
All I pray is that you and your friends in government
不会规定做弥撒时也要说佛兰芒语 保罗
have no plans for the mass
to be said in Flemish, Paul.
现在我明白了
Now I see it.
这条法律只是冰山一角
This law is just the tip of the iceberg.
你的亡妻总是说终有一天
Your late wife always said that one day
你会把你的魔爪伸向教会
you'd get your claws into the church.
荒谬
Absurd.
快坐下 圣·阿♥拉♥德 趁您还没出丑前
Now, sit down, St. Alard,
before you make a fool of yourself.
新闻界一直都知道你敌视天主教 保罗
The press knows you're
against the Catholic Church, Paul.
为了你好 我不许你再说了
For your own sake, I forbid you to say any more.
而且只要有半点机会
And given half the chance,
你就会献媚于德皇
you'd appease the Kaiser as well.
那么我猜我们大家都要说德语了
Then I suppose we'd all be speaking German.
再来一块巧克力 布吉先生?
Another chocolate, Monsieur Beaujeu?
晚餐过后 和事佬的角色一如既往地留给了加斯顿·布吉
After dinner, it was left to Gaston Beaujeu,
in his customary role as mediator,
由他来平息这场风波
to soothe the troubled waters.
谢谢
Thank you.
你和圣·阿♥拉♥德是多年的挚友了
You and St. Alard have been friends too long
没必要为政见不和而争论
to fall out over politics.
他太守旧了
He lives in the past.
一个分♥裂♥的比利时 加斯顿
A divided Belgium, Gaston,
北方人说佛兰芒语 南方人说瓦隆语
Flemings to the North, Walloons to the south,
那是我们的过去 不是我们的将来
that's our history, not our future.
可如果德国入侵
But if Germany attacks,
那政♥府♥会站在哪里?
where will he stand then?
在前线 我的朋友 别担心
In the front line, my friend, have no fear.
他独自就能将他们拿下
He would take them on single-handed.
到了午夜时分 客人散去
At around midnight, the guests departed.
太太回房♥去做她的晚祷告
Madame retired to her nightly devotions,
德鲁拉德一家都入睡了
and the Deroulard household slept.
除了保罗 一个失眠症患者
All except Paul, a slave to insomnia,
为了工作而回到了他的书房♥
who returned to his study in order to work.
保罗以朴素严谨著称
Paul had a reputation for
his austerity and discipline.
确实如此 可他有两个瑕疵:
He did, however, have two vices:
沉迷于权术
the pursuit of his career
和巧克力
and chocolates.
作为一个初级警务人员 我的职责
My duties as a junior police officer
剧集 | 大侦探波洛(1989) | 导航列表