***
哇!
okay, I was not ready, and that was not fair.
我没准备好!这不公平!
And-and what about you?
你自己呢?
What about me?
我怎么了?
You're afraid of everything.
你什么都怕
Like what?
例如?
Well, let's see.
数一下啊
Germs, change, commitment, opening your eyes under water,
细菌 变化 承诺 在水底睁眼
angry husbands, angry ex-girlfriends, large birds, spiders and mom.
愤怒的丈夫 发彪的前女友 大鸟 蜘蛛 还有妈妈
Hold on.
等等
Hold on a sec.
等会
I am not afraid to open my eyes under water.
我不怕在水下睁眼
I'm just sensitive to chlorine.
我只是对氯敏感
Right.
可不是
And for the record, it's just when birds get indoors.
还有 我只怕屋里的鸟
In the sky, I got no problem.
我不怕天上的
Fine, fine.Live in denial.
很好 你就不承认吧
I'm gonna try and straighten my kid out.
我要去跟我的小孩讲明事理了
And what sane person is not afraid of spiders?
还有 哪个正常人不怕蜘蛛啊?
what I'm trying to say is that it was wrong to fill your head
是我的错 跟你说了一大堆
with a lot of horrible things to avoid at school.
如何在学校里躲过可怕的事情
'Cause the truth is, you can't avoid any of them.
实际上 那是根本逃不掉的
Charlie...
查理...
you don't want him living his life in fear, right?
你不想他一辈子担惊受怕吧?
Well, yeah, but...
是的 但是...
well, scary things happen in life.
生活中总会有吓人的事情发生
And he can either hide from them like you...
他可以向你一样逃避...
like us. Don't nitpick.
像我们一样 别碎碎念了
Or you can stand up to them.
或者你可以勇敢的面对它们
I mean, look, getting hit in the fe achurts, but you know what hurts more?
被人一拳打在脸上可能会痛 但你知道什么更痛?
A kick in the crotch?
一脚踢在弟弟上?
Well, yeah, sure.
嗯 当然了
I took a soccer ball to the nads once.
我那被橄榄球击中过
Thought my eyes were gonna pop out.
疼得眼珠都快掉出来了
Yeah, but that pain passes.
对 但那种疼痛会过去
What hurts more and lasts longer than anything is the humiliation of running away.
而逃避带来的耻辱会一直延续下去
Couldn't ride my bike for a week.
一周都不能骑自行车
Jake, jake, I think you're missing the point.
杰克 我觉得你没明白我们的意思
Makes you wonder what they're doing hanging down there in the first place.
我甚至怀疑长那话儿干啥
Now, what I think uncle charlie is trying to say is that,
我觉得 查理叔叔想说的是
yeah, you might get hit,
没错 你可能被打
you might get stuffed in a locker, but you know what?
你可能被锁在储物柜里 但是 你知道吗
You'll survive.
你总能挺过来
You may get bruised, you may bleed, you may lose a few teeth, but...
可能会有淤伤 可能会流血 可能会少几颗牙 但是...
you'll have your self-respect.
你会获得自尊
Exactly.
没错
How do you stop being afraid?
你们怎么克服害怕?
Well, I drink.
我喝酒
But I didn't start till ninth grade.
但我直到九年级才开始喝
yeah, judith, he was at charlie's the whole time.
是的 朱迪丝 他一直在查理那里
Well, he said he was too scared to go to school.
哦 他说他害怕 不敢去上学
How should I know why he's so scared?
我怎么知道他为什么这么害怕
Maybe you're overprotective.
可能是你保护过度了
Good one.
说得好
I-I know you mean well.
我知道你是好意
All right, we'll be there in a few minutes.
好的 我们一会儿就到
Okay.Bye-bye.
好 再见
Did you hear that?
听见了吗?
Yeah, it's mom's fault.
是的 是妈妈的错
Attaboy.
好孩子
Come on.It's green.Let's go.
快点儿 绿灯了 走啊
what's the matter with this guy?
这个人怎么回事儿?
looks like he's coming to tell you.
看起来他要过来告诉你
Lock your doors!Lock your doors!
锁门 锁门
Wait, wait, no, no, wait.
等等 不 等一下
I am tired of running and hiding.Are you tired of running and hiding?
我受够了逃跑和躲藏 你受够了逃跑和躲藏了吗?
Yes, I am.
是的
Remember, jake, courage is not the absence of fear.
记住 杰克 勇气 不代表不害怕
It's taking action despite fear.
而是 尽管害怕 还是要采取行动
That's very true.
说的没错
Let's do this.
我们行动吧
Right behind you.
紧随你后边
Two against one wouldn't be fair.
两个打一个 不太公平
now, that's courage.
现在 这才叫勇气
Aren't you proud of him?
你不为他感到骄傲吗?
you got your cell phone?
你带手♥机♥了吗?
It's only for emergencies.
那是紧急状况下才用的
help me.
救救我
I think this qualifies.
我觉得目前符合情况
charlie, charlie, charlie charlie, charlie!
查理 查理 查理 查理 查理
hello?
喂?
help me, charlie!
救救我 查理!
you are a bad brother.
你是个坏兄弟
I really thought you had him.
我真的以为你能打败他
Okay, mr.Harper, try not to sneeze.You'll blow those st rchesitight out.
好了 哈珀先生 尽量不要打喷嚏 会爆线的
Thank you, doctor.
谢谢你 医生
Hey, doc?
嗨 医生
While I got you here, let me show you something.
既然我已经来这儿了 我给你看点儿东西
Oh my goodness, your little jimmy is all crimson.
哦 我的天 你的小♥弟♥弟♥全都红了
Yeah.What do you think?
是的 你觉得是怎么回事儿?
Well, it, uh, looks like an allergic reaction.
哦 看起来像是过敏反应
Have you been applying anything to your genital region?
你给你的生殖器涂过什么东西吗?
Just the usual-- waitresses and actresses.
就是普通的 女服务生们和女演员们
Oh wait, wait.Does grecian formula count?
哦 等等 希腊配方(染发剂)算吗?
Grecian formula?
希腊配方?
You tried to get the gray out of your pubic hair?
你打算把你阴毛的灰色盖住?
Well, I wanted to leave a little silver around the sides.
哦 我本想在周围留一点点银色的
You know, look distinguished.
你知道 看起来比较特别
Distinguished?That's interesting.
特别 有意思
We have a saying in my country.
我们国家有一种说法
"You can put a tuxedo on a goat, but it is still a goat.
你可以给山羊穿上晚礼服 可它仍旧是山羊
" Yeah, well, we have a saying in my country, too.
没错 我们国家也有一种说法
"Help me, my balls are on fire.
帮帮我 我的蛋蛋都快着火了
" Okay, I'll get you some salve.
好吧 我给你拿点儿药膏
How about that?
怎么样?
Allergic reaction, nothing to be scared of.
过敏反应 没什么好害怕的
All's well that ends well, right?
皆大欢喜 是吧?
What'd they give you for the pain?
他们给你什么止痛药了?
Ah, you lucky bastard.
啊 你可幸运
Wish my balls hurt more.
真希望我的蛋蛋更疼点儿
剧集 | 好汉两个半(2003) | 导航列表