剧集 | 两世奇人(2017) | 导航列表
我们失去了一切 别忘了
We lost everything. Don't forget that.
现在该我们毁掉他们了
It's our turn now.
我妈妈在我出生前搬回了斯托克波特
My mother moved back to Stockport right before I was born.
你在医院跟她一起工作吗
Did you work with her at the hospital?
我当时是实习医生 宝琳对我很好
I was doing my residency then, and Pauline was kind to me.
她对你评价很高
She spoke so highly of you.
我刚在医院图表上看到了你的名字
I was at the hospital earlier and saw your name on a chart.
想着来找你
Thought I'd look you up.
很遗憾她过世了
I'm so sorry to hear of her passing.
至少她不用经历这战争
At least she was spared the sight of this war.
她喜欢巴黎
She loved Paris.
她要是看到巴黎这样子会伤心欲绝的
It would have destroyed her to see it this way.
是的
Yes.
这就是她和你父亲相遇的地方
And this is where she met your father.
她提到了我父亲
She spoke about my father?
一点点
A bit, yes.
那你应该知道他毫不犹豫就抛弃了她
So you know he abandoned her without a second thought.
她离开巴黎
She gave up on Paris
好让我外公外婆帮她抚养我
so my grandparents could help her raise me.
现在我在这 在战争中保卫它
Now here I am, defending it in war.
死亡人数难以估计
Yes, the number of men killed is...unfathomable.
过去几个月尤其血腥
The past several months have been...particularly bloody.
但是内心仍能找到办法挺过去
But still, the mind finds ways through it.
杀人的感觉很怪 是吗
It's a strange thing to take a life, isn't it?
我的使命是救人性命而不是夺人性命
My calling is to save lives, not take them.
是 但我想界线通常是模糊的
Yes, but I imagine the lines are often blurred.
我向你保证不是这样的
I can assure you they're not.
真令人佩服
Well, it's impressive
在黑暗中前行却不被其吞噬
to experience darkness and not be consumed by it.
我们没有太多选择 对吗
Well, we don't have much choice, do we?
我们要么拒绝黑暗 要么让其摧毁我们
We either reject the darkness or we let it destroy us.
再喝一轮
Another round?
好啊
Please.
-再来两杯 -三杯
- Two more, please. - Make it three.
你说怎么样
What do you say?
就知道你迟早会现身
I thought you'd show your face sooner or later.
巴黎处于战火之中
So, Paris at war.
触目惊心是吧
Quite a sight, eh?
这是令人难以置信的悲剧
It's an inconceivable tragedy.
别这么严肃
Oh, lighten up.
巴黎幸存了下来
Paris survives.
世界继续前行 我们都看到了
The world marches on. We saw it ourselves.
我们还看到了留下的伤疤
And we saw the scars that were left behind.
这些冲突不断发生
These conflicts happen again and again.
每次杀戮都变得更加容易
Each time, the killing easier than before.
你真夸张
You're so dramatic.
战争永远不会被真正阻止
War can never be truly stopped.
一旦你释放出这种大小的猛兽
Once you unleash a beast of this magnitude,
就别想收回去
there's no way to call it off.
或许有一天 我们应该消灭对方
Perhaps one day, we shall annihilate each other.
然后称之为"天下大战"
We'll call it "The War of the Worlds."
所以做父亲并没
I see fatherhood hasn't granted you
让你更仁慈
a more benevolent view of humanity.
亨利啊
Yes, Henry.
我不喜欢他的名字 不过他是个好人
I don't approve of the name, but a decent lad, nonetheless.
谁能想到
Who'd have thought?
结论是显然的
The conclusion is obvious.
别去救他
Leave him alone.
让他维持现状
Let him stay that way.
我这是在做好人
I'm doing a heroic thing here.
他的死很悲剧
His death is tragic,
但事实如此 你不能改变历史
but the fact remains you can't change history.
这是准则
Is that a guideline,
还是世界会在我们眼前崩塌
or will the world fall apart in front of our eyes?
很有可能
Quite possibly.
那我就该让我儿子死吗
So I'm supposed to let my son die?
是这样吗
Is that it?
很不幸是的
Unfortunately, yes.
因为历史是这么记载的
Because that is how history records it.
难道乌托邦哲学
Doesn't the Utopian philosophy
不要求我们用自己的学问救他一命吗
require us to use our knowledge to save his life?
这不是我们的选择
It's not our choice.
拯救亨利可能会让无数人付出生命
Saving Henry could cost countless others.
听上去像是大冒险
Sounds like a grand adventure to me.
所以你才要去救他吗
Is that why you're doing this?
为了刺♥激♥
Thrills?
你在乎亨利吗
Do you even care about Henry at all?
或许这就是我想弄明白的东西
Maybe that's what I'm trying to discover.
你真难懂 约翰 这点我得承认
You're a complicated man, John. I'll grant you that.
我很同情你儿子的遭遇 但你不能干涉
And I am sorry about your son, but you can't interfere.
再来一杯吗
Another drink?
你好
Hey, there.
你感觉如何
How are you feeling?
已经包扎好 可以战斗了 谢谢
All bandaged up and cleared for combat. Thanks.
你有看到瓦妮莎吗
Have you seen Vanessa?
她去约谈一个
Uh, she went to go speak with some guy
曾为他父亲公工作的人
who used to work for her father.
关于乌托邦计划吗
About Project Utopia?
如果你想找她可以打她手♥机♥
She's on her cell if you need her.
不用 不急
No, I-it can wait.
这都是些什么
What's all this?
战争期间巴黎有很多
There were photographers and journalists
摄影师和记者
all over Paris during the war,
这些是从国家博物馆的存档里拿到的
and these are from an archive at the national museum.
不可思议 你怎么拿到手的
Incredible. How do you have access to this stuff?
我的工作
My job gives me access.
你是做什么的
What is it you do?
我是太空博物馆的馆长助理
I'm an assistant curator at the Space Museum,
或者说在我被解雇之前仍然是
Or I am until I get fired,
如果我一直请病假的话应该要不了多久了
which could be any day now if I keep calling in sick.
你在找什么
So, um, what are you looking for?
我让他们给我所有3月30号♥的照片
I requested all the images for March 30th
心想我也许能找到点
thinking maybe I could give us some information
能在1918年帮到我们的信息
that would help us in 1918,
但这一切都没了意义
but all that is pointless,
我在这而没在巴黎
given that I'm here and not in Paris.
是啊
Yeah.
一战是一段危险时期
Um, World War I was a dangerous time.
我也不会把一个我关心的女人置于那样的危险之中
I wouldn't put a woman I cared about in danger like that.
我是唯一一个生活在21世纪的人吗
Am I the only one here that's living in the 21st century?
没人想把所爱之人置于危险
No one wants to put someone they love in danger.
我可不觉得HG爱我
I wouldn't say H.G. loves me.
我看到你们两个在一起
Well, I've seen you two together.
如果不是爱 那也快了
If it's not love, it's certainly getting there.
但我确实同情你
Uh, but I do feel for you.
他坐时光机回来后
Gonna be tough when he finally
一定不会好过
takes his time machine and heads home.
是的
Yeah.
我想是的
I guess it will be.
是时候了
It's time.
我不想你走
I don't want you to go.
我必须走
I must.
不过我很快就会回来
But I'll be back soon.
你保证吗
Do you promise?
好家伙
Yeah, good lad!
你不可能说服亨利抛下他的战友的
You'll never convince Henry to desert his comrades.
那我就只能采取其他措施阻止他了
Then I'll have to use other means to stop him.
抱歉打扰 先生们
Sorry to interrupt, gentlemen,
恐怕我得离开了
but I'm afraid I must take my leave.
等这一切结束 我就去斯托克波特找你
When this is all over, I'll look you up in Stockport.
剧集 | 两世奇人(2017) | 导航列表