剧集 | 军法 | 导航列表
Objection. Did what?
所以他才开枪打卡迪尔·法伊兹
That's why he shot Kadir Fa'iz.
德威特先生 我看到的文件
Mr. DeWitt, the documents I saw--
全都不是正确字体 而且
none of which were submitted in the correct font, by the way--
上面写着证人对于案件中的事故
described witnesses who couldn't remember anything
什么都不记得
about the incident in question.
是的 法官大人
Yes, Your Honor.
再三考虑后 莫拉莱斯先生想到了一些细节
On reflection, some details became clear to Mr. Morales.
这些细节
Details that just happen to plant
正好可以让陪审团认为是安乐死
the concept of a mercy killing in the panel's mind?
征服的核心证人
The government's central witness was obviously
显然比德威特先生想象中的更令人信服
more compelling than Mr. DeWitt expected him to be,
他现在想利用不诚实这一点
so now he's trying this bad-faith pivot.
莫拉突然找回了记忆
Mr. Morales had a sudden rush of memory.
这是有可能的 法官大人
It happens. Your Honor,
自♥由♥世界中是没有哪个法庭
there's no court in the free world that considers mercy
会将安乐死看做是自卫的
a defense for murder.
没错 亚伯拉罕上尉
Correct, Captain Abraham, and I plan
我也会跟陪审团说这件事
to instruct the panel to that effect.
恕我直言 法官大人
Due respect, Your Honor,
但是你说可能也没用
but your instructions may not matter.
辩方显然是预料到你会这样
The defense clearly anticipated
他们也明显预料到
your reaction, just as they clearly anticipated
事件发生15年了
that a panel of Marines are going to be reluctant
海军法庭陪审团
to convict an officer for a so-called mercy killing
不愿意因为安乐死给军官定罪
15 years after the fact.
这是典型的陪审团弃权
That is textbook panel nullification.
你指示他们忽略那个证据
They bring in a verdict of "not guilty"
他们断定 被告无罪
based on evidence they were instructed to ignore,
然后辩方这个行为
and the defense's pursuit of this
将需要引入新的陪审团来审案
calls for a new slate of members to hear this proceeding.
- 太可笑了 - 安静
- Oh, that's ridiculous. - Quiet!
所有人
All of you.
我们不打算召集新的陪审团
We're not gathering a new panel.
你可以询问你的客户
Would you ask your client if he will agree to a waiver
是否同意放弃时效期间诉讼
to the statute of limitations?
诉讼时效 过失杀人诉讼吗
The statute of limitations on what? Manslaughter?
我们这是为陪审团判决轻罪
You're laying the path for the panel to convict
打基础
on a lesser included offense.
如果你担心陪审团
If you're concerned the panel won't convict
不给琼斯议员定罪谋杀
Congressman Jones of murder,
不如让他们试试判定过失杀人
why not give them the option to convict of manslaughter?
因为鲍比·琼斯杀人了
Because Bobby Jones murdered someone.
如果在这个阶段
And if you present the panel
你让陪审团判轻罪
with a lesser option at this stage,
那基本上是求他们了
that's practically begging them to take it.
要是不这样 你碰碰运气
It's either that or you take your chances
看陪审团会不会弃权
with a panel nullification.
德威特先生
Mr. DeWitt?
我足以肯定 在这种情况下
I feel certain that, under the circumstances,
我的客人愿意齐全
my client will grant a waiver.
马特
Matt.
我不想弄得太尴尬 但我有点担心了
I don't want to get weird, but I'm starting to get worried.
- 你没事吧 马特 - 我没事 玛雅
You okay? Matt? I'm fine, Maya.
淡定 我下次还是住酒店吧
Sheesh. Maybe I should get a hotel room next time.
不要 我只是看看你
Of course not, I'm just checking on you.
开玩笑的 反正我也住不起酒店
I'm kidding. I can't afford a hotel room anyway.
爱迪生要回到温斯顿-塞勒姆
Oh, Addison had to go back to Winston-Salem.
- 她让我跟你说谢谢 - 马特
- She said to say thanks. - Matt.
你的嘴
Your mouth.
该死
Damn it.
- 你做什么了 - 没什么 只是
- What did you do? - Nothing, it's just...
马特 你在里面做什么
Matt, what were you doing in there?
我补牙的填料 是金属的 干扰信♥号♥♥
My filling, it's metal. It's just, you know, signals.
你把填料弄掉了吗
You pried your filling out?
我没办法把它弄松 我
I couldn't get it loose. I...
对不起
I'm sorry.
天啊 马蒂
Oh, my God, Matty.
来
Here.
她说牙齿不会有事的
She said the tooth's gonna be fine.
我几乎都没弄到填充物
I barely got at the filling.
我没吃药
I quit my pills to get ready
就为了辩论做准备 我也不知道
for the debate. I'm... I don't know,
不吃药的时候清醒一些
I'm just sharper when I don't take them.
你吃药也没事
No, you were doing fine with them.
看看你现在
Look where you are.
我知道
I know.
只是
It's just...
那种感觉 就像是透过纱窗看世界
It's like looking at the world through... gauze.
有时候我想看清楚一点
You just want to see things clearly now and then.
他们还不知道精选的事情
They don't know at the campaign.
你要告诉爱迪生吗
You gonna tell Addison?
我会怎么样
What's gonna happen to me?
- 陪审团没做决定吗 - 还在商议
- Nothing from the panel yet? - Uh, still deliberating.
如果他们决定明天判决
You know, if they go into tomorrow morning,
我可能需要你替我去法庭
I might need you to cover for me in court.
我和诺娜要去布里斯诊所做咨♥询♥
Nona and I have a consult at the Bristow clinic.
生育诊所吗
The, uh, fertility place?
你们决定好啦
You're pulling the trigger?
我们攒的钱刚好够一个疗程的 勉强
Yeah, we have enough saved up for one cycle. Barely.
厉害了 我多余的钱
I'm impressed. All my extra cash is,
都放在退休的里头了
uh, tied up in retirement stuff.
我有一个
Yeah, I have a, uh...
以备不时之需的金库
I don't know... rainy day fund.
我本来想用它为请假做准备
I was planning to request leave.
请假 你这样喜欢工作的人 竟然
Request leave? A court rat like you?
我很喜欢这里
I love it here.
但是我终于想要写自传了
I just... finally wanted to write that biography.
巴斯·里弗斯 哇
Wow, um... Bass Reeves.
这人是谁来着
Who is that guy again?
西密西西比首位美国黑人法警
First black U.S. marshal west of the Mississippi.
没错 抓住的重罪犯超过3000
That's right. Caught over 3,000 felons.
有些人认为他是独行侠的灵感
Some people think he was the inspiration for the Lone Ranger.
感觉如果我不快点写
Feels like if I don't get started on it soon,
可能就只能是白日梦一场
it stays a pipe dream forever.
故事很好 我愿意读
It's a great story. I'd read it.
你就这样放弃了
You okay?
可以吗
Giving it up?
我一直相当爸爸
I want to be a dad.
陪审团有裁决了
The panel's got a verdict.
法庭认为
This court finds
琼斯议员 在谋杀案上
Congressman Jones, on the charge of murder,
无罪
not guilty.
但是过失杀人方面
On the charge of involuntary manslaughter...
有罪
guilty.
休会 明天继续
We are adjourned until tomorrow.
我觉得这样可以了
We should take the win is all I'm saying.
可以 琼斯可能会被处以最低豁免
Win. Jones will probably get a de minimus sentence.
可能都不需要坐牢
He might not even do any time.
他短期内不会竞选总统
He won't be running for president any time soon,
我们刚刚利用一个死人
and we just convicted a sitting congressman
和一个整天带名牌的人的证词
using the testimony of a dead man
给一个现任议员定了罪
and a guy who wears a name tag all day.
这样已经很棒了
Take the win.
那就这样吧
Then so be it.
我们刚刚给现任议员定罪
We got the best outcome considering
这已经是最好结果了
we just took down a sitting U.S. congress...
刚才是里格尔上校打来的问候电♥话♥
That was a courtesy call from Colonel Riggle.
他要调用职权撤销这个决定
He is invoking his authority to set aside the decision.
什么 他要违背定罪吗
What? He's overturning the verdict?
审判长不会这么做
剧集 | 军法 | 导航列表