as my working-class fellows and I
和工人阶级同志们一起
sit perched precariously on a girder high above the metropolis.
坐在城市高空的钢筋横梁上 一边趴盒饭一边摇摇欲坠
No, no. This is putting up sheetrock
不 是给罗斯密市的一间住♥宅♥
at a housing project in Rosemead.
安装石膏板
I could do that.
行啊
- Good. - One question.
-很好 -就一个问题
- Yes? - What's sheetrock?
-说 -什么是石膏板
Moving on.
过
How about doing deliveries for a florist?
花店快递怎么样
That seems acceptable.
听起来还不错
- Do you have your own car? - I don't drive.
-你有车吗 -我不开车
Of course you don't.
我想也是
Mr. Cooper, let me just ask you a question.
库珀先生 我就问你一个问题
What was your last job?
你上份工作是啥
Senior theoretical particle physicist at CalTech,
加州理工学院的高级理论粒子物理学家
focusing on M theory, or, in layman's terms, string theory.
主要致力于M理论研究 外行人说法是弦理论
I see.
懂了
Just give me a second.
等我一下
Security!
保安 (这有疯子)
Okay, I'll get those drinks started for you.
好的 我先把饮料送上来
Behind you.
小心身后
Sheldon, what the hell are you doing?
谢尔顿 你这是在干嘛
I'm trying to get these tables cleared. We're slammed.
我正要去清理桌子 差点撞上你
No, wait, wait, no, wait.
等等 等等
Wh-What are you doing here?
你在这干嘛呢
A reasonable question.
这问题还算合理
I asked myself,
我问我自己
what is the most mind-numbing, pedeststrian job conceivable,
我能想到最讨厌最沉闷的工作是什么
and three answers came to mind:
有三个答案浮现在脑中
uh, toll booth attendant, Apple Store genius...
收费站工作人员 在苹果专卖♥♥店工作的天才
...and what Penny does.
还有佩妮的工作
Now...
现在
since I don't like touching other people's coins,
既然我不喜欢碰别人手里的硬币
and I refuse to contribute to the devaluation of the word "Genius,"
也不想帮着抹黑"天才"这个词
here I am.
所以我来了
You just, you just walked in and they hired you, just like that?
你就这么走进来 就被录用了 就这么简单
Oh, heavens, no.
当然不是
Since I don't need to be paid, I didn't need to be hired.
既然我不领薪水 也就不需被录用
I simply came in, picked up a tray, and started "Working for the man."
我就直接走进来 拿起个托盘 然后开始"为人♥民♥服务"
Let me get that plate out of your way.
请允许我把这个盘子收走
- Sheldon,this is ridiculous. - Is it?
-谢尔顿 这太荒谬了 -是吗
Just a moment ago, I had a minor epiphany
就在刚刚 在刮掉盘子里凝结的玉米脆饼时
regarding the polymer degradation phenomenon
我突然间就顿悟了
while scraping congealed nachos off a plate.
聚合物降解现象
Bernadette, table 10 wants their check.
伯纳黛特 10号♥桌买♥♥单
Thanks, Sheldon.
谢谢 谢尔顿
Sheldon,wait, this isn't even what I do.
谢尔顿 等等 再说这也不是我的工作
I'm a waitress, not a busboy.
我是服务生 不是勤杂工
You're right. That is more menial.
你说得对 你的工作更低贱
Hello, I'm Sheldon. I'll be your server today.
两位好 我是谢尔顿 负责这桌的服务生
I don't recommend the salmon.
不推荐点三文鱼
I saw it in the kitchen.
我看到它们在厨房♥的样子
All right, one bacon cheeseburger,
好了 一份培根芝士汉堡
breaking two Jewish dietary restrictions simultaneously--
同时违背两条犹太饮食禁忌
kudos.
光荣啊
Beer-battered fish and chips.
炸鱼加薯条
Now, here's your tartar sauce.
这里你的鞑靼酱
I also brought you salsa.
我还帮你拿了莎莎酱
It's a little unconventional, but I think you'll like it.
虽然有点不合常规 不过我想你会喜欢的
It's zingy.
味道很赞
And for you, Factory Burrito Grande--
还有你的 招牌大玉米煎饼
no cheese, no sour cream,
不含芝士和酸奶油
no ugly consequences from your lactose intolerance.
不会因你的乳糖不耐症产生不良后果
Bon appetit.
祝各位好胃口
Hang on.
等等
- Black beans, not pinto beans? - Yes.
-这是黑豆 不是斑豆吧 -对
- Double guacamole? - Of course.
-加双份鳄梨酱 -当然
- No cilantro? - Nope.
-没加香菜 -没
- Lettuce shredded, not chopped? - Yep.
-生菜是切碎的 而不是剁碎的 -对
You understand why I'm doing this to you?
知道我为什么这么问你吗
- I do. - That'll be all.
-知道 -那就这样吧
That was fun.
这太好玩了
How long can he keep this up?
他还能在这坚持多久
I heard about this professor at MIT
听说麻省理工有位教授
who melted down, bought a van,
变卖♥♥了财产 买♥♥了辆货车
and spent the rest of his life as a mobile dog groomer.
余生就做了名流动的狗狗美容师
He never went back to the university?
就此再也没回过大学了吗
Only to shampoo Professor Shamburg's shitzu
除了在给项伯格教授的西施犬洗澡的时候
Sheesh.
晕
I bet if we all chipped in, we could buy Sheldon a van.
我敢说要是我们一起集资 也能给谢尔顿买♥♥辆小货车
But he's afraid of dogs.
但他怕狗
Yeah, that's the only thing wrong with that plan.
是啊 这计划唯一的缺陷就是这个
Hey, guys, sorry you had to wait, but we are swamped.
各位 抱歉久等了 今天太忙了
What's this?
这是什么
Sheldon took our order.
谢尔顿帮我们点的单
Sheldon doesn't work here.
谢尔顿又不在这工作
Well, honey, not to complain,
亲爱的 我可不是抱怨哈
but we were starting to think you didn't either.
但我们开始觉得你也不在这工作了
Is that really necessary?
你们有必要这样对我吗
Good Lord.
天哪
The interference pattern in the fracture.
整个一断面的干涉图样
The motion of the wave through the molecular structure.
通过分子结构的波状运动
I've been looking at it all wrong.
我之前一直想错了
I can't consider the electrons as particles.
不该把电子看成是粒子
They move through the graphene as a wave.
他们是波状地通过石墨烯的
It's a wave!
它是波
The moment to applaud would be now.
赶紧滴都给我喝彩啊
Troglodytes.
山顶洞人
Sheldon... where are you going?
谢尔顿 你要去哪
Aren't you going to clean this up?
不把这清理干净吗
I'm sorry. I don't work here.
抱歉 我又不在这工作
- Happy now? - I'm on a cloud.
-这下你开心了 -我都飘飘然了
Swing me.
一起摇摆吧
Sheldon, come here.
谢尔顿 快过来
Bazinga.
我闪
Bazinga.
我再闪
Bazinga.
我瞬移
Bazinga.
抓不到
Bazinga!
就是抓不到
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表