Anyway, that movie was like 20 years ago.
那部电影都差不多20年了
Imagine how saggy those thing would be.
想想那些咪♥咪♥该下垂成什么样了
Howard, you're going to throw away a great girl like Bernadette
霍华德 你想守着你的荒诞幻想不放
because you're holding out for some ridiculous fantasy?
而放过像伯纳黛特这么好的女生吗
Hey, just because you settled doesn't mean I have to.
你的感情定下来了不代表我也要这样吧
Excuse me, I'm sitting here.
喂 我在这坐着呢
Hey, I did not settle for Leonard.
我又没有和莱纳德定下来
I mean, obviously, he isn't the kind of guy I usually go out with...
他显然不像我通常约会的类型
you know, physically.
体格上不像
Again, I'm right here.
再说一次 我在呢
My point is, I do not judge a book by its cover.
我的意思是 我不会以封面断定书的好坏
I am interested in the person underneath.
我更在意人的内心
I am here, right? You see me.
我在这吧 你看得见我
Hey, I'm interested in what's inside people, too,
我也在意人的内心啊
but why is it wrong to want those insides wrapped up in,
但是希望内心外面包装点像
say, the delicious caramel that is Halle Berry?
哈莉·贝瑞(肤色黑)的巧克力不对吗
Yes, you're delicious caramel, too.
对 你也是巧克力装
All right, you know what, I will tell you
行 我告诉为什么不对
why it's wrong... Excuse me, may I interject?
抱歉 我能插下话吗
What?
干嘛
Biologically speaking,
从生物学角度上说
Howard is perfectly justified in seeking out the optimum mate
霍华德想找最佳伴侣繁殖后代
for the propagation of his genetic line.
完全合情合理
- Thank you, Sheldon. - Now, whether that
-谢谢 谢尔顿 -不过
propagation is in the interest of humanity is, of course,
但这种繁殖如果站在人类进化的角度来看
an entirely different question.
又是完全不同的问题
This is Ira Flatow and you're listening
我是艾拉·弗莱托
to NPR's Science Friday.
您正在收听的是公共广播电台的周五科学
Joining us today by phone
今晚跟我们电♥话♥连线的是
from his office in Pasadena, California
在加州帕萨迪纳办公室里的
is Dr. Sheldon Cooper.
谢尔顿·库珀博士
Oh, this is going to be a riot.
这个肯定很好玩
Thanks for being with us today, Dr. Cooper.
欢迎参加我们的节目 库珀博士
My pleasure, Ira.
我很荣幸 艾拉
Now, let's talk about magnetic monopoles.
我们讨论一下磁单极子吧
Can you explain to our audience just what a monopole is?
你能给听众解释一下什么是磁单极子吗
Of course.
当然可以
First, consider an ordinary magnet which has,
首先 一块普通的磁铁
as even the most uneducated
即使教育程度再低的听众
in your audience must know, two poles.
都应该知道 有两个磁极
A north and south pole.
南极和北极
If you cut that in half, you have two smaller magnets,
把磁铁切成两半 则变成较小的两块磁铁
each with its own north and south pole.
每块都有南北两极
Uh, Dr. Cooper, I think there might be
库珀博士 我们的连线
something wrong with our connection.
可能出了点问题
No, I hear you fine.
不 我听得很清楚
As I was saying, an ordinary magnet has two poles.
正如我刚刚说的 普通磁铁有两个磁极
The primary characteristic of a monopole
磁单极子的主要特征是
is that it has only one pole, hence, monopole.
它只有一个磁极 因此称为磁单极子
A requirement for string theory,
弦理论 或者说M理论
or M-theory, if you will,
的一个必要条件
is the existence of such monopoles.
是存在磁单极子
I, myself, led an expedition
我本人曾带领一个考察队
to the Arctic Circle in search of said particles.
前往北极圈探寻这种粒子
Kripke, I found the nozzle! I'm going to kill you!
克瑞普克 我看到喷嘴了 你死定了
So nice you could join me this evening.
真高兴你今晚能和我共浴
You're looking lovely as always.
你跟往常一样漂亮
Thanks, Howard.
过奖 霍华德
Always nice to be part of your masturbatory fantasies.
一向乐意加入你的手♥淫♥幻想
Come on, Katee.
别这样嘛 凯蒂
Don't make it sound so cheap.
何必说得这么低俗呢
I'm sorry, fiddling with yourself in the bathtub
抱歉 在浴缸里自欺欺人
is a real class act.
确实是出类拔萃的行为
Thank you.
谢谢
So, shall we get started?
我们可以开始了吗
Sure.
当然
But can I ask you a question first?
但我能先问你个问题吗
Do you want to play Cylon and colonist?
你想扮演赛昂人和殖民者吗
No.
不
I want to know why you're playing make-believe with me
我很奇怪 你明明可以和真人约会
when you could be out with a real woman tonight.
却在这里和我玩性幻想游戏
You mean, Bernadette?
你是指伯纳黛特吗
No, I mean Princess Leia.
不 我是指莱娅公主(星战人物 路克·天行者的双胞胎妹妹)
Of course I mean Bernadette.
我当然指的是伯纳黛特
She's a wonderful girl and she really likes you.
她是个很好的女孩儿 真的喜欢你
I know, but she's not you.
我知道 但她不是你
I'm not me.
我又不是真实的
The real me is in Beverly Hills
真正的我现正在比弗利山庄
Going out with a tall, handsome, rich guy.
和某个英俊高大的有钱人约会呢
Really? Tall?
真的吗 很高大吗
- Six-four. - Ouch.
-一米九三呢 -哇哦
The point is, you've got a wonderful girl in your life,
问题在于 你遇到了一个好女孩
And you're ignoring her in order to spend your nights
但却宁愿整晚在浴缸里对着虚拟影像
in the bathtub with a mental image and a wash cloth.
和浴巾性幻想 也不去理她
Howard!
霍华德
What are you doing in there?
你到底在里面干嘛
I'm taking a bath!
我在洗澡
I hope that's all you're doing!
你可别做啥其他猥琐的事
We share that tub!
那浴缸我也要用
Don't remind me!
别提醒我
Oh, man.
老天
All soaped up and no place to go.
都是泡泡 没有我子孙的容身之地了
How ya doin', buddy?
哥们儿 你还好吧
I was humiliated on national radio.
我在国家电台上被当众羞辱
How do you think I'm doing?
能好受才怪
Come on, it wasn't that bad.
拜托 没这么夸张吧
What do you want?
你们来干嘛
(munchkin voice): We represent the Lollipop Guild,
(绿野仙踪中的麦琪肯人欢迎多萝西)
and we want you.
我们是棒棒糖团队 欢迎你的到来
Okay, so Kripke played a joke on you.
好啊 克瑞普克捉弄了你一下
It wasn't funny.
不好笑
- I thought it was funny. - Raj.
-我觉得很好笑 -拉杰
You laughed.
你也笑了啊
Did you laugh?
你笑了吗
I fell on the floor.
我笑得滚到地板上了
All right, he got you.
好吧 这次是他赢了
You can get him back.
你可以以牙还牙嘛
I refuse to sink to his level.
我才不要堕落到他那种水准
You can't sink. With all that helium in you,
你落不了 体内充满了氦气
you're lucky you don't float away.
遇水不飘走就算你走运啦
Are you really admitting defeat?
你当真认栽了吗
I never admit defeat.
我从不认栽
Good.
很好
However, on an unrelated topic,
但是 从另一个方面讲
I am never getting out of this bed again.
我再也抬不起头做人了
What if you could make Kripke
那何不这样 你设法捉弄克瑞普克
look even sillier than he made you look?
让他看起来比你更蠢
I don't think that's possible, dude.
我觉得这不可能 老兄
You're not helping.
你尽说些丧气话
I didn't come to help, I came to mock.
我本就不是来说好话 我是来吐糟的
Sheldon, what you need to do is figure out a way
谢尔顿 你现在得好好想想
to exact vengeance on Kripke, like, uh,
到底怎么报复克瑞普克
like, how the Joker got back at Batman for putting him
好比蝙蝠侠把疯子罪犯小丑扔进了
in the Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane.
亚克汗疯人院 事后他不是越狱了吗
That's true. He didn't just stay there and talk about
是啊 他不光是待在里面对其他
His feelings with the other psychotic villains.
精神病恶棍大吐苦水
He, he broke out and poisoned Gotham's water supply.
还越狱了 还对哥谭市的供水系统投毒
Well...
好吧
- I suppose I could poison Kripke. - No!
-那我该给克瑞普克下毒 -不
No. It's a simple matter.
不 这其实很简单
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表