生活大爆♥炸♥
第三季第六集
Kites, ho!
风筝嗬
Kites, ho!
风筝嗬
Excuse me.
不好意思
You're misusing the word "ho."
你们误用了"嗬"这个词
It's an interjection used to call attention
这是用于引起目标注意的感叹词
to a destination, not an object, as in, uh, "Land, ho!"
而不是物体 例如"停下嗬"
Or, uh, "Westward, ho!"
或者"向西嗬"
Kites, ho!
风筝嗬
Hey, guys. Whatcha doin'?
各位好 在忙什么
Going out to discover electricity?
出去发现电的存在吗
If you're referring to the work of Benjamin Franklin,
如果你说的是本杰明·富兰克林的成果
he did not "discover electricity,"
他没有"发现电的存在"
he merely used a kite to determine
他只是利用风筝证明
that lightning "consists" of electricity.
闪电"带"电
He also invented the Franklin stove,
他还发明了富兰克林壁炉式取暖炉
bifocals and the flexible urinary catheter.
双光眼镜和灵活导尿管
Kites, ho.
风筝嗬
We're heading out for some kite fighting.
我们准备去斗风筝
- "Kite fighting"? - Oh, yeah.
-斗风筝 -对
It's an extremely competitive, cutthroat sport.
一项极具竞争性和激烈性的运动
Well, actually, the risk of throat cutting is very low.
其实 割到喉咙的风险很低
On the other hand, severe string burn is a real
另外 严重被线擦伤才是真实
and ever-present danger.
且经常发生的危险
You want to come watch?
你想来观战吗
Oh, gee...
天啊
Sounds amazing.
听着很不错
But, um, I've got some friends coming over.
不过 我有些朋友会过来
Not a big thing-- we're just
没什么大事
gonna watch the Nebraska game.
只是聚在一起看内布拉斯加比赛
Oh. Football, sure.
橄榄球 行
Good guess.
猜得好
I would've invited you, but I know you're not a football fan.
我本想叫上你 但我知道你不是球迷
No, no, I'm not, so... great.
对 当然 很好
You've got plans
你能做自己喜欢的事
doing something you like, I've got plans
我也能做自己喜欢的事
doing something I like, so it's good.
这样很好
Well, maybe we'll hang out later--
我们能迟些再聚
you know, after everybody's gone.
等大家都走了
Yeah, great.
行 可以
See ya.
再见
Well, this sucks.
太逊了
I'm sorry, I got bored and drifted off.
抱歉 我觉得无聊 开小差了
Where exactly in the interaction did the sucking lie?
什么东西很逊
Leonard just realized that Penny's been hiding him
莱纳德刚发现佩妮不想带他见朋友
from her friends because he's a tiny, little man
因为莱纳德是个身材矮小
who flies kites.
又喜欢放风筝的人
Oh, that certainly would suck.
这当然会很逊
Wolowitz is trying to outflank us.
沃罗威茨想侧翼包围咱们
Let out some string, add altitude
你放线 飞高点
and I'll go under and cut his line.
我从下方偷袭割他的线
Why wouldn't Penny want her friends to meet me?
为什么佩妮不想让她朋友认识我
Focus, Leonard, focus!
集中精神比赛 莱纳德
The heat of battle is upon us.
战斗的热浪迎面而来
The dogs of war are unleashed.
战争的恶犬已被释放
Maybe Koothrappali's right.
或许库萨帕里说得对
Maybe I embarrass her.
也许我让她囧了
You're embarrassing me right now.
你现在就让我囧了
A grown man worrying about such nonsense
一个大男人在放风筝的时候
when in the middle of flying kites.
居然担心这种无聊东西
Sorry.
对不起
Sorry won't bring their kites down.
道歉可打不下对方的风筝
String burn! String burn!
被线擦伤 痛痛
Oh, they think we're flanking.
他们以为我们想侧翼包围
They're playing right into our hands.
正中我们下怀
On the count of three, we execute the flying scissor.
我数到三 使出绝杀飞剪
One, two...
一 二
Whoa!
哇
- Did you see that? - See what?
-看到没 -什么
That chick-- she smiled at me.
那个小妞 她冲我笑
- No, she didn't. - Yes, she did.
-没有 -有
Come on, scissors, scissors!
快 飞剪 飞剪
- Hold my line. - Wait.
-帮我拿着 -等等
What are you doing?
你去干什么
I can't scissors by myself!
我没法单独使出飞剪
Howard! Come back!
霍华德 回来
Victory!
胜利
Son of a bitch.
狗♥娘♥养♥的
You're a sucky friend, you know that?
你真是垃圾朋友 知道吗
A sucky, sucky friend.
比垃圾还垃圾的朋友
What was supposed to do?
我能怎样
She gave me that "come-hither" look.
她冲我那么诱惑一笑
If she gave you any look at all. it was a "you suck" look.
就算她冲你笑 那也是笑你很逊
I would've caught up to her if I hadn't pulled a hammy.
如果没有拉伤大腿 我就能追上她
Oh, please, you weigh 80 pounds.
拜托 你才80磅重
You don't have a hammy.
哪有什么大腿肌肉
So, Penny doesn't want me around her friends.
佩妮不想带我见朋友
I embarrass her. What else could it be?
我让她囧了 有其他可能吗
Well, her actions
她的行为
could be out of concern for your feelings
能理解为顾及你的感受
Perhaps she's excluded you from these gatherings
也许她不让你参加聚会
because she's scouting for a new mate
是因为她想物色新配偶
and don't want to do it in front of you.
但不想让你看到
Oh... how kind of her.
她真贴心
Agreed.
同意
Most primates don't show that sort of discretion.
大多数灵长类动物没有这种判断力
A female bonobo will copulate with a new male
雌性倭黑猩猩会在前配偶面前
in front of the old one
与新配偶交♥配♥
without so much as a "how do you do?"
根本不会想"你怎么样"
You always do this, you know?
你老是这样 知道吗
You ditch me for a woman you don't have a shot with.
抛下我去追没有机会追到的女人
I totally had a shot. With a woman
我完全有机会
you were chasing through a park--
在公园追逐一名女子
that's not a shot, that's a felony.
这不叫机会 这叫重罪
What's worse, it cost me my prized Patang fighting kite.
搭上我赢回来的帕唐风筝更罪加一等
Sheldon, I don't suppose there's any chance
谢尔顿 能不能行行好
you could give me my kite back?
把风筝还给我
I'm sorry, Raj, but the rules of aerial warfare
对不起 拉杰 空战的规则
dictate at the fallen kite go to the victor.
规定战败的风筝归胜者
And without rules, the competition has no meaning.
没有规则 比赛就没有意义
And without meaning,
没有比赛意义
the following would be an empty gesture.
下面的动作就只会是个空洞的姿态
I have your kite.
你的风筝归我了
How was your football party?
你的橄榄球派对如何
- It was pretty good. We won. - Oh, wow.
-很不错 我们赢了 -哇
That's excellent.
太棒了
It's a weird figure of speech, isn't it
你不觉得这个比喻很怪吗
"We won" when you weren't actually playing.
不是我们在玩 却说"我们赢了"
When we watch Star Wars,
当我们看《星球大战》的时候
we don't say, "We defeated the Empire."
我们不会说"我们打败了帝国"
I'm glad to hear it.
很高兴听你这么说
Oh, hey, on a related subject,
对了 还有个相关问题
Are you embarrassed to have me around your friends?
我跟你朋友在一起会让你觉得有失颜面吗
Oh, my god, no.
天呐 当然不会
Why would you ask that?
为什么要这么问
Well, you know, I just noticed
我才发现
I haven't really met any of them.
我还没见过他们呢
Sure you have.
你肯定见过
Yeah, no, I met the huge ex-boyfriend
对 我见过你那高大的前男友
and the smaller yet still larger than me ex-boyfriend
还有小一点但还是比我高大的前男友
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表