In the mood I'm in, I'll take you out--
就我现在的心情 老子会揪你出去的
I swear to cow!
我向牛发誓
I'm sorry.
对不起
Me, too.
我也是
I'm just... I'm a little on edge.
我只是 我有点激动了
Understandle.
可以理解
Your entire life seems to be crumbling around you,
你的整个人生仿佛崩溃了
And your future appears bleak at best.
你的未来充其量也只能说惨淡无光
Thank you.
谢谢
And you're wrong about hinduism and cows.
而且你在印度教和牛的问题上是错的
Hey, Raj, guess what.
拉杰 你猜怎么着
Professor Laughlin is looking for someone to join
拉夫林教授正招募人员加入
The stellar evolution research team.
恒星进化科研小组
You-you're kidding! That's fantastic!
真的吗 那太棒了
What are you waiting for? Call him and set up an interview.
那你还在等什么 打电♥话♥预约面试啊
I'm on it.
现在就打
That's happy, right?
这叫高兴 对吗
- Yeah. - Nailed it.
-没错 -搞定
Dr. Koothrappali, come on in.
库萨帕里博士 请进
I was surprised to hear you were interested
我很惊讶你居然想加入
In joining our little team.
我们这个小团队
Giving up on those trans-neptunian objects, are we?
放弃那些海王星外星体了 是吗
No, no, it's a very promising area.
不 不 那是个很有前景的领域
In a perfect world, I'd spend several more years on it.
如果条件理想 我愿意花数年在这课题上
But I just couldn't pass up the opportunity
但我却不能放弃这个机会
To work with you on your tremendously exciting
与您共同研究这个令人无比兴奋
And not yet conclusively disproved hypothesis.
且还未最终定论的假设上
Splendid.
说的太精彩了
Uh, please sit down.
请坐
Can I offer you a Sherry?
要来一杯雪利酒吗
It's a little early, isn't it?
现在还为时过早 不是吗
Not on Proxima Centauri.
我们不在比邻星上[很暗的恒星 意指还早]
That's very good.
说的太好了
Jolly amusing, but if you don't mind,
非常有趣 但如果你不介意的话
I'll hold off until suet on Titan.
把我那杯留到泰坦星日落之时[土卫六 日落晚]
Well done.
说的好
I have a feeling you're going
我预感你将会
To fit in just fine, Dr. Koothrappali.
很好的融入这个团队的 库萨帕里博士
Thank you, sir.
谢谢称赞 先生
I'm sorry.
不好意思
Am I late?
我来晚了吗
No, no, no. Right on time.
不 不 时间正好
Dr. Koothrappali, may I present
库萨帕里博士 请允许我向你介绍
Dr. Millstone from MIT.
来自麻省理工的麦思彤博士
She'll be heading up our data analysis team.
她将领导我们的数据分♥析♥小组
It's nice to meet you, Dr. Koothrappali.
很高兴认识你 库萨帕里博士
I read your paper on Kuiper Belt object size distribution.
我读了您关于柯伊伯带物体大小分布的文章
I really enjoy it.
我非常喜欢
How did you correct for the selection bias?
您是如何修正选择偏差的呢
Well, I ran a simulation that allowed me
我进行了模拟测试
To correct for the observational efficiency.
令我可以修正观测效率
That's just fascinating.
这实在是太牛了
Thank you.
谢谢
Would you like to hear more about it in my hot tub?
你想在我的热水浴池里了解更多细节吗
So, when do I start?
那 我们什么时候开始呢
What do you mean you didn't get the job?
你没得到工作是什么意思
How could you not get it?
你怎么可能得不到
U know... He's british; I'm indian.
你知道的 他是英国人 我是印度人
Ever since Gandhi, they haven't liked us very much.
自甘地之后 他们就对我们不大友好了
Wait, are you saying that he discriminated against you?
等等 你是说他对你有种族歧视
Because we should file a complaint.
因为我们应该提出控告
That's okay.
可以是可以
A complaint's been filed.
已经有人来控告了
So, that's it.
好了 玩完了
That was my last hope.
那是我最后的希望
I'm going to be deported,
我要被驱除出境了
Sent home in disgrace,
狼狈地回到家里
Exposed to the sardonic barb of my cousin Sanjay.
被我表亲桑杰冷嘲热讽
Or, as you may know him,
或许你们知道他的马甲
Dave from at&t customer service.
是AT&T的客服人员戴夫
I'm really going to miss you.
我会很想你的
Will you come visit me india?
你会来印度探望我吗
Gee, that's, like, a 17-hour flight.
天 那个 貌似要17小时的飞机吧
How about I meet you halfway?
要不我们在中点相见
Halfway is 600 miles off the coast of japan.
中点是在离日本海岸线600英里的地方
Tell you what, we'll Skype.
干脆这样 我们视频吧
Gentlemen.
先生们
- Hey. - Raj,
-嗨 -拉杰
Did you get a job with Professor Laughlin?
你得到了拉夫林教授的工作吗
- No. - I assumed as much.
-没有 -我猜也是
But never fear.
但别害怕
Like the subordinate male protagonist
就像是无数的动作片里面
In countless action movies
那些次要男主角
Who disappears half way through the second reel,
在影片放到一半时消失那样
I have returned to save the day.
我现在回来拯救世界
Odd.
奇怪了
Usually, he's met by cheers.
他通常都是在欢呼声中回归的
Anyway, I was thinking about exploring
不论如何 我正想着探索
The string theory implications
超弦理论在
Of gamma rays from dark matter annihilations,
暗物质湮灭时所放出的伽玛射线中的含义
And it occurred to me that I could benefit--
我突然间发现我能利用
Excuse me, Sheldon.
打扰一下 谢尔顿
How many reels before the subordine male protagonist
通常需要浪费多少卷胶片才能让次要的男主角
Gets to s point?
说到重点上
I'm sorry-- if you didn't cheer at my entrance,
不好意思 如果你没有为我的出场欢呼
It's too late to buy into the premise.
那你现在提出你的假设也为时已晚了
Anyway, I got some extra money
不管怎么说 我从系主任那里
From the head of the department,
获得了多余的资金
And Raj can come work for me.
而拉杰可以来给我打工
You want me to work with you?
你想让我与你共事
For me.
是给我打工
You're going to have to listen
你今后在工作的时候
More careful when you're on the job.
必须要更仔细的听清我的话
Ay, uh, please don't take this the wrong way,
好吧 但是可别搞错了
But I'd rather swim buck-naked across the Ganges
我情愿在乳♥头♥上别张纸
With a paper cut on my nipple
赤条条地游过恒河
And die a slow, agonizing death
抑或是染上病毒痛苦而挣扎着死掉
From a viral infection than work with you.
也不要和你一起工作
For me.
是为我工作
Sheldon, are you busy?
谢尔顿 你在忙吗
Of course I'm busy.
这不废话么
Shall I wait?
那要我等你吗
Yes, please
当然了
How may I help you?
能为你效劳吗
I've reconsidered your offer to let me work with you.
我重新考虑了你提出的合作建议
For me
是为我工作
Yes, for you.
是是 为你工作
I do, however, have a few conditions.
我接受 但有几个条件
First, at all times,
首先 任何情况下
I am to be treated as a colleague and an equal.
你都得把我看作同事平等对待
Second, my contributions shall noted
其次 在所有发表物上
In all published material.
都应注明我的名字和贡献
And third, you are never allowed to lecture me
第三 绝不许你在我面前
On hinduism or my Indian culture.
挑剔我的印度教或印度文化
I'm impressed, Raj.
真令我感到钦佩 拉杰
Those are very cogent and reasonable conditions.
你提得条件中肯而合理
Thank you.
谢谢
I reject them all.
我统统拒绝
Then you leave me no choice.
那我就毫无选择了
I accept the job.
只能接受这份工作
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表