Sheldon, here we go.
谢尔顿 来吧
Kleingast's Field Guide to North American Insects.
北美昆虫野外指南
Hey Toby.
嘿 托比
Right here.
就在这儿
See it?
看见了?
The common field cricket,
普通田野蟋蟀
AK Gryllus assimilis,
学名Gryllus assimilis
which is Latin for "suck it, you lose."
拉丁文就是"气死你 你输了"的意思
Hang on.
等等
Voilà.
看看
The snowy tree cricket.
雪白树蟋
AKA Oecanthus fultoni,
学名Oecanthus fultoni
which is Latin for I'll suck nothing.
拉丁文就是"我气不死"
Of course I'm joking
当然是玩笑
because the Latin for that is nihil exsorbibo.
因为那个的拉丁文是nihil exsorbibo
That is not Toby,
这根本不是托比
this is Toby.
就是托比
Raj, what do you think?
拉杰 你怎么看
Oh, I really don't care anymore.
我早已经不关心了
God, I had the most horrible night.
天啊 我昨晚上惨透了
Obviously another carnal fiasco with the shiksi goddess.
显然是与谢萨女神的又一次失败肉体接触
Shiksa. Shik-sa.
是谢夏 谢夏
Forgive me.
对不起
Yiddish was not spoken in East Texas.
德州东部的人都不说犹太语
And if it was, it wasn't spoken for long.
即使说 也没说几年
Yeah, fine, whatever.
好好 随你怎么说
The point is, you're wrong again.
事实是 你又错了
We haven't established that I'm wrong once. All right.
咱们还没说清上次我什么时候错呢 好了
Tell you what. Let's go down
这么办吧 咱们下楼
to the Entomology Department
去昆虫系
and let Professor Crawley tell us
让克莱利教授告诉我们
what kind of cricket Toby is.
托比究竟是哪种蟋蟀
He's a snowy tree cricket,
他是雪树蟋蟀
and his name is Jiminy.
而且他叫吉姆尼
I bet I could throw a rock in this room
我打赌要是在这屋里扔块石头
and come up with three better friends.
也能打中三个更好的朋友
Holy crap.
我的天啊
It's like Silence of the Lambs down here.
这块儿简直就像《沉默的羔羊》
Don't do that.
不要那样
You're such a girl.
你简直像个女生
The're just bugs.
不过是虫子
Yeah, well, I don't like bugs, okay?
哼 我不喜欢虫子 怎么啦
They freak me out.
它们让我害怕
Interesting
有趣
You're afraid of insects and women.
你既怕虫子又怕女人
Ladybugs must render you catatonic.
瓢虫[英文: 女士+虫]还不得把你吓昏了
It was a joke.
这是笑话
I made it to lessen your discomfort.
我编来让你放松的
You're welcome.
不用客气
Don't knock.
别敲门
Just walk in.
尽管进来吧
Why be polite to the world's leading expert
对一位世界领先地位的
on the dung beetle?
屎克螂专家客气什么啊
Excuse me,
对不起
are you Professor Crawley?
你是克莱利教授吗
Who wants to know?
谁想知道
I'm Dr. Cooper from the Physics Department.
我是物理系的库珀博士
Couldn't wait, huh?
等不及了 是不?
I'm sorry?
什么
I haven't even packed yet,
我还没装完东西
and you're already measuring my lab
你就已经来量我的实验室了
for one of your godless laser machines.
准备装你们那些无神论的激光机器
No, you don't understand.
不是 你不明白
We just want to ask you a question.
我们只想问你个问题
Let me ask you one first.
让我先问你
What's a world renowned entomologist
一位世界知名的昆虫学家
with a doctorate
有博士学位
and 20 years of experience to do with his life
有二十年的经验 当学校裁掉
when the university cuts off the funding for his lab, huh?
他实验室的经费之后他该干什么
Ask rhetorical questions
向别人吐嘈
that make people uncomfortable?
让人家不舒服
What's your deal?
你又是怎么回事
Are they planning to outsource my job to Bangalore?
他们是不是打算把我的职位外包到班加罗尔
I'm from New Delhi.
我是新德里来的
Maybe you should find another entomologist.
也许你该去问别的昆虫学家
No, no. We're here. Let's settle this.
不行不行 咱们来了就得弄清楚
Professor, can you identify our cricket?
教授 你能辨认出我们的蟋蟀吗
Of course I can.
我当然能
I can identify every insect and arachnid on the planet.
我能认出全世界所有的昆虫和节肢动物
Not that that's going
但我也一样得去
to keep me from having to move in with my daughter in Oxnard.
投奔我住在奥克斯纳德的女儿
And we're not talking
而且这不是
Oxnard at the beach. No!
海滩旁边的奥克斯纳德
We're talking Oxnard
我们说的是葱地中间的
in the onion fields.
奥克斯纳德
Well, could you look at Toby?
能帮忙鉴定下托比
Toby?
托比
What a stupid name for a cricket.
蟋蟀叫这名字真蠢
Told ya.
我就说嘛
It's a field cricket.
就是只普通黑蟋蟀
- Yes! - No, no, wait.
-太好了 -不 等等
Dr. Crawley, are you sure?
克莱利教授 你确定吗
Young man,I've been studying insects since I was eight years old.
年轻人 我从8岁起就开始学习昆虫知识
You know what they used to call me in school?
知道上学时他们都叫我什么
Creepy Crawley.
爬虫克莱利
Cruel as that may be,
这么叫你或许很残忍♥
But this is not in itself a credential.
但并不能证明什么
Let me show you something.
给你们看点东西
See that?
看到没
That's a Crawley's dung beetle.
这是以我克莱利命名的金龟子
I discovered it after spending six months slogging
我在婆罗洲的热带雨林里长途跋涉了六个月
Through a Bornean rain forest,
才发现了它
While my wife was back home shacking up with a two-bit ornithologist
而我妻子却在家跟个穷酸的鸟类学家同居了
Who lives on a sailboat and likes to wear boot-cut jeans!
那人住在艘帆船上 还喜欢穿牛仔喇叭裤
So, when I tell you that it's a common field cricket,
所以 我跟你说这就是只普通黑蟋蟀时
You can take that to the damn bank!
就是确凿无疑的[双关 bank当银行解]
'Cause God knows I can't!
上帝知道 我都不用跑银行了
That tramp took me for everything!
那荡♥妇♥把我洗劫一空
Well, apparently, I was wrong.
很显然 我错了
Congratulations.
恭喜
Enjoy Oxnard.
祝你在奥克斯纳德过得愉快
I'm sure your daughter's looking forward to having you.
相信你女儿一直盼着你去
Oh, hey, Sheldon.
谢尔顿
What you got there? New comic book?
拿的什么 新漫画书
Old comic book.
旧漫画书
I just retrieved it from my safe deposit box.
刚从银行保管箱里取出来的
What do you have a safe deposit box for?
你要银行保管箱干嘛
Old comic books.
存旧漫画书
I lost this to Wolowitz in an ill-considered cricket wager.
用一场考虑不充分的蟋蟀赌局后 我把这输给了沃罗威茨
What, do they have Wii cricket now?
什么 他们在玩蟋蟀电玩吗
That can't be very popular.
这可不常见
Penny, I'd rather not talk about it.
佩妮 我不想谈这些
Well, if it makes you feel any better,
看这能不能让你好受些
I'm not feeling so hot either.
我也不觉得自己有多性感了
Why would that make me feel better?
为什么这会让我好受些
I don't know, empathy?
我不知道 有共鸣
Anyway, I'm just saying,
总之 我的意思是
That you're feeling upset about something with Howard,
你因霍华德而觉得沮丧
- And I'm upset about something with Leonard. - Yes
-我也因莱纳德而心情不好 -对
Yes, the disappointing sex.
不尽如人意的性♥爱♥
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表