Through Isaac Newton to Niels Bohr
从艾萨克·牛顿到尼尔斯·玻尔[原子理论和量子力学的创始人]
To Erwin Schrodinger
再到埃尔文·薛定谔[创立波动力学]
To the Dutch researchers
再到荷兰研究学派
That Leonard is currently ripping off.
莱纳德近来就在重复他们的研究呢
2,600 years?
居然有2600年
Yeah, give or take.
没错 可能有些许误差
As I was saying, it's a warm summer evening
正如我之前所说 在那遥远的古希腊
In ancient Greece...
一个氤氲的仲夏夜
Yes, Penny?
怎么了 佩妮同学
I have to go to the bathroom.
我要去洗手间
Can't you hold it?
你就不能憋一下吗
Not for 2,600 years.
我可憋不了2600年
Project Gorilla, entry two.
大猩猩实验 日志2
I am exhausted.
我被榨干了
- Howard? - Huh?
-霍华德 -怎么
It unhooks in the front.
这个要从前面解开的
Oh, that explains a lot.
难怪啊
Howard, I'm home!
霍华德 我回来了
Of course.
整栋楼都听到了
Senior fitness was cancelled.
老年健身取消了
It turns out you can forget how to ride a bike.
我发现原来还真会忘了怎么骑车
I'm fine, but, oy, did Sam Harpootian eat gravel.
我是没啥 但山姆·哈普蒂安摔了个嘴啃泥
That's great, Ma!
太棒了 娘
What's great about an 80-year-old Armenian man
80多的亚美尼亚老人摔断了半边下巴
With half his chin scraped off?!
有什么可棒的
I guess I should go.
我想我得走了
No, no, don't move.
不 别动
Hey, Ma, can I have lamb stew for dinner?
娘 晚饭我想吃炖羊肉
Lamb stew? I'd have to go to the supermarket.
炖羊肉 那我还得去超♥市♥买♥♥
Please?
帮帮忙啦
I got a real hankering.
我真的很想吃嘛
Oh, I can't say no to my little tushy face.
噢 我最疼我家小屁脸宝贝了
I'll be back soon.
我很快回来
Thanks, Ma.
多谢啦 娘
Do you want the regular peas or the Le Seur?
你要家常豌豆还是拉素豌豆[豌豆的一种]
Always Le Seur peas with lamb stew!
平时不都是加拉素豌豆的吗
You're right! When you're right, you're right!
好吧 你总是说得有理
What if they're out of the Le Seur?
如果拉素豌豆卖♥♥完了咋办
Then get the regular!
那就买♥♥家常的啊
All right! You don't have to yell!
好吧 你别冲我吼啊
Sorry about that.
抱歉
Let me just put that on vibrate.
我来调成震动
I'm already on vibrate.
我早就调好啦
You know, that one I got.
这个我可听懂了
Howard, did you say something to Leonard about me?
霍华德 你和莱纳德说起我什么了吗
Uh, what do you mean?
什么意思
He says if I go see his experiment tomorrow
他说我要是明天去看他的实验
It might weird you out.
可能你会感觉不好
Really? He said that?
是吗 他这样说吗
You're not jealous of Leonard, are you?
你不是在吃莱纳德的醋吧
Me? No.
我 才没有呢
I may have mentioned that it's a little inappropriate
我只是说 在没和别人商量的情况下
To be asking another man's girlfriend to his experiment
邀请别人的女友去看他的实验
Without first discussing it with said man.
这样有点不太合适
Are you saying I need to ask your permission to hang out with Leonard?
你的意思是 我和莱纳德一起还要经过同意
I didn't say anything like that.
我可没这么说
I said Leonard has to ask my permission.
我是说莱纳德必须经过我同意
Come on, I don't want to eat lamb stew with my mother.
拜托 我可不想和我娘共进炖羊肉啊
Damn, I was this close on the bra.
可恶 我差点就解开bra了
Now, remember, Newton realized that Aristotle was wrong
记住 牛顿发现亚里士多德的理论是错的
And force was not necessary to maintain motion.
运动不需要靠力来维持
So let's plug in our 9.8 meters per second squared
所以 加上a = 9.8平方米每秒
As "A" and we get
我们能得到
Force-- Earth gravity- equals mass times 9.8 meters
万有引力乘以质量
Per second per second.
等于9.8米每秒的平方
So we can see that "ma" equals "mg"
从而得到ma = mg
And what do we know from this?
我们可以推算出什么
Uh, we know that...
我们能推算出
...Newton was a really smart cookie.
牛顿真是个聪明绝顶的小甜饼
Oh! Is that where Fig Newtons come from?
哇 所以才有了牛顿打滚吗[一种点心 很像驴打滚]
No, Fig Newtons are named after a small town in Massachusetts.
不 牛顿打滚得名于马萨诸塞州的一个小镇
- Don't write that down! - Sorry.
-别光顾着记这个啊 -抱歉
Now, if "ma" equals "mg," what does that imply?
好 如果ma = mg 我们可以推算出什么
I don't know.
我不知道
How can you not know?
你怎么可以不知道
I just told you.
我都告诉你了啊
Have you suffered a recent blow to the head?
你最近脑子被敲过了吗
Hey! You don't have to be so mean!
你这也太刻薄了吧
I'm sorry.
抱歉
Have you suffered a recent blow to the head?
你最近脑子被敲过了吗
- No, you just suck at teaching. - Really?
-你这个老师真是烂透了 -是吗
Of those two explanations, which one seems the most likely?
你觉得这两种解释哪个更靠谱点呢
Oh, God...
天哪
Sheldon, I'm trying to understand,
谢尔顿 我也很想听懂
but you're going too fast.
但你说得太快了
Can you just back up a little bit?
能不能倒回去一点
All right.
好吧
It's a warm summer evening in ancient Greece...
在那个古希腊的仲夏夜
Not that far back!
别倒回那么多
Okay!
好吧
At what point did you begin to feel lost?
你到底哪点开始听不懂的
I don't know.
我不知道
Where were we looking up at the night sky?
我们抬头仰望星空是在哪里
- Greece. - Damn it!
-希腊 -见鬼
There's no need to get frustrated.
用不着灰心
People learn at different rates.
总有人学得快 有人学得慢
Unlike objects falling in a vacuum, which...?
不像漂浮在真空中的物体 在那里
ma=mg
"ma" equals "mg"...?
Squared?
平方?
No.
不对
Aristotle?
亚里斯多德
No.
不对
Five?
等于五
Then I don't know.
那我不知道了
Why are you crying?
你哭什么
Because I'm stupid!
我哭我自己蠢啊
That's no reason to cry.
那也没理由哭啊
One cries because one is sad.
人只有悲伤的时候才该哭
For example, I cry because others are stupid
比如说 其他人都太蠢我感到悲伤
and it makes me sad.
所以我才哭
Okay, can we just please forget about all this extra stuff
好了 能不能先不扯这些题外话
and can you just tell me what Leonard does?
就告诉我莱纳德平常在做的那些
All right.
好吧
Leonard is attempting to learn why sub-atomic particles
莱纳德正致力于研究出为何亚原子粒子
move the way they do.
会像现在这样运动
Really? That's it?
真的 就这样
Well, that doesn't sound so complicated.
这听起来并不是很复杂嘛
It's not.
是不复杂
That's why Leonard does it.
所以莱纳德才干这个
Okay, I just have one question.
我只有一个问题
What exactly are sub-atomic particles?
亚原子粒子 到底是什么
A good question.
问得好
Thank you.
谢谢
And to answer it, we first must ask ourselves:
要回答这个问题 我们首先必须自问
"What is physics?"
物理是什么
Oh, balls.
又绕回来了
It's a warm summer evening in ancient Greece...
在那个古希腊的仲夏夜
Okay, I got a bone to pick with you.
我有事要找你算账
What did I do now?
这回我又怎么了
I was in bed with Bernadette, and you text-blocked me.
我和伯纳黛特正要做♥爱♥做的事 被你的短♥信♥搅了
剧集 | 生活大爆炸 | 导航列表