剧集 | 金装律师 | 导航列表
害得我们处于被动
is put us on the defensive,
接下来的两周 我得为公♥司♥里的人
so now I have to spend the next two weeks
准备出庭作证 上至杰西卡 下至你秘书
prepping everyone from Jessica to your secretary,
因为特拉维斯·坦纳会传召他们宣誓作证的
because Travis Tanner is gonna depose them under oath.
这里没人知道那份备忘的事
Nobody here knows a goddamn thing about that memo.
就让他们在这事上浪费时间吧
Let them waste their time with it.
所以才要雇用外面的法律顾问
This is why you hire outside counsel.
就算是现在 这事当着你的面搞砸了
You can't see how reckless that was,
你还是不知道自己的行为有多鲁莽
even now, after it's blown up in your face.
如果你坚持要证前演练
Fine, if you insist on pre-deposing their depositions,
那就赶快搞定 你可以从我开始
let's get it over with. You can start with me.
我已经听过你的陈述了
I already have your version of events.
那你可以从唐娜开始
Okay, you can start with Donna.
不理解什么
What's not to understand?
大多数父亲遇到这种情况
Most fathers in the same situation would either
要么是想让孩子实现自己未能实现的梦想
want to live vicariously through their children's lives
要么就会靠孩子挣钱
or sponge off their backs,
但你父亲只是想保护你
but your father, he's just trying to protect you.
我知道他自认为这是为我好
Yeah, look, I know what he thinks he's doing.
马尔科 一年零八个月而已
Marco, it's a year and eight months.
也许吧 但你不知道在某方面高人一等
Maybe, but you don't know what it's like
是一种什么样的感觉
to be better at something than everyone.
一年零八个月就是505天
A year and eight months is 505 days.
12120小时 727200分钟
12,120 hours and 727,200 minutes.
我知道这种感觉
Yeah, I know what it's like.
你老了以后还可以算数
You can do math when you're an old man.
而我的优势却只到三十岁
I can only dominate till I'm 30.
也许吧 但如果你现在非要继续告你父亲
Maybe, but if you go through with this now,
就会破坏你们俩之间的关系
you're gonna drive a wedge between the two of you
而且永远都无法修补和好
that'll last the rest of your life.
我们之间早就关系恶劣了 都是因为他
It's already there because of him.
我就如笼中之鸟
I'm like the horse in the stall.
他不愿意打开门 如果关得太久
He won't open the gate, and if it stays shut much longer,
-我就要疯了 -好吧 你是委托人
- I'm gonna go crazy. - All right, you're the client.
我要先问你几个问题
I just have a couple of questions for you
才能向法庭提交申请
before we can file with the courts, okay?
好的
Okay, great.
你父亲嗑药酗酒吗
Has your father ever abused drugs or alcohol?
-不 -他赌博吗
- No. - Is he a gambling addict?
-不 没这种事 -你们家里
- No, nothing like that. - Is your home without
停电停水没吃没喝吗
electricity, running water, food?
我们不住贫民窟
We don't live in a slum.
解除监护权需要证据
Emancipation requires proof
证明你父亲是个不合格的家长
that your father is an unfit parent.
我们得考虑清楚在法庭上要怎么说
We have to think about how this plays in court.
和法官说 他只是想让你
And telling a judge that he just wants you
上完高中再去赚大钱
to wait until you finish high school before you make
可不能解除他的监护权
millions of dollars is not going to cut it.
马尔科
Look, Marco...
我在那间会议室里见到的
What I saw in that conference room
可不是一位不合格的父亲
is not a father who was unfit.
我看到的是一位爱孩子的好父亲
I saw a father who loves his son.
你一定还看到别的了
You saw something else in there, too.
只要我违抗他 他就会勃然大怒
You saw how furious he gets when he's defied.
你是想说什么
What are you getting at?
我是想说他生气的时候
I'm getting at what happens when he feels that way
若没有别人在 会发生什么事
and nobody else is around.
不用担心
There's no reason to be concerned.
我问每个人的都一样 走个形式而已
These are pro forma questions I'm asking everyone.
我不是担心 是无聊
Oh, I'm not concerned, I'm bored,
能不能
so can we just...
当然
Of course.
你可以把这东西挪到那里吗
Do you think you can move that other there?
我左边漂亮
It's my good side.
我左边更漂亮 两边都很漂亮
Well, my better side. They're both good.
就这样开始吧
I'm just going to start. Um...
律所收到文件之后
So, when documents are received into the firm,
就会送到你这里来
they then come to you.
-对吗 -对
- Is that correct? - Yes.
怎么从收发室到你这里的呢
And how do they get from the mail room to you?
传送光束
Transporter beam.
保尔森女士 我知道你时间宝贵
Ms. Paulsen, I understand that your time is valuable,
但我是来帮你做准备的
but I'm here to prepare you.
在陪审团看来 讽刺就是故意阻碍
And to a jury, sarcasm plays as obstructive.
很显然 再提《星际迷航》
Obviously, any further mention of Star Trek
只会将问题复杂化
may just compound the problem, okay?
遵命 船长
Aye, Cap'n.
你叫唐娜 对吧
It's Donna, right?
你是哪里人 唐娜
All right, so where you from, Donna?
-州北部 - 尤蒂卡
- Upstate. - Like Utica?
不 实际上是科特兰
No, Cortland, actually.
科特兰算在中部吧
Cortland's kind of in the middle, isn't it?
不好意思 这有什么关系
I'm sorry, what does this have to do with...
我只是想了解你一点
I'm just trying to get to know you,
卸下你的心防
break down the walls.
你也许不了解我
You may not know this about me,
但事实是 我其实还单身
but the truth is, I'm actually single.
-离婚了吗 -是的
- Divorced? - As a matter of fact, yes.
无论如何 我约会过很多次
But anyway, I've been going on all these dates,
我发现有时让对话
and I found that sometimes the best way
继续下去的最好方法
to get the conversation going
就是问一大串问题
is just start asking a bunch of questions.
比如说 你觉得你五年后会怎么样
For example, where do you see yourself in five years?
事实上...
Well, actually, that's--
我觉得你会去坐牢
'Cause where I see you is in jail.
你以为我好骗吗
Do you think I was born yesterday?
你知道哈维是怎么处理那个备忘的
You know what Harvey did with that memo,
而你现在就得告诉我
and you're going to tell me right now.
哈维什么都没做
Harvey didn't do anything.
我知道了
Oh, I see.
他不必亲力亲为 因为有你代♥办♥
He didn't have to because you did it for him.
那不是事实
That's not true.
那你告诉我事实是什么
Then tell me what is true.
这很简单
Well, that's easy.
你特么根本不在乎我和哈维做过什么
You don't give a shit about me or Harvey.
这就是一场迫♥害♥
This is a witch hunt,
我不想在这个房♥间多待一刻
and I'm not gonna sit in this room for another minute.
从哈维还是个收发室菜鸟
I've worked with Harvey since
我就与他共事了
he was a rookie in the mail room.
他绝不会藏着那张备忘
No way he buried that memo.
你没看到唐娜在那个房♥间
You didn't see Donna in that room.
我不是说她会违抗他的命令
I'm not saying she wouldn't do it if he asked.
而是说他不会下达这样的命令
I'm saying he wouldn't ask.
他不会吗
Wouldn't he?
我可不止和她一个人谈话
Because she's not the only person I talked to.
是有许多人都不喜欢哈维
Now, a lot of people, they don't like Harvey.
可哪怕是崇敬他的人
But even the ones that love him
也都说他喜欢打擦边球
say he likes to work in the grey.
我想要哈维签了这份宣誓书
I'd like Harvey to sign this affidavit,
发誓他的办公室从未收到过那份备忘
swearing that his office never received the memo.
为何
Why?
和这份撤案动议放在一起
To put with this motion to dismiss.
如果你想提出撤案动议
If you wanted to file a motion to dismiss,
你早就那样做了
you would have done that already.
你让他签署那份文件是怕引火烧身
You want him to sign that thing to cover your ass.
我觉得这个案子
Do I think it's likely
有可能会被撤销吗
that this case is gonna get dismissed?
答案是不 但值得一试 至于你的说法
No, but it's worth a shot, and to your point,
我这样做不光是怕连累自己
I'm not just doing this to cover my ass.
更是为你
I'm doing it to cover your ass.
剧集 | 金装律师 | 导航列表