剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表
卢·林克莱特
Lou Linklatter.
她比谁都了解他
She knew him better than anybody.
另外 她是受害者之一
Plus, she's one of his victims.
在法庭上
In a courtroom?
跟他在同一个房♥间 他是清醒的
With him in the room, awake?
关键是 由你来告诉法庭 他还是同一个人
The thing is...you're in the best position
再合适不过了
to tell the court that he's the same person.
就这么简单
It's as simple as that.
我不是医生
I'm not a -- I'm not a fucking doctor.
我不是...
I-I'm not -- I mean, who --
我哪有资格判定布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德精神健全
who am I to judge Brady Hartsfield's sanity?
不是精神健全
It's different from sanity.
精神健全是 他能否判明是非
Insanity is, did he know right from wrong?
精神无能是 他能否在审判时为自己辩护
Incompetence goes to, can he help himself at trial?
要是他成功地让法官相信
And if he successfully convinces the judge
他变了个人
that it's not him, that it's a different person --
等等 你是...
Wait. Are you...
你是说他真有可能逃脱
Are you saying that he actually might get off?
我是说他可能连审判都免了
I'm saying that he may avoid having to go to trial altogether.
如果他用被治愈当挡箭牌
And if he avoids it on the grounds of being cured...
他可能会被释放
they might have to set him free.
什么
What?
不会到那一步的
It'll never come to that.
最坏的情况 他民事上也有罪
Worst case...we get him civilly committed.
是吗 让他住院
Oh, yeah, a hospital?
因为你们都知道那会有什么后果
'Cause you both know how that turns out.
所以我们需要你把他关进监狱
Which is why we need you to put him in prison.
我做不到
I can't.
卢
Lou.
你必须能
You have to.
你认识杀人狂布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德
You knew the Brady Hartsfield that killed those people.
在那个法庭上 不管是医生还是专家
Whatever doctors or experts that they parade in that courtroom,
他们都不认识以前的布雷迪
none of them knew the old Brady.
你认识
You did.
也就是说 唯一一个能在法庭上说
Which means that you are the only one in any position
他没变的人 就是你
to go into that court and say that he's still here.
我...
Can...
我能不能
Can I do it without...
不跟他在同一个房♥间里
being in the same room as him?
如果你要说现在的布雷迪
For you to be able to say that the new Brady
和之前的是同一个人
is the same as the old...
你就得跟现在的他接触一下
you have to spend some time with the new.
别无他法
There's no other way out of this.
我一直觉得 司法程序
You know, I've always regarded the judicial process
是一种
as being its own form of obscenity,
但看见它被这样利用
but to see it used like that...
你要跟辩方律师这么说吗
Are you gonna lay that obscenity on the defense attorneys?
天啊 这就开始了
Oh, Jesus. Here we go.
精神失常的死刑犯
Hey, criminally insane death-row inmates
一直都要用药
are medicated all the time
目的是确保他们能够撑到行刑那天
just to make them competent enough to be executed.
没有什么比这更变♥态♥的了
There's nothing more perverse than that.
是啊 但这次情况不一样
Yeah, but this isn't that.
不 这次相反
No, this would be the inverse.
我问你个问题
Let me ask you, okay? All right?
假设这个小脑肽改变了他的脑白质
Just suppose this Cerebellin drug lobotomizes him in a way
之前的布雷迪不复存在了
and the former Brady is no more.
是啊 但我不相信
Yeah, but I don't believe that to be the case.
我知道 但假设一下 就假设的确是这样的
I-I know, but let's suppose. Let's just suppose it is.
以前的布雷迪不在了 新的这个
So the old Brady is no more and the new one
在心理上和罪恶意图上和旧的都完全不同
bears no real psychological or culpable-intent resemblance.
你说的是 我应该去
So what you're suggesting is that I go
杀一堆人
and I murder a load of people
然后找医生开个处方 就完事了
and then I get a prescription filled out and we call it a day.
这样可不行
That is not what this is.
-是啊 -不不
- Yes, it is. - No. No, no, no.
比尔 他们趁他昏迷的时候拿他做试验
Billy, they experimented on him when he was in a coma.
他们给他动手术
They operated on him.
他们重构了科学怪人
They reverse-engineered Frankenstein,
的确存在这样一种可能性
and there's a real possibility
现在我们面前的这个人守法而且精神正常
that the person we have is a law-abiding, sane one.
那这就出现了一个问题
So it leaves us with the question --
我们要怎么处理这个人
what do we do with this man?
要拿其他人的罪行
Do we punish him for what is essentially
去惩罚他吗
the crimes of someone else?
-那不是其他人的罪行 -是 我知道
- It wasn't somebody else. - No, I know, I know.
我就是 假设一下
I'm just -- Just suppose -- Just suppose that that --
我...
I -- I...
也许我...
Maybe I -- I just...
也许我还是走了算了
Maybe I should just go.
我本来满心希望今晚能跟你一起
I really was looking forward to getting in beside you tonight.
什么
What?
我不能...
I can't. It's just...
比尔 我...
Billy, I...
我是说
I mean...
什么 你怎么了
What? Tell me. What is going on with you?
我都说我顿悟了
Told you I had an epiphany.
好吧
Okay.
是性方面的顿悟吗
Well, was -- was it a sexual epiphany?
别管了
Oh, for -- Never mind.
好吧 告诉我 什么 快说吧
All right, all right, tell me. What -- Go ahead.
好吧
Okay.
他去自首
When he turned himself in...
最开始 我真的很激动
...at first, I got really agitated.
我以为 是因为抓到他的人不是我
I figured it was because I was pissed off
我气不过
I wasn't the one who got him, okay?
之后 我开始好受一点了
And then after a bit, I started feeling a bit better.
我都没意识到
I mean, I didn't even realize,
但真的好多了
but actually really a lot better.
那种激动
You know, the agitation, I think,
应该是因为我不相信他被捕了
was because I didn't really trust that he'd been caught.
我觉得他在耍花招
I figured he was gaming it...
现在 看着发生的这些事
...which, like, now, seeing everything that's happened...
是啊
Yeah.
我的估计太对了
...pretty good assessment, I would say.
太准了
Pretty fucking accurate, if you ask me.
这就是你的顿悟
And so, um -- so, this -- this is the epiphany?
-不是 我还没讲到我的顿悟呢 -好吧
- No, I didn't get to the fucking epiphany yet. - All right, okay.
不好意思 说吧
All right, I'm sorry. Go ahead. Go.
讲给我听
Tell me.
我坐在监狱里
Anyway, I was sitting in jail...
我决定不掐死他之后
after I decided not to choke him...
突然意识到 他真的被捕了
...and it suddenly hit me that he really was caught.
板上钉钉地被捕了
I mean, caughtcaught.
终于都结束了
It was all finally over.
就像一吨♥砖块
Like a ton of bricks...
砸到我身上
just hit me.
然后
And...
我第一反应
my first thought...
是在家
was being home,
喂弗雷德 去棚子里
feeding Fred, going into the shed,
找出我之前的画 你还记得我的画吗
digging out me old paints -- Remember me old paints?
你上次画画是什么时候
When was the last time you painted?
我知道
I know.
你跟我说
And you said to me,
"布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德之后呢
"After Brady Hartsfield, what then?
你接下来对什么痴迷"
What's the next obsession?"
但那一刻
But, like, at that moment,
我想到他完蛋了
when the thought took hold of him being over,
我没有问自己
I didn't say to myself,
剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表