剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表
"接下来是谁 是什么案子"
"Okay, who's next? What's next?"
我一下子就想到我的画了
You know, my mind went, amazingly, to my fucking paints.
不会再有下一个了
There's not gonna be another one.
布雷迪就是最后一个
Brady was it.
我只是想完成任务
I -- I was just looking to finish a job, okay?
任务就是他
The job was him.
我退休之后就觉得自己空空如也
I felt like an empty sack of shit when I retired...
因为我很失败
...because I was a failure.
你知道我什么意思吧
You know what I mean?
但我没有完全崩溃
But...I'm not fundamentally damaged.
我饱受煎熬 但是...
I've been tormented, but...
那都是布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德给我的
torment pretty much limited to Brady Hartsfield.
他一完蛋 我就没事了
Once he's over, that's it.
我想说的是
I guess what I'm trying to say is there's --
我还有希望
there's hope for me yet, you know?
我就想
I-I just thought that...
这种希望的感觉
...that kind of sense of hope...
会
Would...
我会再次失手
Would get me in the sack again?
走运的话
With any luck.
是啊
Yeah.
就这样
That's it.
这就是我的顿悟
That's the epiphany.
不会再有下一个了 唐娜
There's not gonna be another one, Donna.
我想得很清楚
I can see this clear as day.
罪犯也有权利
比较哈茨菲尔德先生的外貌
If one was to compare Mr. Hartsfield's appearance,
解剖学特征 指纹 他是同一个人
anatomical features, fingerprints, he is the same.
我的研究团队找到了一些个案
My research team has identified some isolated cases
其中 病人在脑部手术之后
in which patients have experienced
出现了超同理心
hyper-empathy after brain surgery.
哈茨菲尔德先生通过名叫小脑肽的
Mr. Hartsfield's cognitive development materialized
新一代药物实现认知管理
through the administration of a next-gen drug called Cerebellin.
很明显 小脑肽
Well, it's clear that the Cerebellin
-直接影响了... -不可否认的是
- is directly affecting the -- - It is undeniable --
-我们的能力... -但是谨慎论证后
- ...that our ability to... - But after meticulous --
-...癫痫 -是什么定义了人性
-...for epilepsy... -...what defines our humanity...
这种药 它救了布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德
This drug, it saved Brady Hartsfield.
改变了他
It transformed him.
更重要的是 它能救下其他人
And, more importantly, it can save others.
今天庭审结束得这么早吗
Is court over for the day already?
我忍♥不了了
Ugh, couldn't take any more of it.
一名又一名医生说他变了个人
Doctor after doctor saying he's a changed man.
脑部的分子结构就是扯淡
The molecular structure of the brain bullshit.
无稽之谈
It's beyond lunacy.
就像你说的 我们早就在背离逻辑的路上
Well, like you say, we drove off the logic bridge
一去不返了
a long time ago.
听着 法官不会相信这一套的
Hey, look, the judge isn't gonna fall for this.
只能希望她不会了
We can only hope so.
艾达打过电♥话♥
Ida called.
凉亭快完工了 她想办一场
Um, the gazebo's almost finished and so she wants to have
"凉亭竣工在即"饮茶派对
a kind of a "Gazebo is almost finished"-warming tea party?
办完肯定能保证凉亭竣工
Well, that clinches it.
这个世界真是疯了
The world is totally fucking mad.
杀人狂魔即将获释
A mass killer stands to go free,
但我们去喝茶吧
but let's all go and have tea.
好像她觉得挺重要的
Well, it seemed important to her,
我们应该去
so I-I think we should go.
好
Okay.
蒙特兹怎么样了
So, how's Montez doing?
在尽力
Best he can.
我觉得一切都要看卢的了
I think this could all come down to Lou.
希望不是这样
Oh. I certainly hope not.
她的精神状态非常不好
I mean, she's not doing very well at all.
你得握住她的手 霍利
You're gonna have to hand-hold her, Holly.
只有她能告诉法庭
She's the only one who can tell the court
以前的哈茨菲尔德还在 只有她
that the old Hartsfield is still among us -- the only one.
但是她一想到跟他单独在一个房♥间里
I know, but the idea of being alone with him is --
所以需要你帮忙
Well, that's where you come in.
没人比你更清楚内心的焦虑了
No one knows anxiety from the inside like you.
我们得让她出庭作证
We have to get her into that courtroom.
你在狱中见到他的时候 他还是跟以前一样吗
Was he really the same when you were in jail with him?
他没变
I mean, he -- he was the same?
我觉得整体感觉不一样了
He didn't strike me as altogether the same,
但也不完全是换了个人
but not altogether different, either.
没变的部分够多的了 这一点我敢肯定
Enough the same, that's for sure.
这个请求可很不寻常 蒙特兹先生
That's an unusual request, Mr. Montez.
我知道 法官 但所有的法医精神病学家
I get that, Judge, but for all the forensic psychiatrists,
都不了解这个人之前是什么样 缺乏基础
none of them have foundation on the issue of changed man.
没人认识从前的布雷迪·哈茨菲尔德
None of them knew the old Brady Hartsfield.
但林克莱特小姐认识
Miss Linklatter did.
要比较新旧布雷迪
But in order to compare the old Brady to the so-called new one,
她得见见他
she's gonna have to meet him.
法官大人 这个女人显然会有偏见
Your Honor, this woman is obviously going to be biased.
她是梅赛德斯先生的受害者
I mean, she's a former victim of Mr. Mercedes.
法庭能够从司法角度了解到
The court can take judicial notice of her biases, her fears,
她与你的委托人相关的偏见 恐惧和创伤后遗症
her post-traumatic stress associated with your client.
你不能下令让被告
You simply cannot order a defendant
和原告的证人见面
to meet with a witness for the prosecution.
我当然能了 这是评估被告健康状况的听证会
Of course I can. This is a competency hearing.
每个给他做体♥检♥的医生
Every doctor who ran a test on him
都是潜在的原告方的证人
was potentially a prosecution witness.
而且 在开始考虑
Moreover, before I even begin to consider
让一个杀人狂免于服刑之前
letting a mass murderer off the legal hook,
每一条证据我都不能放过
I'm gonna consider every piece of evidence that I can.
谢谢 法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
他戴着脚镣手铐
He's shackled and handcuffed.
而且一直有监控盯着你们
And there will be a camera on at all times.
为什么不能让看守陪着
Why can't there be a guard in the room?
如果你想的话可以
There can be if you want one.
卢 如果你一个人去 让他坦白的可能性更大
Lou, we think you've a better shot at candor if you're alone.
卢 你能行的
Lou, you -- you can do this.
此区域有监控
探监者请注意 只讨论私事 禁止讨论狱中的事 保持坐姿不要站立
如果你觉得害怕 想让看守进去
And if you get scared and you want a guard to go in,
就用手碰头 这就是暗号♥
just touch your hand to your head, and that'll be the signal.
会有人进去帮你的
Someone will go in and help you.
我不明白
I don't un-- I don't understand
你们想让我做什么
what you're expecting me to do here.
进去 跟他说话
Just go in and talk to him...
看看会如何发展
see where it goes.
你可以的
You can do this.
我知道你能
I know you can.
我们应该对视
I s-suppose we should try and make eye contact.
我不想跟你对视
I don't want to look at you.
我真抱歉
I'm so sorry.
这么说你记得我
So you remember, then?
我记得看见我...
I have a memory of seeing it...
做那件事
of doing it.
我知道是这只手握着刀
I know it was this hand that...held the knife,
但这只手属于另一个人
but...it belonged to a different person.
你就骗吧 布雷迪
You're just scamming this, Brady.
别人肯定都这么想
I'm sure that's what people think.
而且我不在意
And I don't really care.
但我在意你怎么想
But I do care what you believe.
为什么
Why?
你变了 所以...
You're a changed person, so...
我们没关系了
we don't have a relationship.
我记得你
I remember you...
记得我们 我们说过的话
us, and the -- the talks we had...
我们...
...the way we, uh...
我们一起整罗比
剧集 | 梅赛德斯先生 | 导航列表