剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表
Hi, Mom. - Hang up the phone, please.
是关于我的案子吗
This concerns my case, right?
我稍后回电
I'll call you back.
我不喜欢你当着朱利安父亲的面
I did not appreciate you calling Lionel
把莱昂内尔说成“行走的危险信♥号♥♥”
a "walking red flag" in front of Julian's father.
那只是个法律术语
Okay, that's a legal term.
得了吧
Oh, please.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我那样说很不尊重人
It was disrespectful.
但莱昂内尔没资格对我们母女关系指手画脚
But Lionel does not get to talk about our relationship.
莱昂内尔是搞错了很多事
Yeah, well, Lionel's been wrong
但这件事他说得没错
about a lot of things, but not that.
你总是让我觉得自己一无是处
You make me feel small.
知道为什么
There's a reason
我宁愿不找我那位风光的
I didn't ask my big hotshot lawyer
大律师女儿帮忙吗
of a daughter for help.
尤其是在经历了上一次之后
Especially after the last time.
那我们先从这些催债函说起
Let's start with the collection notices.
不用了 都解决了
Oh, no need. All taken care of.
我给银行打了电♥话♥
I called the bank
谈妥了一个分期还款方案
and we worked out a payment plan.
你自己谈的
You did?
对 我自己谈的
Yes, I did.
噢 那就好
Oh. Glad it's sorted out.
对了 你跟你妈说你拿到CVS诉讼团队的位置了吗
Hey, did you tell your mom you got the CVS litigation spot?
如果我注定要在职场上输给谁 我选择输给...
If I have to be outgunned by anyone...
是朱利安帮的忙
Julian helped you.
他帮我安排了还款
Established a payment plan
没有让我丢脸
without embarrassing me
也没有看不起我
or belittling me.
不像你在这案子里做的 不像你♥爸♥在家里的做派
Like you've done in this case, like your father did at home.
你尽得他的真传
Like you learned how to do.
妈 我从来没意识到… - 你当然没意识到
Mom, I never realized... - Yeah,
因为你们父女俩整天就忙着
because you both were so busy
发号♥施令和收拾烂摊子
giving orders and fixing problems,
从来没人真正听过我说话
you never listened to me.
但莱昂内尔会听
Lionel listens to me.
开饭了
Dinner's ready.
好的 来了
Absolutely. Let's go.
你帮忙摆桌子了吗
Did you help set the dinner table?
摆了 - 乖 来吧小蔻
Yes. - Okay, good. Come on, Court.
闻起来真不错
Mmm, smells good.
我亲手做的
Cooked it myself.
你没事吧
Are you okay?
我在试着消化
I'm working on it.
谢了
Thank you.
所以 去听乔伊说话 就能让我感觉
So, listening to Joey is gonna make me feel what
不那么无地自容吗
less exposed?
不那么丢脸 - 我不知道
Less humiliated? - I don't know.
但你总不想错过他们父子第一次见面的时刻吧
But you don't want to miss the first time they meet, right?
我只是…信不过我自己
I just don't trust myself.
我 我想彻底放手 这样对阿尔菲最好
I-I want to stay out of it, for Alfie.
你觉得阿尔菲会不希望你也在场吗
You don't think Alfie would want you there?
在理想的情况下 当然希望
In a perfect world.
那就值得去尝试创造这种可能
Well, then it's worth a try.
但愿这能帮到我妈 也能帮到她的案子
Hoping it helps with my mom, and her case.
明早再跟你说
I'll talk to you in the morning.
好 晚安
Okay, bye.
谢谢你这么晚还愿意见我
Appreciate you coming over so late.
我不想再挨骂了
I don't want to be yelled at.
你说 我听着
You talk. I listen.
拜托了
Please.
我知道雇演员不对
Uh, look, I-I know using actors was wrong,
但我只是个小人物
but I'm the little guy, right?
我没有几百万资金做临床试验
I-I don't have millions to invest in clinical trials.
我有个大计划
But I had a big idea,
要是不赶紧行动
and if I didn't move quickly,
市场就被别人抢走了
someone was going to beat me to market.
所以我才需要资金把产品推向市场
So, I needed capital to get the product on the shelves.
视频里注明他们不是真患者了吗
Does it indicate in the video that they aren't real patients?
没有注明
Uh, no, it doesn't.
有人♥质♥疑过视频里的证词吗
Did anyone question the testimonials
那些证词 - 有 布拉德质疑过
in the video? - Yes. Brad did.
我在一次投资人午餐会上放了视频
I-I played the video at an investor luncheon,
之后布拉德发短♥信♥说 三号♥患者
and after, Brad texted me that one of the patients
演得太用力了
was really selling it hard,
问我这些证词是不是真的
asked me if the testimonials were all true.
反对 法官大人
Objection, Your Honor.
我这是第一次听说
This is the first I'm hearing of this.
那是你和你的客户之间的事 法官大人
That's between you and your client. Your Honor,
我请求将这些短♥信♥记录列为证据
I'd like to submit these text exchanges into evidence.
莱昂内尔 你能念一下吗
Lionel, can you read that for me?
"三号♥患者演得有点过了
"Patient number three was a little over- the- top.
她真是病人吗"
Is she a real patient?"
你的回复呢
And your reply?
"说得有道理
"You have a point.
我重新剪辑一下视频"
Let me recut the video."
为什么这么回复 - 你知道的
Why'd you say it like that? - Oh, you know,
这样既不承认也不否认
so I could neither confirm nor deny,
布拉德懂我的意思
which Brad knew.
他还回了个大拇指
Sent me that thumbs- up.
危险信♥号♥♥原则很明确
The red flag doctrine is clear.
当事人不能察觉欺诈迹象却视而不见
Parties cannot question fraud, close their eyes
事后再喊冤
and then cry foul.
即便莱昂内尔误导了布拉德
Even if Lionel misled Brad,
布拉德也难辞其咎
Brad is culpable, too.
我该为自己的行为负责
I want to take accountability for myself.
你说得对
You're right.
我之前确实只把你当成一个瘾君子
I did see you as just an addict.
因为…
Because...
当初毒品毁了艾莉的生活时…
...when drugs took over Ellie's life...
…我只能眼睁睁看着她消失
...I watched her disappear.
可实际上我根本不了解你
But I don't even know you,
把你当成一个麻烦
and treating you like you're a problem
而不是一个有血有肉的人…这样不对
and not a person--that's-that's not okay.
我不会这样对待客户
I wouldn't treat a client like that,
更不该这样对待你
and I shouldn't have done that to you.
谢谢你能这么说
Uh, I appreciate that.
你是哪里人
So, where are you from?
伊利市 宾夕法尼亚州
Uh, Erie, Pennsylvania.
我爸还在那住
Yeah, my pops is still there.
我妈也有她自己的问题 所以…家里情况比较复杂
My mom has her own troubles, so it's- it's complicated.
嗯
Yeah.
不过我姐姐人很好
My sister's cool, though.
她叫什么名字 - 劳拉
What's her name? - Laura.
她算是我们家的骄傲
She's, like, the golden child.
你知道 就是那个没走歪路的孩子
You know, the one that's not a waste.
我在康复中心的时候 我们又联♥系♥上了
You know? We reconnected while I was in rehab.
她是老师 有孩子 特别聪明
Yeah, she's a teacher, has kids. Super smart.
你们小时候关系好吗 - 好啊
Were you close when you were growing up? - Oh, yeah.
我14岁之前我们都特别好
Yeah, until I was 14.
我一心玩音乐 结果跟错了人
I wanted to play music, I got mixed up with the wrong crowd.
你懂的
Well, you know.
你和艾莉就是这么认识的吗 因为音乐
Is that how you met Ellie- - through music?
对
Yeah.
我当时组了个乐队 弹吉他
Yeah, I was in a band. I play the guitar.
哦
Oh.
对了 很抱歉我之前说
Look, I'm sorry about what I said,
说你是"推土机"… - 没事
about you being a bulldozer... - No, it's all right.
我和我女儿的关系一直挺紧张的
Yeah, my daughter and I had a rocky relationship.
你应该都听说了吧
剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表