剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表
is different than encouraging the sin, we got a shot.
这事只有你能办成 帕特
Well, if anyone can do it, you can, Pat. I mean...
神父
...Father.
抱歉 还是不太习惯
Sorry, still so weird
把你当作别的身份
to think of you as anything other than...
冷血凯西
Cutthroat Cassidy?
刽子手帕迪 我以前的绰号♥
Hangman Paddy? I had a long list
可多了
of nicknames in my former life.
我本来想说 合伙人
I was going to say the partner
指导我通过首次道伯特听证会的合伙人
who coached me through my first Daubert hearing.
永远记得你告诉我你要离开那天
Never forget when you told me you were leaving.
为魔鬼工作了二十年
Well, 20 years working for the Devil,
我想该为上帝试试了
I figured I'd give God a try.
所以我现在成魔鬼了
Oh, so I'm the Devil now?
没想到你会回来
I didn't think you'd be back
伊娃来电
你那次离职这么潇洒
after that big Jerry Maguire exit.
很乐意过来提供案件咨♥询♥
Happy to pop by for a case consult.
或者快速驱魔
Or a quick exorcism.
那为我在大佬面前
Well, put in a word for me
美言几句 凯西
with the Big Guy, Cassidy.
别担心 他早就听过你大名了
Don't worry, He's heard all about you.
当心你结交的人
Be careful of the company you keep.
这家伙 伊娃
This guy. Eva.
我不是和伊娃合作 是和修女合作
Not working with Eva. Working with nuns.
你很久前告诉过我
You told me a long time ago
上司请帮忙时一定要答应
to always say yes when the higher-ups ask for a favor.
小心点给我打电♥话♥
Careful calling me.
老爷子刚来过我办公室 - 坏消息
Senior was in my office. - Bad news.
肯特·多德森离开迈阿密分部去了拉玛奥尔森
Kent Dodson left the Miami office for Lamar and Olson,
我们少了一票
which means we are down a vote.
糟了 - 是的
Oh, no. - Oh, yeah.
我过去一周都在其他办公室活动
I spent the last week shaking trees in other offices,
但没人可争取了
but there's no one left to approach.
你能在纽约再争取一票吗
Can you get one more in New York?
说实话 我不知道能不能办到
Honestly, I don't know if I can.
说真的 你的演示稿简直绝了
Honestly? The presentation's incredible.
我马上要签下隐识方案公♥司♥了
I'm going to land Incognity Solutions as a client.
我现在特别兴奋
And I am totally excited about that,
尽管这家公♥司♥两年后
even though the company is going to eliminate my job
就会让我失业
in two years.
所以我总对我的智能助手说好话
Reason I always sweet-talk my Alexa.
得在机器人崛起之前
Got to stay on good terms with the bots
和它们搞好关系
before the robot uprising.
就是 这里怎么没人懂这个道理
Exactly. Why does no one else here understand that?
我这六年都一直在讨好我的助手
I've been sucking up to mine for the last six years.
你该不会要在这里见隐识方案的人吧
You're not meeting Incognity here, are you?
你觉得我的办公室不够气派
You don't find my office impressive?
我的意思是 - 我去他们公♥司♥ 还有
I mean... - I'm going to them. And yes,
回答你下一个问题 你可以来
to your next question, you can come
趁我们开会时整理我办公室
while we're meeting and reorganize my office.
除非那时候
Unless... you are replaced
你已经被机器人取代了
by then by the robots.
机器人可没我这种色彩分类能力
Even robots can't color-code like I can.
你看着跟我心情一样糟 孩子 没事吧
You look how I feel, son. You okay?
我在赶那位神父律师要的文件审阅
Oh, I'm just trying to get this doc review done
就是那位退休荣誉神父律师
for the priest-lawyer-emeritus guy.
准备好上庭了吗
Ready for court?
好了 准备好了 头儿
Yeah. Ready, boss.
电梯口见 - 好
We'll meet you at the elevator. - Yeah.
我们丢了一票 得想办法再找一票
We lost a vote. Somehow, we have to find another.
这问题很严重
It's a huge problem.
说真的 我本不想反对修道院
Trust me, I didn't want to have to organize against a convent.
我是个基♥督♥徒
I'm a Christian.
我孩子还参加圣诞剧演出
My kids are in the Christmas pageant.
是什么让你改变主意
And what changed your mind?
八月十七日
August 17.
我当时和一年级的孩子在户外
I was outside with my first grader.
你就是那时拍的视频吗
Is that when you took this video?
不 不 不要
No! No. No...
是的
Yes.
放开我 放开我 - 我原以为是偶发事件
No, let me go! Let me go! - I thought it was random,
现在才知道他们纵容这种行为
but now I know that they are condoning this behavior,
吸引吸毒者
attracting users...
法官大人 这是故意煽动情绪
Your Honor, this is deliberately inflammatory.
我请求立即颁发保护令
I move for an immediate protective order
封存这份证据 - 依据是什么
placing this exhibit under seal. - On what grounds?
这就是现实 减害计划不是
This is what's happening. Harm reduction isn't
圣歌♥低回 静默祈祷
gentle hymns, quiet prayers.
是药物过量 是鲜血
It's overdoses, it's blood
呕吐物和针头
and vomit and needles.
是瘾君子突然狂暴发作
It's addicts flying into violent rages
因为纳洛酮夺走了他们的快♥感♥
because Narcan ripped away their high.
这就是它的真实面貌
This is what it looks like.
你还好吗
Are you okay?
亲眼看到那个画面
Seeing that? Watching that?
不 我不好
No, I'm not.
所以我才让你待在家里
Which is why I told you to stay home.
看来我确实该听你的
Well, clearly, I should have.
我也不知道自己为什么没听
And I don't know why I didn't.
其实我知道原因
Actually, that's not true.
是我自己上了瘾
It's my own addiction.
执着于修补这一切 修补我们的关系
To fixing this. Us.
我们需要些空间
We need some space.
就当这是情感减害吧
Let's call it harm reduction.
一周之后
总教区要驱逐我们
The archdiocese is evicting us?
他们拿视频说事
They referenced the video
还有纽约纪事报那两篇
and the two New York Ledger articles about
教堂门口吸毒过量的报道
the OD in front of the church.
恶习:
修道院沦为
吸毒场所
我正在向罗马圣轮法♥院♥上诉
I'm appealing to the Church's highest court, the Roman Rota,
但你们能赢民事诉讼的话
but they're more likely to agree to hear the case
他们更可能受理
if you win this civil suit.
但民事诉讼又需要教会批准
And the civil suit needs the Church's sign-off.
真是死循环
Quite the artisanal pickle.
我们继续推进
We just have to push forward
这周开庭时
when we present our case this week
重点展示你们为社区的善行
and focus on all the good works you do for the community.
施粥所得关了
We had to shut down the soup kitchen.
人都进不来了
Nobody can get through.
他们现在连施舍食物都要管
Now they're actually keeping you from feeding people?
主宽恕他们吧 他们不知道自己在做什么
Forgive them, Father, for they know not what they do.
你们真不生气
Uh, you're really not angry?
我们的怒火要留给凯蒂佩里之流
We reserve our anger for the likes of Katy Perry.
歌♥手Katy Perry与修女会因房♥产买♥♥卖♥♥引发法律及价值观的常年冲突
2018年一位反对出♥售♥的修女 Sister Catherine 在法庭听证会中晕倒并去世
他们被恐惧而非爱驱使
They're letting fear lead instead of love,
我们不原谅他们 不就和他们一样了
and if we don't forgive them, we're doing the same thing.
玛蒂去哪了
Where's Matty, by the way?
舒尔茨是个权力控
Shultz is a power grabber,
但他正在争取美国钢铁公♥司♥
but he's trying to land U.S. Steel,
可能不会赞成罢免老爷子
so he might not vote to oust Senior
怕让律所不稳定
because it'll make the firm seem unstable.
你觉得呢
What do you think?
我在想 你要是把这一周休假
I think if this week at home
延长到两周
is going to extend to two weeks,
好歹帮忙做做饭
you should help out with some meal prep.
可是 - 别又来这一套
But... - And don't do that thing
装做什么都不会
where you pretend that you're incompetent,
等我受不了 最后活全归我
I get frustrated and then I do the whole thing myself.
还是你懂我
I appreciate how you see me.
剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表