剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表
所以得提前一小时下班
so I have to leave work about an hour or so early.
没问题 我帮你打掩护 - 谢了
No problem. I'll cover for you. - Thanks.
纯属好奇问一句
So just out of curiosity,
这孩子要占用多少工作时间
how much time is this baby gonna take up?
不是 说真的
No, genuinely.
我想做个称职的搭档
I want to be a good partner in this.
我会在共享日历上新增颜色标记
I'm gonna add a new color to our shared calendar.
打算用绿色
I'm thinking green,
因为婴儿长得像外星人
because babies look and act like little aliens.
想得真周到
Very considerate.
具体我也不太确定
I'm actually not sure.
产检每月可能几小时
Maybe a couple hours a month for prenatal appointments?
简单 那生完之后呢
Easy. And post-birth?
"生完"是指"这辈子"吗
"Post-birth" meaning "life"?
你是在问养孩子要花多少时间
Are you asking how much time will my child take up?
别闹 你怎么可能知道
Don't be silly. How would you know that?
就...
Just...
大概呢
Approximately?
等孩子出生再说行吗
Can we check in after the baby is born?
没问题
No problem.
说实话 我对这次产检还挺期待的
You know, I'm actually getting pretty excited for the sonogram.
等第一次见到宝宝 可能才真正有实感
I think when I see the baby for the first time, it's actually gonna... feel real.
是啊
Yeah.
这枚硬币也很有来历
And this coin has a great story to it.
圣菲洛米娜是婴儿的主保圣人
Santa Philomena is the patron saint of infants and babies,
是我外婆德尔菲娜在古巴求来的
and my abuela Delfina had it in Cuba.
我母亲生产时她一直握着
And she held it when my mom gave birth,
祈祷能抱上孙子 - 我就在想
just praying for a grandson. - Just wondering,
这段家族史要计入育儿工时吗
does this count as the baby hours?
该去法庭了
Let's get to court.
法官大人
Your Honor,
在陪审团入席之前
before the jury is seated,
我动议排除格洛丽亚·鲁索的证词
I move to exclude Gloria Russo's testimony.
什么 - 尽管值得同情
What? - While sympathetic,
但这与案件的法律要件无关
it has no bearing on the legal merits of this case.
对方律师试图将泛滥的同情心
Opposing counsel is trying to bootstrap
强加于微不足道的事实之上
a mountain of emotion to a molehill of facts.
强加 法官大人
Bootstrapping? Your Honor,
格洛丽亚·鲁索是我们的主要证人
Gloria Russo is our principal witness
也是受害者的遗孀
and the victim's widow.
而劳伦斯律师很清楚
And as Counselor Lawrence knows,
精神损害和伴侣关系损失
emotional damages and loss of consortium
在纽约州非正常死亡诉讼中不予赔偿
are not compensable under New York law in a wrongful death lawsuit.
但纽约州法律允许陪审团考量
But New York law does allow the jury to consider
我方当事人承受的经济损失
the economic damages my client has suffered.
我愿意就所有经济损失达成协议
And I am willing to stipulate to all of it.
早餐华夫饼 周日按♥摩♥
The waffles, the Sunday back rubs
她看医生的打车费
the Uber she takes to the doctor,
维修工处理的杂活
the handyman covering the honey-dos.
协议 协议 统统可以协议
Stipulate, stipulate, stip-u-late.
但我不能同意的是
What I'm not willing to stipulate to
是过度情绪会干扰对经济损失的公正评估
is the heightened emotion that will distort the economic damages.
因为那将使证词更具误导性 而非证明性
Because that is when it becomes more prejudicial than probative.
对方这是要剥夺她发声的权利
He is trying to take away her voice.
法官大人 请您不要——
Your Honor, please do not--
鲁索夫人的证词予以排除
Mrs. Russo's testimony will be excluded.
我连谈谈弗兰克都不行吗
I can't talk about Frank?
听说我们失去了案件的焦点人物
Heard we lost the face of the case
以及听弗兰克遗言的机会
and our entry point to hearing Frank's last words.
得重新定策略
Figured we'd be regrouping.
对不起我对你发火了
那个“深呼吸一下”听起来挺不错
我会试试的
来自阿菲尔
告诉我你找到了有利判例
Tell me you found precedent.
有没有申请重审的依据
Anything for a motion to reconsider?
好吧 那我们就转变策略
Okay, then we pivot.
从受害者转向加害者
From victim to villain.
这思路没错
Sounds about right.
既然博取不了同情 那就点燃他们的怒火
If we can't make the jury sad, make 'em mad.
将他们的怒火引导至
And funnel their anger
争取最高法定赔偿金 正是如此
into the maximum allowable damages, exactly.
莎拉 比利 去和员工谈谈
Sarah, Billy, talk to the employees.
看能否挖出
See if they'll give you any dirt
阿诺德·马德森洪水当天的所作所为
on Arnold Madsen's actions the day of the flood.
我们试过了
We already tried.
没人敢开口
No one will talk.
没人敢开口
No one will talk...
暂时而已
yet.
如果面对确凿证据...
If confronted with evidence...
最薄弱环节
The weakest link?
正是
Exactly.
我们这些跟不上你们思路的人
for those of us outside of your mind meld...
我们手上有从证据开示里拿到的
Well, we have Madsen's emails
马德森的邮件
from discovery.
他说了些诋毁弗兰克的恶毒言论
He said some awful mean things about Frank.
那就把这些邮件给他同事看
So we show 'em to his coworkers.
让他们看到老板如何冷血地
Reading how callous their boss was
对待他们爱戴的同事 或许能说服
about their beloved colleague might convince
至少一个人站出来作证
at least one person to come forward.
去仔细查阅邮件 找出最具杀伤力的内容
Go search through the emails and find the most damning ones,
我来负责证明工厂违反了
while I establish that the factory breached
注意义务
their duty of care.
来吧 玛蒂
Come on, Matty.
抱歉莎拉
Oh, I'm sorry, Sarah.
我今天下午已经有安排了
I actually have an appointment this afternoon.
既然没人登记日程
Why did I even bother making a shared calendar
我做共享日历还有什么意义
if no one enters their appointments?
而且你的B超没标绿色
And your sonogram wasn't in green.
今天做B超吗 比利
Your sonogram's today, Billy?
真为你高兴
That's so exciting.
所有指标都在理想范围内
Everything's measuring right where we want it to be.
必须的
Damn straight.
我严格遵医嘱
I've been doing all the things,
叶酸维生素一样没落
prenatal vitamins, folic acid.
我开始想名字了
It's also got me thinking about names.
得起个独特的 对吧
I want something original, right?
比如...
What about...
叶酸·金斯顿
Folic Acid Kingston?
你不是说真的吧 - 其实
You're not serious. - Actually,
叫"叶酸酸"更好
Acid Folic.
"叶酸酸"超带劲
"Acid Folic" is badass.
什么…… - 开玩笑的啦
What... - Of course I'm not serious.
你居然当真了……
And the fact that you thought I was...
给你们一点私人空间
I'll give you guys a minute.
好
Yes.
烦死你了
I hate you.
你明明爱我的
You love me.
是爱你
I do.
特别爱
So much.
现在相信我真的戒毒了吧?
Now do you believe I'm sober?
这次是真的戒了
Because I am.
而且我会一直坚持下去
And I'm gonna stay that way.
我终于有坚持下去的理由了
I finally have a reason.
我唯一的愿望
All I want.
我想好宝宝派对在哪里办了
I decided where I'm gonna have my baby shower.
先别急着反对
Just keep an open mind.
当心 黛布拉
Oh. Careful, Debra.
放轻松
Don't be nervous.
医生有手术刀
Doctors have scalpels,
我也有这款神奇粉底液
and I have this magic foundation
是我独家化学配方的
which I chemically formulated myself.
剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表