剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表
You okay?
你们俩唱得太棒了
You two were amazing.
我都不自觉地站起来了
I actually got out of my chair.
谢谢夸奖
Well, thank you.
这算是...我们的重聚演出
It was, uh, kind of a reunion tour of sorts.
你们怎么认识的
Wait, how do you know each other?
说来有趣
Well, it's a funny story.
我们在澳洲认识 当时我前夫正在推销
We met in Australia when my ex-husband was
分时度假房♥产 而黛布拉当时和...
hawking time-shares, and Debra here was with, uh...
注:分时度假屋是一种常与高压销♥售♥、冲动消费挂钩的商业模式
哎呀
Oh, gosh.
我刚接到电♥话♥
I just got a call.
罗杰·伦纳德去世了
Roger Leonard died.
他倒不是什么名人
Oh, he's not famous or anything,
但几年前我帮他妻子办过葬礼
but I did his wife's funeral a couple of years ago,
得给他儿子打个电♥话♥
so I should, um, call his son
看看能不能揽点生意
and see if I can drum up some business.
真不巧
Well, shoot, now.
不留下来再唱一首吗
You don't want to stay and do another song?
是啊
Yeah.
我也希望
I wish.
但开棺葬礼的关键在于及时防腐
But the key to open-casket funerals is timely embalming.
明天联♥系♥你
I'll text you tomorrow.
好的 -再见
Okay. - Bye.
这下可好 白忙一场
Well, that was a bust.
马德森那边情况如何
How did it go with Madsen?
不太妙
Not great.
原来他是回家照顾生病的孩子
Turns out he went home to help his sick child.
我没经历过丧子之痛
I've never lost a kid before, obviously.
但我父亲去世时
But when my dad died,
我以为自己能硬扛过去
I thought I could, you know, gut it out,
继续往前冲
keep pushing ahead.
因为这就是我的超能力 对吧 像你一样
Because that is my superpower, right? Like you?
我们都很擅长工作
How we're good at our jobs.
但面对父亲...
But with my dad...
我做不到
I couldn't.
这感觉像是越过了情感界限
This feels like crossing emotional boundaries.
我们在合作办案 但这影响了工作 仅此而已
We're working together and it's affecting the work, that's all.
总之
Anyway.
心理咨♥询♥帮了我
Therapy helped me.
心理咨♥询♥ 天啊
Therapy. Oh, God.
心理咨♥询♥
Therapy.
我这把年纪
At my age?
相信我
Trust me,
我参加过的戒瘾十二步课程
I've sat through enough 12-step programs
够我熬三辈子了
to last three lifetimes.
我做过无畏的道德自省
I've taken fearless moral inventories.
参加过康复中心的团体治疗
I've attended group sessions in rehab.
你刚说什么
What did you just say?
康复中心的团体治疗 - 不是这句
Group therapy in rehab. - No.
道德“清单”
Moral inventory.
等等
Hold on.
你觉得呢
What do you think?
你联♥系♥霍奇斯先生
I think you ought to call Mr. Hodges,
我来联♥系♥他母亲
and I'll call his mama.
一年
One year.
充其量 弗兰克在温德汉姆也只能再干这么久
Max. That's all the time Frank Russo had left at Windham.
很遗憾 - 作为他的主管
Unfortunately. - And as his supervisor,
你确定不会延长他的聘用期吗
you're certain you wouldn't have kept him longer?
老实说 我已经尽可能留用他了
Honestly, I kept him as long as I could,
但他工作效率越来越低
but he was slowing down,
无法完成所有岗位要求 - 反对
couldn't perform all his job requirements. - Objection.
这除了年龄歧视外没有任何证据支持
There is no evidence of anything here but age discrimination.
如果劳伦斯律师需要证据
If Ms. Lawrence wants evidence,
我们很乐意提供
we're more than happy to provide it.
我请求出示
I'd like to introduce
员工手册第19页
page 19 of the employee handbook.
鲁索先生的岗位描述
Mr. Russo's job description.
马德森先生
Mr. Madsen
鲁索先生无法完成哪些具体岗位要求
Which job requirements could Mr. Russo no longer perform?
"机械操作工必须能举起超过50磅的重物"
"A machinist must be able to lift in excess of 50 pounds."
弗兰克已经73岁了 他肯定做不到
Frank was pushing 73 years old. He definitely couldn't do that.
我担心这对他本人很危险
I was worried that it would be a danger to him,
更不用说对其他同事了
not to mention his coworkers.
感谢澄清 没有其他问题了
Thank you for clarifying. No further questions.
请求再次质询
Recross, if I may?
你刚作证说弗兰克·鲁索
Your contention is that Frank Russo was
无法举起50磅重物
unable to lift 50 pounds?
我是说 他确实腿脚不便
I mean, yeah, he had a limp.
那么工厂应急用的沙袋
And how many pounds were the sandbags used to protect the factory
是多少磅重的
in case of emergency?
我不知道
I don't know.
请翻到员工手册附录C
Allow me to direct you to Appendix C of your employee manual.
请读第28行
Please read line 28.
"三托盘60磅重的沙袋"
"Three pallets of 60-pound sandbags."
所以每个沙袋重60磅
So, they weighed 60 pounds each?
手册是这么写的
That's what the manual says.
法官大人 我请求提交一段录音作为质疑证据
Your Honor, I have some audio I'd like to introduce as impeachment evidence.
它将证明弗兰克·鲁索完全有能力
It will prove that Frank Russo was capable
举起超过50磅的重物
of lifting more than 50 pounds.
反对 - 反对什么
Objection! - To what?
马德森先生刚刚作证
Mr. Madsen just testified
说弗兰克·鲁索未来的工作前景
that Frank Russo's future work prospects
受限于他的承重能力
were limited by his inability to lift.
而霍奇斯先生已经明确表示
And Mr. Hodges has made it very clear
我们当事人的职业寿命
that our client's career longevity
直接关系到损害赔偿金额计算
is directly material to the issues of damages.
反对无效 允许播放录音
Overruled. I'll allow the audio.
亲爱的
Hey, sweetheart.
我只是...想告诉你我很安全
I just, uh... I just wanted you to know that I'm safe.
多希望现在能陪在你身边
I wish I could be home with you right now,
但贸然离开实在不安全
but it just doesn't feel safe to leave.
亲爱的
Hey, you...
还记得我们刚搬进第一个家时
you remember that time we moved into our first house
刚插上唱片机电源
and as soon as we plugged in the record player,
就停电了吗
the power went out?
你点上蜡烛 用最糟的麦卡特尼嗓音唱歌♥
You lit candles and did your worst McCartney.
注:保罗·麦卡特尼 披头士乐队主唱之一
我们跳了整晚的舞
We danced all night.
多希望能...多希望能再与你
I wish I could... I wish I could be there
共舞一曲
for one more dance with you.
水还在往里灌 但我已经
The water's still coming in, but I've, uh,
我堆了些沙袋挡着
I've stacked sandbags...
我得挂了
I-I got to go.
得再去堆些沙袋 但听着
I-I got to go stack some more, but listen.
万一这是我们
Listen, if this is the last chance
最后一次通话
I get to talk to you,
有句话必须告诉你
I need you to know
能成为你的丈夫
being your husband
是我这辈子最大的荣幸
has been the honor of my life.
律师
Counselor.
再谈一次和解?
One more time at the settlement table?
除非金额足够惊人
Only if it's a really big number.
大到能让你母亲吓一跳的那种
The kind that'll knock your mama out.
五十万美元
Half a million dollars.
对方律师刚刚提出的金额
That's what Remy just offered.
我们让他们看到了弗兰克
We showed them how much more
为工厂付出了多少
Frank had to give to the workforce.
以及他对你意味着什么
And what he meant to you.
他的声音被听见了
His voice was heard.
现在我只想学会
N ow I-I just need to figure out
如何度过没有挚爱的余生
剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表