剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
没问题
Absolutely.
随时找我
I'm here.
我找到了一些中国能帮助米切尔获释的手段
I guess I can see cards that China could play
但我找不出他们这么做的理由
to get Mitchell freed, I just can't see why they'd play them.
特别是他在北♥京♥奥♥运♥会期间写了
Particularly since he wrote some unflattering stories
一些不怎么讨喜的报道 被驱逐出中国
around the Beijing Olympics and was asked to leave the country.
我找到了 还记得苏丹
Here's something. Remember when
曾经想在阿比耶伊开采石油吗
Sudan was trying to develop the oil field in Abyei?
记得 禁令让他们没法获得
Yeah. The sanctions were keeping them from getting
他们所需的钻头技术
the drill bit technology they needed.
但是 一年之后
But, then a year later,
他们奇迹般地自己开♥发♥出来了
they miraculously developed it themselves.
我猜然后石油就卖♥♥给中国了
And the oil went to China, I presume?
没错
Correct.
我一直以为中国秘密地
We always thought that China had secretly given them
给了他们采油的技术
the technology to get at the oil,
但我们可能永远也证明不了
but we could just never prove it definitively.
也许科林·米切尔证明了
What if Colin Mitchell could?
你什么意思
What do you mean?
看看事件的时间线
Look at the timeline.
一个顽固的记者在油田被发现后的
A dogged investigative journalist parachutes in
几个月后去了那里
a few months after the oil field was discovered.
所有其他的记者都在
All the other journos
访问达富尔的难民营
were visiting refugee camps in Darfur.
科林被捕时却身在阿比耶伊
Colin was in Abyei when he was arrested.
犯了间谍罪
Locked up for espionage,
他的手提电脑被毁
his laptop destroyed,
此后基本上就被单独监禁
and basically held incommunicado ever since.
难道中国是
Are we saying that
他被监禁的幕后黑手吗
China might be behind his imprisonment?
他们肯定可以让苏丹政♥府♥这样做
They could definitely lean on Khartoum to do that.
中国与科林的家人联♥系♥
China wasn't checking in on Colin Mitchell's family
并非出于好心
out of the kindness of their hearts,
而是试图搞清楚
they were digging
他们是否知道他在调查的事情
to find out if they knew what he'd been up to.
看来要让他获释
Looks like the road
的确得通过中国
to his release really does go through Beijing.
只是不是我们想的那样
Just not in the way we thought.
马特 早上好
Morning, Matt.
请坐
Sit down.
你了解科林·米切尔案件
Are you up to speed
的最新进展了吗
with the latest developments on the Colin Mitchell case?
我听说我们怀疑中国可能指使了这起逮捕
I heard we suspected China might be behind the arrest.
没错
Yeah.
只是"可能"而已
"Might be."
情报组织
The intelligence community
只能匆忙调查
had to do a rush job,
但他们最好的估计
but their best estimate
是科林·米切尔当时正在报道
is that Colin Mitchell was reporting on the Chinese efforts
中国规避禁令的行为 所以中国向苏丹施压
to circumvent sanctions, so China leaned on Sudan
将他逮捕并不让他报道
to have him arrested and silenced.
国务卿与中国和苏丹联♥系♥过了
The secretary spoke with both China and Sudan.
他们都否认此事
They deny it.
既然中国并没有被人抓到把柄
So, now that there's no upside to carrying China's water,
苏丹就想要逼我们做出他们想要的让步
Sudan's trying to squeeze us for concessions they haven't earned.
而同时
And meanwhile,
他的家人几小时之后就要开新闻发布会了
his family's press conference is just a few hours away.
所以我们才需要你
So that's where you come in.
我们在拯救科林·米切尔的过程中
The only play we have left
唯一没做的事情
to save Colin Mitchell is to take control
就是控制舆♥论♥
of the narrative.
总之
In short,
我们需要做一个演讲
we need a speech.
让米切尔一家站在我身边
So, with the Mitchell family at my side,
我需要让大家知道他的处境
I need to shine a light on his treatment,
并向中国和苏丹政♥府♥施压
and put pressure on both Beijing
敦促他们立即释放他
and Khartoum to release him immediately.
但如果这办法不管用 那么美国就会
But if it doesn't work, then the administration
在国内外丢尽颜面
looks feckless at home and abroad,
这名英雄记者
and we own the death
也会因此丧命
of a hero journalist.
所以这演讲必须成功
So it has to work.
你能做得到吗
Can you do that?
今天就写
Today.
没问题
Absolutely.
我死定了
Oh, I am so screwed.
怎么了
What's wrong?
没灵感
Writer's block.
你试过听你的歌♥了吗
Did you try your song?
我什么都试过了
Oh, I tried everything.
你最好找到灵感
Well, you better get unblocked.
国务卿三个小时之后就需要你的稿子
The secretary needs that speech in, like, three hours.
我知道 你以为我不知道吗
I know. You don't think I know that?
科林·米切尔
I mean, Colin Mitchell
是个英雄
is a hero.
走遍世界 直言权贵
Traveling the world, speaking truth to power.
而我 我的一生做了什么
Meanwhile, w-what have I done with my life?
一个人正在苏丹的监狱里等死
A man is dying in a Sudanese prison
而你却抱怨你的生活
and you're making this about you?
对
Yes!
这是我的写作过程
That's my process.
我得与我的对象产生共鸣才能写作
I identify with my subject so I can write about my subject.
你找别的地方进行你的过程好吗
Well, go have your process someplace else, okay?
我有自己的问题要处理
I have problems of my own.
你没事吧
Are you okay?
我怀孕了
I'm pregnant, is what I am.
爸爸是谁
D-Do, uh, who's the dad?
希望是我
I wish it were me.
我不是希望我们还在一起
Not because I wish we were still together, but because
我只是希望每天
then I'd start every day
都能为一个重大目标而奋斗
with a worthy purpose.
你明白吗
You know?
我出门工作
"I got to go out there,
摆平事情
"Get things done.
黛西怀着我的孩子
Daisy and I have a baby."
真是不可思议
Unbelievable.
你还是只想着你自己
Now you're making this about you, too?
-别这样 -你赶紧滚
- Oh, come on. - You know what, go.
-什么 -快出去 出去
- What? - Come on, get out.
黛西 黛... 我就说一句话
Daisy. Da... Can I just say one thing?
无论孩子的爸爸是谁 他都很幸运
Whoever he is, he's a lucky guy.
但更重要的是
But even more importantly,
这孩子是个幸运的孩子
that baby is a lucky guy.
我觉得会是个男孩
I feel like he's a guy, by the way.
因为他将拥有
'Cause he is going to have
世界上最好的妈妈
the best mom in the whole world.
谢谢 马特
Thanks, Matt.
快走吧 找到你的灵感 好吗
Now go. Get inspired, okay?
有人指望着你呢
People are counting on you.
好的
Right.
议员 这位是马特·马奥尼
Congressman, this is Matt Mahoney,
麦考德国务卿的讲稿撰写人
Secretary McCord's speechwriter.
马奥尼先生 很高兴见到您
Mr. Mahoney, pleasure.
谢谢您在临时通知的情况下
Thank you for taking the time
抽空见我 先生
to see me on such short notice, sir.
鉴于目前的情势 这是我唯一能做的了
Given the circumstances, it's the least I can do.
请坐
Please, take a seat.
所以你想为科林·米切尔
So you want to write a speech about,
写一篇讲稿
uh, Colin Mitchell.
是的 你手上的任何信息
Yes, and any information you might have
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表