剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
a message to China but to the Evans campaign as well.
让他们知道即便你已经作为独♥立♥竞选人竞选
Show that just because you're running as an independent,
在国防上你也依然强硬
you haven't gone soft on defense.
这确实是埃文斯一直攻击你的地方
Which is something that Evans is always going on about.
是啊 这样的攻击出自于
Yeah. Pretty rich coming from a guy who hasn't seen
一个连征兵营都没去过的家伙
the inside of a recruitment center,
更不用说战区了
much less a combat zone.
我们都用自己的方式服务我们的国家
Well, we all serve in our own way.
没错 你曾经荣耀地为国出征
Yes. And you served with honor.
如果你能重新造访
I mean, if you were to revisit
-你的老战友... -我不会
- some of your old... - I'm not trading
利用我的兵役生涯来为选举加分
on my military service for the damn election.
当然不会
Of course not.
不过 贝丝说得很有道理
Still, Bess makes a good point.
中国在向我们施压
China's pushing us.
我们得反击
We need to push back.
就去越南吧
The trip's on.
先到这吧
That'll be all.
-谢谢 总统先生 -是 总统先生
- Thank you, sir. - Yes, sir.
总统先生 我听说了
Mr. President, I'd heard wonderful things
胡志明市
你们国家的重大进展
about the progress your country has made,
但那些报告百闻不如一见
but those reports pale in comparison to seeing it firsthand.
谢谢 总统先生
Thank you, Mr. President.
我们觉得你会更有兴趣
We felt you would be more interested
游览胡志明市
to see Ho Chi Minh City,
比起首都来说 更能回忆起
which you would remember from your youth,
你的年轻岁月
than the capital.
如果在我20岁还是个中尉的时候
If you had told me when I was a 20-year-old lieutenant
你告诉我我会当上总统
that all these years later, this is where I'd be,
我可能会跟你说你疯了
I'd have told you you're crazy.
如果你告诉我我能从战火中幸存下来
If you had told me that I would even survive the war,
我也会说你疯了
I would have told you you were crazy.
看看他们 闲逛畅聊
Look at them, strolling and chatting.
你可想象不到他们曾互相交战
You'd never guess they fought a war against each other.
我们的国家都走过了漫长的道路
Well, our countries have come a long way.
是啊 但目前为止可没有美国总统
Yes, but not so far that the President of the United States
就只是过来打招呼的
just drops by to say hello.
再次抱歉没有提前通知
Again, I do apologize for the short notice.
不用 这是我们的荣幸
No, it's an honor.
但恕我直言 国务卿女士
But with all due respect, Madam Secretary,
我在等你们提条件
I'm waiting for the catch.
我们是来讨论
We came here to discuss
贸易协定里的军事援助部分的
the military aid portion of the trade deal.
如果要通过任何协定
Which we will have to insist upon
这部分都是我们坚持的
if any deal is to go through.
美国准备完全取消
The United States is prepared to lift
军备禁运
the arms embargo entirely.
怎么了 鲶鱼咬住舌头了
What's the matter, catfish got your tongue?
我们本来准备打持久战了
We were prepared for a much bigger fight
没想到如此轻松
over much less.
以下是你等着的条件
Well, here's the catch you were waiting for.
具体的人♥权♥指标
There are certain human rights
和社会文明指标
and civil society benchmarks
越南都必须要达标才能够
that Vietnam will have to meet in order to get
得到关键的军事装备
the bigger ticket military items.
容忍♥不同政见者 换来驱逐舰
Dissidents for destroyers. Mm...
当然了 这一切的时机
Of course, the timing of all this
让我不禁想这意外的收获
makes me wonder if this sudden windfall
是不是跟最近中国拘留的
has something to do with the activists
积极分子有关
China recently detained.
不妨说我们
Let's just say that we value
同你们一样尊重
your sovereignty in the South China Sea
你们在南海的主♥权♥
as much as you do.
总统先生 你找我
Sir, you wanted to see me?
只是想说一句越南这步棋下得漂亮
Just wanted to say nice work putting this together.
谢谢
Thank you. Yeah.
我来这里来对了
It was good that I came here.
我想也是
Well, I think so.
城市完全不一样了
The city's so different now,
但这空气
but the air...
闻起来 还是老样子
smells, feels the same.
湿度
Humidity,
袅袅炊烟
smoke from the cooking fires.
淡淡的茉莉花香
Just the faintest hint of jasmine.
我懂
Oh, I understand.
我觉得我懂
I think.
每次我回去中东
Every time I go back to the Middle East--
那股热浪
the heat,
衣服里的沙子
the sand in my clothes.
让我回想起很多事
it brings a lot of it back.
有些事我并不愿想起
Not all of it welcome.
拉塞尔总让我宣传军旅生涯来拉选票
Russell's always after me to tout my service more.
你完全可以
Well, you certainly could.
你有很多骄傲的资本
Got a lot to be proud of.
别误解
Don't get me wrong,
我为自己的军旅生涯感到骄傲 但是...
I'm proud to have served, but, uh...
至于我实际上所做的...
...as for what I actually did...
有一次
One time...
我差一点
I came this close
就枪杀了一个女人
to shooting a woman
和她怀里的孩子
and the baby in her arms.
当时我刚经历一场交火 血气上涌
I was all jacked up on adrenaline from a firefight.
听到背后的脚步声就转过身去
Heard footsteps behind me, so I whirled around,
拿出枪 松开保险
weapon up, safety off.
我真的说不出我为什么没开枪
I honestly can't tell you why I didn't pull the trigger.
肯定不是机智或英雄主义
It sure wasn't wisdom or heroism or
或领导力什么的
... leadership.
就是幸运
It was luck.
充其量就是一瞬间的感觉
Flash of a feeling, at best.
这种感觉让我身居白宫
And that's the difference between me living
而不是
in the White House
像普通人一样过着寻常生活
instead of on the street, like so many guys.
听我这个老兵一直唠叨
Listen to the old marine go on and on.
-不 没关系 -都怪时差
- No, no, it's okay. I'm... - Jet lag.
总统先生 国务卿女士 抱歉打扰
Mr. President, Madam Secretary, pardon my interruption.
布莱克 怎么了
Blake, what's up?
陈部长来了 想要立刻见您
Minister Chen is here and wants to see you immediately.
来得真快
Well, that didn't take long.
看来他们收到我们的信息了
Guess they got our message.
陈部长 真是意外啊
Minister Chen, what a pleasant surprise.
是吗
Is it?
你真的认为我们会对这些骇人的挑衅
Did you honestly think we would let
不做任何回应吗
these outrageous provocations go unanswered?
那你觉得我们就会吗
Did you honestly think we would?
我来拜访的首要目的是
The primary purpose of my visit is
提醒越南 如果他们认为越中友好关系
to remind Vietnam we have many levers to pull
是理所当然的 那我们有很多方法可以用
if they choose to take our friendship for granted.
这就是你所谓的越中历史吗
That's what you call your history with Vietnam?
基于互相尊重的友谊
A friendship based on mutual respect?
你难道还想就与越南的友谊问题
That you would presume to lecture me
对我说教吗 你们的国家
on friendship with Vietnam, when your country
当年杀了上百万越南人 想说贻笑大方
killed millions of Vietnamese, would be laughable
只可惜事实上令人厌恶
if it weren't so sickening.
那些积极分子是无辜的
Those activists are innocent,
他们的家人很害怕
and their families are terrified.
放了他们吧 明
Give 'em back, Ming,
别让事态继续恶化
before this goes any further.
正好相反
To the contrary,
司法部已经推进了审判的进程
the Ministry of Justice has moved up their trial.
间谍罪是重罪
Espionage being such a serious crime.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表