剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
unless we get enough information before we go in.
如果你不想冒险
Look, if you're not up for it...
我现在就能带你回去
I can bring you in right now.
没事
I'm fine.
我该走了
I should go.
好的
Okay.
72小时后见
See you in 72 hours.
本
Ben.
-谢谢你来 -只要请我吃牛扒
- Thanks for this. - Hey, I'm always happy
我就会很乐意为你提供法律建议
to dispense legal advice when it's paired with a free steak.
我们能尽快说完吗 工作很...
Could we actually do something quicker? Work is...
对 我听说了达♥赖♥喇♥嘛♥的事
Oh, yeah, I read about the Lama thing.
你想怎么样都行
Uh, whatever you want, man.
我能做什么呢
So, what can I do?
你是说万一和她讲道理没用吗
You mean if reasoning with her fails?
你必须奉陪到底
You have to play the game you're in.
来硬的 用尽一切手段来打击她
Hardball. Use anything you can to make her look less optimal.
你不是说她产后有点抑郁吗
Didn't you say she went through some postpartum stuff?
不要利用这一点
Do not go there, man.
我没说过场面会好看
I didn't say it was pretty.
国务卿 我侦查过了
Ma'am, I did the recon.
莫顿议员主要的职业激♥情♥是
Senator Morton's chief professional passion
游说联邦通讯委员会批准电♥信♥合并
is lobbying the FCC to approve a telecom merger.
但他的确有很强大的动力
But he does have pretty powerful motivation
要支持一个美国籍喇♥嘛♥
for supporting an American Lama.
我让线人直接跟你说
I'll let my source tell you.
你跟副总统打扑克吗 纳丁
You play poker with the vice president, Nadine?
我接下这份工作后就不再玩了
I cashed in my chips when I took this gig.
你好吗 特蕾莎
How are you? Hi, Teresa. How are you?
见到你真高兴 请坐
So good to see you. Come, please, sit down.
不玩了也好
Uh, yes, well, it was just as well,
因为纳丁可是高手
because Nadine is a shark.
承蒙特蕾莎肯接我的电♥话♥
Teresa was gracious enough to take my call anyway.
还有比莫顿前任更好的消息来源吗
What better source on Morton than his predecessor?
我也不希望听到这件事
I wish I had better news.
莫顿对藏♥独♥不合时宜的支持
Morton's untimely pursuit of Tibetan freedom
背后的动机其实非常自私
has particularly craven motives.
他最大的资助人是格雷申科技公♥司♥
His biggest donor is Gration Tech,
重型机械制♥造♥商
manufacturer of heavy machinery.
他们将近半数的收益
They make almost half
来自液压阀零件 这是煤矿开采
their revenue from hydraulic valve parts
至关重要的部分
crucial to coal mining.
如果斯德哥尔摩协议得到批准
An industry that would take an enormous hit
这个产业将会遭到致命打击
if the Stockholm Protocols were ratified.
国务卿 我刚刚从印度办事处得到消息
Ma'am, I just got word from our India desk--
副总统女士 你好 抱歉打扰了
Oh, Madam Vice President, hi. Sorry to interrupt.
没关系 很高兴见到你 杰伊
No worries. It's good to see you, Jay.
印度想重新谈判斯德哥尔摩协议
India wants to reopen the Stockholm Protocols.
他们要求减少用煤限制
They're demanding a reduction on all coal restrictions.
显然是因为看到中国摇摆不定
They're clearly reacting to China wavering.
除了这个原因 还因为
That and growing protests
德里和孟买♥♥越来越多人抗♥议♥
in Delhi and Mumbai over the prospect
电费上涨的可能性
of rising electricity costs.
如果印度临阵退缩 那中国更不可能
Well, with India bailing, China is even less likely
批准气候协议了
to ratify the climate deal.
还得"感谢"我们的参议员搞砸了这事
And we have our own senator to thank for blowing it up.
所以莫顿想要阻止协议
So Morton is trying to spike the deal
来帮助他的一个资助人
to help one of his donors,
但是他以西♥藏♥♥独♥立的正面问题
but he's hiding behind the feel-good issue
作为挡箭牌
of Tibetan independence.
这是我的评估 阁下 没错
That's my assessment, sir, yes.
你把第二任期押在就气候变化问题
You staked your second term on taking meaningful action
采取有意义的措施上
on climate change.
如果协议未达成
If this deal falls apart,
敌人察觉弱点 加以利用
the enemy smells weakness, works that much harder
将会抹杀你其他的优势
to deny any of your other priorities.
我当时为什么要坐上这个位置
Why did I want this job again?
你房♥子的地下室可是有个保龄球道呢
Your house does have a bowling alley in the basement.
所以没人会在意
So no one will care
莫顿把他资助人的利益
that Morton puts his donors' priorities
置于国家之上 甚至世界之上
ahead of the nation's, I mean, of-of the world?
是的 没人会在意
Yeah. No one will care.
我们得及时止损
We need to stop the bleeding.
在参议院其他人伸手效仿
Get India back on board, Morton back in line,
最终导致我方分崩离析之前
before every other hack in the Senate puts his hand out
要让印度重新加入 莫顿回归本职
and our own side falls apart.
好吧 我能解决印度的交换条件
Well, I can handle the India inducements.
至于莫顿
As for Morton...
我收回之前担心惹怒他的想法
I rescind my earlier concerns about provoking him.
我想我们都清楚该怎么做
I think we all know what needs to happen.
我们已经看伊恩的视频好几个小时了
We've been watching Ian's feed for hours,
完全没有新证据
with no new sign of evidence.
换个角度说 他们还没杀他
On the other hand, they haven't killed him.
暂时没有
Yet.
我们死去的朋友韦恩·奥康纳
Our dead friend Wayne O'Connell's
已经失去联♥系♥好几天了
been out of pocket for days now.
伊恩是新来的 他们肯定会看着他
Ian's the new guy; they got to be looking at him.
没错 但是如果现在让他撤离
Yeah, but if we pull him now,
我们就没机会找到炸♥弹♥了
there's no way we'll find the bomb.
除非
Unless...
我们把奥康纳的尸体送回他家
we release O'Connell's body to his family
不透露他的死亡细节
without telling the details of his death.
一位伦理学教授会这么说真让人意外
That's a surprising notion coming from an ethics professor.
能转移伊恩身上的注意力
Could take the heat off Ian.
给他争取时间寻找炸♥弹♥
Buy him some time to find the bomb.
你能接受吗
Can you live with that?
真抱歉我忘了把这个给你
I'm so sorry I forgot to give you this.
克洛伊整晚没睡吗
Was Chloe up all night?
"多谢"
Thank you.
我说了抱歉
Hey, I said I'm sorry.
你怎么能找为我们主持婚礼的人
How could you go to the guy who officiated our wedding
征求法律意见
for legal advice?
那找你的律师朋友呢
What about your lawyer friend?
瑜伽课上有人下载了表格给我
Someone from yoga who downloaded a form for me.
我没向她征求意见 她也没主持我们的婚礼
I didn't seek her advice, and she didn't marry us.
好吧 我是可以知晓我的权利的
Well, I'm allowed to know my rights.
你真的想要在法庭上和我对峙
You really want to fight me in court
来争取抚养权
for the right to leave her
让她一半的时间在你的公♥寓♥和保姆度过吗
with a babysitter in your apartment half the time?
这是为了谁 杰伊
Who does that serve, Jay?
你不会真觉得
And you can't seriously think
你是更适合做克洛伊监护人的一方吧
that you would be a better custodial parent to Chloe.
你不能下床的六个月里
I practically was her only parent for six months
我几乎就是她唯一的监护人 记得吗
when you couldn't get out of bed. Remember that?
因为我就是这么做的
Because I sure as hell do!
维尔马总理
Prime Minister Verma,
首先请让我表明立场
let me start by saying that I am open
我是同意再次审视部分协议的
to taking a second look at some of the protocols.
既然印度愿意做出最大让步
Since India will sacrifice the most,
我们相信这样才是公平的
we believe it's only fair.
只是不包括增加煤炭排放
Just none that increase coal emissions.
因煤炭而起的富裕的西方国家告诉
The rich Western nation built on coal tells
新兴市场 "我们污染就可以
the emerging market, "It's okay when we polluted.
你们另想办法吧"
You find a new way."
经典
A classic.
听着 我明白的
Look, I get it.
你保证过要为300万
You promised to bring electricity
生活在黑暗中的印度人♥民♥带来光明
to the 300 million Indians who live without it,
你认为放松煤炭限制
and you think loosening coal restrictions
能够帮助你实现
will help you deliver.
确实会的
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表