剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
然后他们就飞去瓦莱塔
then they'll fly to Valletta,
这时卡麦勒·阿库恩教授
at which time Professor Kamel Arkoun
将会宣誓就任新总统
will be sworn in as the new president.
播下民♥主♥的种子
Seeds of democracy sown.
希望他们以后有
Well, let's hope they get plenty of...
-大晴天 -对 还有
- Sun. - Yes, and...?
雨水
Moisture.
-还有爱 -行了
- And love. - Okay.
杰伊 亨利可能会给你打电♥话♥
Uh, actually, Jay, um, Henry might be calling you about
谈他担心的贾奈特古修道院的问题
an ancient monastery in Djanet that he's concerned about.
那他知道他也应该担心
Does he know he should also be concerned
我们没有预算做任何事吗
about our lack of budget to actually do anything...
国务卿女士 柯蒂斯大使正在前往白宫
Madam Secretary, Ambassador Curtis is on his way
他要辞职
to the White House to resign.
他不是应该在去机场
I thought he was on his way to the airport
拯救阿尔及利亚的路上吗
to save Algeria.
但显然他对自己政党的忠诚
Yes, well, apparently, he's more of a party loyalist
以及他对道尔顿总统
than anyone realized,
宣布独♥立♥竞选的愤怒
and he's furious with Dalton
-都超出了大家的想象 -你是怎么知道的
- for declaring as an independent. - Where did you get this?
他的幕僚长是我的老朋友
His chief of staff is an old friend.
国务卿 哈达德总统很明确地说过
Ma'am, President Haddad made it clear that
柯蒂斯大使是他信任这次协议的唯一原因
Ambassador Curtis is the only reason he trusts this deal.
-我知道 布莱克 准备车队 -好
- I am aware. Blake, motorcade, please. - Yeah.
拉塞尔 怎么回事
Russell. What the hell?
这叫做对党的忠诚
It's called party loyalty.
如果你加入某个政党的话 也许你会明白
If you ever belonged to one, maybe you'd understand.
我原来以为忠于国家就够了
Here I thought loyalty to country was enough.
是的 我把他的车拦在了门卫处
Yeah. I stalled his car at security gate,
但罗伊·柯蒂斯可不是个能拦住的人
but Roy Curtis is no shrinking violet.
我很清楚
I'm well aware.
我对你家的事感到很遗憾
Listen, I'm sorry about this business with your family.
谢谢 我
Thank you. I...
-给我闪开 拉塞尔 -罗伊
- Get the hell out of my way, Russell. - Roy.
见到你真意外
What a delightful surprise.
总统知道我要来
President knows I'm coming.
很不巧 他要去听简报
Sadly, he had to step in to a briefing.
听简报 好吧
Oh, he stepped in it, all right.
如果他想放我鸽子
If he wants to blow me off,
那你可以替我把这个给他
then you can just give him this.
要不去我办公室等一下总统吧
Why don't we wait for the President in my office.
我请你喝猫屎咖啡
I'll bust out the civet coffee.
好吧
Fine.
但是咖♥啡♥因♥只会让我更生气
But caffeine just makes me angrier.
五角大楼
华盛顿特区
亨利
Henry.
欢迎来到五角大楼
Welcome to the Pentagon.
伙计 他们把你赶出了白宫
Hey, pal. They kick you out of the White House
就因为你喝了总统的咖啡吗
for drinking the president's coffee?
-就喝过那么一次 -好吧
- Hey, that just happened once... - Oh, right.
我需要足够的空间
And, I needed the elbow room
去打击恐♥怖♥分♥子♥
to take down terrorist networks.
黑犬追踪总部
Black Dog Station.
我可以给你办好出入证
I can clear you for an access badge.
五分钟就能搞定
Takes five minutes.
给你准备好办公桌
Set you up with a desk.
我请你吃午饭怎么样
How about I buy you lunch instead?
如果我没记错的话 加一点奶油
Memory serves, a touch of cream.
对吧 罗伊
Isn't that right, Roy?
你身上的魅力有点吓人 拉塞尔
Charm just looks creepy on you, Russell.
我们能为你做些什么 罗伊
What can we do for you, Roy?
我们的目标都是一样的
We share the same goals.
我们想把事情做对
We want to make this right.
外交第一准则
First rule of diplomacy:
获得信任
gain trust.
我知道你那些手段 国务卿
I know your playbook, ma'am.
是我发明的
I wrote it.
给
And here we go.
谢谢
Thank you.
国务卿女士 你知道为什么猫屎咖啡不苦吗
Madam Secretary, do you know why civet coffee isn't bitter?
不知道
No, I don't.
咖啡豆是被一种
Th-the beans are gnawed on
叫香猫的动物咀嚼然后消化过的
and digested by little animals called civets,
但咖啡豆的中心部分很硬 没法被完全消化
but the bean's core is too hard to digest fully,
所以最后会被拉出来
so eventually they poop it out.
农民会把它们收集起来
Farmers gather them.
因为外面苦的部分已经被吃掉了
Because the bitter outside is already eaten away,
所以不需要烘焙太长时间
they don't need to be roasted too long,
从而能保留下天然的糖分
preserving the natural sugar...
以及丰富的味道
and complexity.
我一直觉得这对我所做的事是一个很好的比喻
I always thought it was a good metaphor for what I do--
让外国领导们听我们的扯淡[吃屎]
getting foreign leaders to eat a plate of crap
而且还很开心
and like it.
但我自己不喜欢
But I don't like eating it myself,
尤其不喜欢听我的总统扯淡
especially from my own President.
我忠于我的党已经有
And I've been a party loyalist
四十多年了 而且我打算一直坚持到死
for over 40 years, and I intend to die one.
道尔顿以独♥立♥身份参选是我见过的
Dalton running as an independent is the biggest case of
最大的叛党行为
traitorism I've ever seen,
所以我不会参与其中的
and I simply won't be a part of it.
你作为外交官的工作是与政♥治♥毫不相关的
Your job as a foreign service officer is apolitical.
因为政♥治♥原因而破坏了
It's unethical for you to let politics unravel
你签订的一份重要协议是没有职业道德的...
a vital deal that you brokered on behalf of the...
我就是没有 这都是因为你
You're damn right I did, no thanks to you!
还有道尔顿
And Dalton.
还有你们现在软弱无能的
And your new namby-pamby softball vision
外交政策
of foreign policy!
你觉得我跟哈达德坐到一起
You think I sat in a circle with Haddad
我们就成好朋友了吗
and made friendship bracelets?
我指着他的脸说 他会输掉内战
I got in his face; I told him he'd lose a civil war,
被一群愤怒的暴徒抓住
get captured by an angry mob
然后被拔指甲 被阉掉
that'd yank out his fingernails, cut off his nuts,
最后尸体被挂在埃米尔广场
and hang him in the Place de l'Emir!
那是你做得最正确的事
It was your finest moment.
在外交界 只有你
You are the only person in the diplomatic corps
有能力 有人脉 有智谋
with the skill, connections and intelligence
将此事促成
to have made it happen.
你现在是想利用我的自负
Now you're appealing to my well-documented ego.
那我们就只看事实
Well, then let's just stick with the facts:
能跟哈达德签署协议确实是你的功劳
you are the linchpin of the deal with Haddad.
如果没有你 成千上万的人会失去生命
Without you, hundreds of thousands of lives will be lost.
你对道尔顿不满意 想跟他说
You have a beef with Dalton, you want to give him
你的意见 拉塞尔可以安排
a piece of your mind, Russell can put that on the books.
但是要在你把哈达德转移出阿尔及利亚以后
But do it after you deliver Haddad out of Algeria.
我觉得你说得对
I think you're right.
修道院已经完了
It's end times for the monastery.
除非我们有所作为
Unless we do something about it.
我们不管古迹
There's no "we" in antiquities.
我的工作是追捕恐♥怖♥分♥子♥ 不是小玩意
I hunt terrorists, not tchotchkes.
我不觉得这有什么冲突
I don't see why they should be mutually exclusive.
这些组织已经多少次
How many times have these groups used
利用毁坏异教古物的方法
the destruction of heretical artifacts
来作为招募战士的宣传工具
as propaganda to recruit fighters?
在阿富汗发生过
It happened in Afghanistan
塔♥利♥班♥毁掉了巴米扬大佛
when the Taliban destroyed the Buddhas of Bamiyan.
还有在叙利亚
And in Syria,
伊♥斯♥兰♥国炸掉了巴尔米拉古遗址
ISIS blew up the ancient ruins of Palmyra.
现在沙希德在阿尔及利亚也用了同样的方法
And now Hizb al-Shahid is using the same tactic in Algeria.
所以你觉得保存修道院
So you think preserving the monastery
有利于减缓他们的势头
could help slow the momentum?
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表