剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
美国人♥民♥爱戴和信任
and trusted by the American people,
有些规则的确需要改变
certain rules will need to evolve to accommodate
来适应这次史无前例的第三方参选
this historic third-party run.
话虽这么说
Well, with that being said,
让我们先稍事休息
we're gonna take a little break, but,
国务卿麦考德 再次感谢您
Secretary McCord, thank you again
-百忙之中来参加我们的节目 -不客气
- for taking the time. - It's my pleasure.
布朗队 加油
Go, Browns!
是拉塞尔·杰克逊吗
Is that Russell Jackson?
朱利尔斯 瞧瞧我们
Julius! Well, look at us.
就算没了最大的赞助人
Even without the support of our key donor,
我们也没有被踢出局
we somehow manage to stay in the game.
我就喜欢听他用这广♥告♥腔说话
I love it when he stays in sales mode.
国务卿女士 我向您介绍一位朋友
Madam Secretary, I wanted to introduce you to a friend of mine.
麦考德国务卿
Secretary McCord,
斯科特·古德曼 克罗尼克信息公♥司♥
Scott Goodman, KronicDM.
我儿子很喜欢你们的消息应用
Oh, my son loves your massaging app.
他以为我不知道这名字是什么意思
He thinks I don't know what the name means.
老妈的'墩布'
Oh, mom's hip.
很高兴这名字吸引了他
Well, I'm glad he's hooked in.
能借一步说话吗
I was wondering, could I grab a minute?
当然
Uh, sure.
山姆·埃文斯那情况如何
How's it going with Sam Evans?
打不打算承认押错宝了
You ready to admit you backed the wrong horse?
不如这么说 我还没下注呢
Let's just say I haven't placed any bets yet.
我看到那篇关于您的幕僚
I saw that story about your staff
对非洲事件的异议的报道了
throwing a flag on the play in Africa.
异议备忘录 是的
Ah, the dissent memo, yes.
我得跟你说 从技术上来说
Yeah, I gotta tell you, from a tech point of view,
我们也很挫败
we're pretty frustrated, too.
我们试图让应用打入非洲南部
We're trying to get KronicDM going in Southern Africa,
但这些国家的OTT税让我们很难办
but these countries are killing us with these OTT taxes.
使用他们通信服务的费用 是吗
A fee to use their telecom services, right?
-通信服务税 -是的 就连名字都是
- Over-the-top tax? - Yes, even the name--
"高之又高"
"Over-the-top".
大多非洲人都不上网
Most Africans aren't online.
他们有手♥机♥
They just... they have phones.
所以我们是他们保持联♥系♥的渠道
So we're how they're staying connected,
但这些国有通信服务商
but these state-owned telecom services
用这些费用在扼杀我们
are strangling us with these fees.
公平地说
To be fair,
你的应用使用了他们的服务 对吗
your app is using their services, right?
他们难道不该向你收费吗
So shouldn't they ask you to help pay for it?
拜托 国务卿
Come on, Secretary.
他们可以使通信服务私有化
I mean, they could privatize telecom,
整个经济都会受益
and the whole economy would benefit.
但这样他们就不能
But then they wouldn't be able to
监控国民的一言一行
monitor everything that their citizens are saying,
或者随时关闭通信服务
or turn it off whenever they want to.
我的意思是国有通信
I mean, state-owned telecom,
既不利于民♥主♥ 也不利于市场
it's bad for democracy, and it's bad for business.
我理解你的挫败
I understand your frustration,
但斯科特 新兴经济的意义就在于
but the thing about emerging economies, Scott,
新兴的经济必须被允许出现
is that they have to be allowed to do just that... emerge.
这需要一个过程
It's... it's a process.
如果我想
If I wanted to,
现在我就能和一个国家达成交易
right now, I could cut a deal with one country and
利用他们的网络
piggyback one network
为非洲南部大部分地区免费建立网络
across most of Southern Africa for free,
本该如此
the way it should be.
但我没那么做 因为我希望我选举出来的官员
But I'm not doing that 'cause I'm hoping my elected officials
-能尽职尽责 -我是被任命的
- are gonna do their job... - Appointed.
恐怕国务卿该出发了
I'm afraid that's all the time the secretary has.
天啊 斯科特 太遗憾了
Oh, gosh, Scott, too bad.
非常感谢
Thanks so much.
自克里格·斯特林执政以来
I haven't been mansplained that hard
我就没那么被男人说教过
since Craig Sterling was in office.
采访做得不错
Good job on the interview.
可惜还是救不了我们
Too bad it won't save us.
你什么意思
What do you mean?
我们刚收到消息 《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》暂缓支持
We just got word the Times is holding back on the endorsement.
他们想等异议备忘录这事过去再说
They want to let this dissent memo play out first.
等那时候也没什么用了
Just long enough so it won't do us any good.
想来点这个吗
Hey, you want some of this?
我根本不知道这是什么
I don't even know what it is.
是蘑菇蛋奶酥 你不加热一下吗
It's mushroom soufflé. Don't you want to heat that up?
不了 反正我也只是充饥而已
No, I'm barely tasting it anyway.
杰瑞斯明天来 真让人兴奋
So, Jareth tomorrow. That's exciting.
是的
Yep.
你♥爸♥和我真的很高兴
You know, Dad and I are really happy
他要来家里住
that he's gonna stay with us,
但或许我们该谈一件事
but maybe we should just talk about one thing.
谈什么 如果我们真搬去英国
What, the fact that if we move to England
我最终可能会自杀吗
I might end up killing myself?
什么
What?
是啊
Yeah.
亲爱的
Sweetheart...
发生了什么
what happened?
整个夏天都很糟糕
The whole summer was awful.
他的朋友 他的家人
His friends, his family.
破天气
The stupid weather.
等等 你回家将近一个月了
Wait, you-you've been home almost a month.
怎么什么都没说
Why didn't you say something?
可能是拒绝接受吧
Denial? I don't know.
很难堪
It was embarrassing.
你们都为我高兴
I mean... you guys were so happy for me.
这本该是我人生中最美好的夏天
And it was supposed to be the best summer of my life.
结果 我完全变成孩子一样
Instead, I turned into this total baby.
逃离晚宴在洗手间哭
Leaving dinner parties to go cry in the bathroom.
有点文化冲击在意料之中
Well, a little culture shock is to be expected.
更像是文化电刑
It was more like culture electrocution.
杰瑞斯呢
Well, how's Jareth?
这是最糟糕的部分
That was the worst part.
他也完全变了个人
He was kind of a totally different person, too.
变得势利
I mean, like snobby,
他关心每个人上什么学校
and he cared what school everybody went to.
如果我讲错笑话
He was, like, turning away from me
他就不理我
if I made the wrong joke.
听起来你们绝对需要谈谈
Sounds like you guys definitely have some stuff to talk about.
我不想你认为他是坏人
I don't want you to think he's a bad person.
他只是
He's just...
归根结底是英国人
British, it turns out.
但斯蒂芬 你必须跟他直说
Now, but, Stevie, you have to be straight with him.
不能明明♥心♥有芥蒂却假装没有
You can't pretend you're fine when you're not.
婚姻不该是这样
That's not how marriage works.
我明白
I know.
只是 我不知道他会有何反应
I just... I don't know how he's gonna take it.
好了
All right,
这就是我们需要的那段缉毒局监控录像
here's the part of the DEA surveillance footage we need.
上面显示她到那个人的家里出♥售♥文物
Here she is coming into the guy's house to make the sale.
是同一个人
It's the same person.
一个历史博物馆的文物专家为什么会
What's an antiquities expert at a history museum
把偷来的文物卖♥♥给科西嘉的毒枭
doing selling stolen treasures to Corsican drug lords?
从她的背景资料中完全找不出依据
There's nothing in her background to support it.
不知道 可能她需要钱
I don't know. Maybe she needs the money.
可能她就是喜欢恶棍
Maybe she just likes gangsters.
我们现在真正需要知道的只有
The only thing we really need to know
她是从哪里得到圣骨匣
is where she got the reliquary.
可以把她带来 但不能让她知道我们的目的
We can bring her in, but she can't know what we're up to.
也许可以找法国情报人员
Maybe we could use French intelligence.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表