剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
Rabbi Lowenthal's assassin to swift justice.
据说他还在逃
We understand he's still at large?
我向来惊叹于美方情报机构的能力
It always impresses me the reach of U.S. intelligence.
既然我们知道了这次袭击
Well... now that we know the attack
不是黎巴嫩真♥主♥党所为
wasn't perpetrated by Hezbollah,
而是由贵国公民实施
was in fact committed by one of your own citizens,
这对我们难道不是一个
and isn't there an opportunity for us to...
完成和平谈判的机遇吗
to finish these peace talks?
不 国务卿女士
No, no, no. Madam Secretary...
不 也许不是在这里
N-No. Maybe not here.
也许可以在你去约旦参加足球赛的时候
Then maybe when you go to the soccer game in Jordan.
还有纪念洛温塔尔更好的方式吗
What better tribute to Rabbi Lowenthal?
不 我们不能继续这些谈判
No. We cannot continue these talks.
你操之过急了
Look, you're pushing us too far, too fast.
这让我国的人♥民♥反睦成仇
It's turning my countrymen against each other--
犹太人自相残杀
Jews killing Jews.
伊多
Ido,
如果你现在上飞机 停火协议终止
if you get on that plane and the cease-fire expires,
那洛温塔尔拉比所做的一切
then everything Rabbi Lowenthal lived for,
我们为了美好未来
all the progress that we have made
所取得的进展 都将付诸东流
for a better future, is gone.
他就白白牺牲了
He will have died for nothing.
如果我们和伊朗达成协议
If we make this deal with Iran
而他们仍然不承认我国存在的权利
while they still refuse to acknowledge our right to exist,
这样同样会让
then this, too, will refute everything
洛温塔尔拉比的努力白费
that Rabbi Lowenthal stood for.
伊丽莎白
You see, Elizabeth,
这些象征最终总会迎合我们自身的追求
these symbols can always be turned to suit our own purposes.
我的最终目标现在是 而且永远都是
My greatest purpose is and always will be
为我的人♥民♥服务
to serve my people.
多谢你的哀悼
Thank you for your condolences.
弗吉尼亚大学筹款会
弗吉尼亚州 麦克莱恩市
我没能阻止总理
I wasn't able to stop the prime minister.
他说他离开是因为刺杀事件
He says he left because of the assassination,
但我现在感觉其实双方都没有
but I am beginning to think that neither side had any intention
这周签订协议的打算
of signing the agreement this week.
不论如何 我还是确认了
For what it's worth, I got confirmation
不承认以色列存在权的
that it was the Ayatollah
的确是阿亚图拉
who objected to Israel's right to exist.
至少设拉子没有利用此事开脱
At least Shiraz wasn't hiding behind that.
你的非正式渠道那边有进展了吗
Are you getting anywhere trying to work back channels?
还没 但我发现
Not yet, but I found out
犹太教丧礼习俗 为亲人守丧七天
"坐七"中"七"的意思是七日服丧
that "Shiva" In "Sitting Shiva" means seven,
所以我正在想办法让伊朗
so I'm trying to get Iran
把停战延长七天
to extend the cease-fire seven days
让以色列悼念洛温塔尔拉比
while Israel mourns Rabbi Lowenthal.
好的 很好
Okay, that's-that's good.
有情况继续汇报 好吗
Um, keep me posted, all right?
-谢了 杰伊 -抱歉
- Thanks, Jay. - Sorry.
穆 怎么了
Hey, Mo. What's up?
你对伊安·康罗伊的担忧我已经向上级汇报
I passed on your concerns about Ian Conroy to the higher-ups.
他们希望你当他本次任务的上线
They want you to be his handler for the mission.
真不知道他会怎么想
I can only imagine what he thinks about that.
他没意见
He's up for it.
他愿意让你来纠正他的行为
Doggie likes the man with the rolled-up newspaper.
不不不
No, no, no.
他需要的是个信任他的人
He needs someone who believes in him,
一旦他发现我并不信任他 他也肯定会的
and the minute he finds out that's not me, which he will,
他肯定要生气
he is gonna flip out,
这会让整个任务都陷入危险
and that could put the entire mission at risk.
我理解 好的 我还是得问问你
I hear you, man. All right, I had to ask.
好吧 听着
Okay. Listen, uh,
咨♥询♥什么的 需要的话只管找我 好吗
consulting, whatever you need, I'm there for you, okay?
祝你好运 再见
Good luck. Bye.
听起来有人要失望了
Sounds like somebody's getting let down easy.
你准备好了吗
Oh, you ready for this?
庆祝得到诺贝尔奖提名
Being celebrated for a Nobel Peace Prize nomination
而我觉得自己完全没有资格
I haven't gotten and no longer feel I deserve in the slightest?
-我太准备好了 -走吧
- I am so ready. - Come on.
国务卿女士 您能来真是我的荣幸
Madam Secretary. I'm so honored you could come.
怎么这么说 我们才是激动不已
Are you kidding? We're old Wahoos.
能来是我们的荣幸才对
We're thrilled to be here.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
这是我丈夫亨利·麦考德 这是奈利·康伦
This is my husband Henry McCord. Nelly Conlon.
很高兴认识您
Such a pleasure to meet you.
我最喜欢在康伦音乐厅听音乐会了
Conlon Hall is my favorite place to hear music.
您太客气了 叫我奈利就行
Oh, you are so gracious. Call me Nelly.
介意我们拍一张照片吗
Oh, do you mind if we get a quick photo?
-这真失礼 -并没有失礼
- I'm sorry to ask. - No, not at all.
我刚学会用社交媒体
I'm finally catching up with social media.
这样啊
Oh, well...
适者生存嘛
Evolve or die, right?
我想你对我们这种文化自恋情结
I suppose you have some theologian's perspective
有你自己的学者观点吧 亨利
on all this cultural narcissism, Henry?
我只是觉得这是种
Well, I just think it's an expansion
自我展示的方式 我理解的
of self-representation. I get it.
说这话的人查看自己的脸书频率 为零
Spoken like a man who checks his Facebook page, like, never.
我居然有脸书账号♥
I have Facebook?
我去给我们拿点喝的
I'm gonna get us a drink.
我得跟你讲
I have to tell you,
弗吉尼亚大学出了七个诺贝尔得主
UVA has had seven Nobel laureates.
我想我总结出了一两点
I like to think that I've figured out a few things
怎么去
about how to...
影响委员会的技巧
move the needle with the committee.
我
I...
真不知道诺贝尔委员会也有拉选票一说
I didn't realize that the Nobel committee needs lobbying.
我知道 你以为这种事不会发生
I know, you think they're all off in fjords somewhere.
但现在人人都上网
But with everything online,
一切小波动都有影响
any kind of buzz matters.
比如那个《新闻来源》杂♥志♥封面
Like that, NewsSource cover.
-那个真不错 -我其实
- That was fantastic. - I'm-I'm not sure
不太希望获得这样的关注
you want some of the attention that's been getting.
那可是个历史性的和平协约
It's a historic peace deal.
如果那些关于你美♥腿♥的风言风语
If some silly nonsense about your legs
正好起到了宣传作用 我觉得没问题
is what gets your message out there, I say work it.
博西
Bosie!
网上有什么关于我的腿的消息
Is there something online about my legs?
国务卿麦考德
Secretary McCord,
请允许我介绍维克多·博斯曼
may I introduce Victor Boseman,
诺贝尔经济学奖得主
Nobel laureate in Economics.
-太棒了 很高兴见到你 -国务卿女士
- Oh, cool. It's really nice to meet you. - Madam Secretary.
麦考德博士
Dr. McCord.
抱歉 我的专业可能太冷门
Sorry, I'm geeking out a little.
伊丽莎白是数学专业
Well, Elizabeth was a math major,
所以你们俩冷到一块儿去了
so I'm sure the geeking is mutual.
请问您的获奖理论是什么
What's your theory? I mean, can I ask?
简单说来 是有关合同协商的问题
Broadly speaking, it concerns contract negotiations.
感谢上帝我们不再用宏观经济学了
Thank goodness we moved on from macroeconomics.
那种理论我可解释不清楚
I could never explain that to anybody.
简单说来就是最佳合同协定
Basically it's a statistical analysis
的数据分♥析♥
of optimal contractual arrangements,
是以哈特和霍姆斯特姆的理论为基础的
building on Hart and Holmstrom's theory.
理论就是求证是否存在
The idea is to find out if there's a quantifiable balance
对双方都有利的相互依存的
of interdependence that engages the goodwill
可量化平衡 我发现是存在的
of both parties; and it turns out there is.
看吧
See?
也许和平协约没你想的那么复杂
Maybe the whole peace deal is easier than you think.
当然了 我说的很简化
Of course, it sounds reductive,
但实际上对相互依赖的
but it-it really does come down to both parties
谈判双方来说
having some baseline of mutual interdependence
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表