剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
从拍摄这张照片起
Since this photo was taken,
过去的三年间
three years ago,
当地政♥府♥关于招募儿童兵的政策
the regime's policy of recruiting child soldiers
已经大大减少
has been drastically reduced,
这都归功于我们让联♥合♥国♥对此实施制裁
because of the sanctions that we drove the UN to impose.
但我们现在说的是 直到他们
But what we're saying is, no relief
五年都不再有儿童兵为止
until they've been free of child soldiers
都不能掉以轻心
for five years.
还有两年时间呢
They still have two years to go.
因此在我们放弃
So before we abandon
一个会起效的谈判策略之前
a negotiation strategy that is yielding results,
想想这个男孩
think about this boy,
以及成千上万相同处境的孩子
and the thousands like him.
想想如果我们过早解除制裁
Think about what they could be made to do again
他们又会被迫做什么
if we pump the brakes too early.
这是我唯一的要求
That's all I ask.
我理解你 彼得
I hear you, Pete.
但是参与其中并不意味着达成一致
But engagement doesn't have to mean agreement.
让我们先和他们聊聊
Let's talk to them informally,
确保你的谈判处于首要地位
maintain the primacy of your negotiation,
看看他们想怎么玩
see what they're playing at.
苏丹大使♥馆♥今天
There's an open event
有一个公开的活动
at the Sudanese embassy today.
我可以让他们知道我会到场
I can make it known that I'll be there,
看看有什么进展
and see how things shake out.
那就这样
Okay, then.
什么
What?
我的前岳母带着克洛伊过来了
Okay, my ex-mother-in-law is here with Chloe.
什么事都成了"紧急事件"
The word "Emergency" is being bandied about.
快去吧
Go, go.
你在这呢
There you are.
-你好 你好呀 宝贝 -你好
- Hi. Hi, honey. - Hey.
真高兴在工作时见到你
Daddy's so happy to see you at work.
帕姆 怎么了 有什么事吗
Pam, what's up? What's going on?
我试着给你打电♥话♥ 但是
Well, I tried to call, but...
我刚在开会 一切都好吗
I was in a meeting, is everything okay?
你知道我臀部的情况
Well, you know about my hip.
你的什么
Your what?
我的臀部 滑液囊炎
My hip. The bursitis?
我从圣诞节开始就一瘸一拐的
I've been limping since Christmas.
-好吧 那么 -专家原本说
- Sure. Okay, so... - Well, the specialist said
他六周后能看我 多亏你
he could see me in six weeks, thank you very much,
但是今早 就在我蹒跚着
but then, this morning, just as I was hobbling
离开克洛伊的音乐班时
out of Chloe's music class,
他的办公室打来 问今天中午是否方便
his office calls, and asks if today at noon is convenient.
我说 供你参考 不方便
I said, well, for your information, it's not,
-但是我... -艾比去哪了
- but I... - And Abby is where, again?
她坐火车去特拉华州开会了
She took the train down to Delaware for a meeting.
你都不看日历的吗
Don't you check your calendar?
-我今早有点忙 帕姆 -好吧
- I-I was very busy this morning, Pam. - Okay.
特拉华州 但是
Delaware's, uh, but...
克洛伊不能和你一起去看医生吗
Can't Chloe just go to the doctor with you?
你也许觉得能让她接触
Well, you might be comfortable exposing her
耐抗生素的葡萄球菌传染源
to an antibiotic resistant Staph infection,
但是我绝对不要
but I'm certainly not.
我来带她吧
You know what, I'll take her.
你需要多久 两个小时
How long do you need, two hours?
还是三小时吧
Oh, let's make it three.
那所谓的音乐班 真要命 我得休息一下
That so-called music class, man alive, I need a breather.
实际上我正要去参加一个会议
I was actually on a way to a meeting myself.
不如一起坐电梯下去吧
Why don't we all just ride down together?
听上去不错
Oh, sounds good.
苏丹大使♥馆♥
看
Look.
惠特曼先生
Mr. Whitman.
能够迎来如此著名的访客真是荣幸
What an honor to receive such a renowned visitor.
塔伊布·埃尔卡希尔夫
Tayeb Elkashief.
谢谢你们举办这次活动
Thanks for holding the event.
我的女儿克洛伊喜欢音乐
My daughter Chloe loves music.
的确
Indeed.
我们的共同之处多于分歧 不是吗
There is so much more that unites us than divides, no?
但愿如此
Let's hope so.
给你 宝贝
Here you go, honey.
爸爸要和这个温和的人聊聊 你玩会游戏吧
Just fry your brain while Daddy talks to this nice man.
目前的状况是
To the matter at hand.
再次 我要说回我们的共同之处
Again, I return to what unites us.
我们想要释放科林·米切尔的诚意
We are as sincere in our desire to release Mr. Colin Mitchell
与你们想要带他回家的愿望同样强烈
as you are in your desire to bring him home.
真是太好了
That's good to hear.
有传言说他生病了
There's a rumor going around that he's sick.
遗憾的是 这不是传言
Regrettably, that is no rumor.
有证据吗
Do you have proof?
这是一周前的
This is from a week ago.
只能猜测他的病情
One can only imagine that his condition
是从那时开始恶化的
has deteriorated since then.
医疗报告
我想让你先看到它
I wanted you to see it first.
"先"是什么意思
What do you mean, "First"?
在媒体知道前
Before the media does.
你想要怎么样
What are you trying to do here?
使我的国家免于
Free my country
遭受不应受的制裁惩罚
from punishing sanctions we do not deserve.
不可能的
That's not going to happen.
那就可能会有其他事了
Then other things will.
如果他死了 对你们会很不利
If he dies, it'll go badly for you.
但不仅仅是我们
But not only for us.
谢谢你的盛情款待
Thank you for your hospitality.
来吧 宝贝 该走了
Here, honey. It's time to go.
爸爸需要拿回手♥机♥了
Daddy needs his phone back.
我一直在铁路上工作...
I've been working on the railroad...
黛西 等等
Just, -- Daisy! Wait, wait, wait.
杰伊 什么事
Hey, Jay. What's up?
你好 克洛伊
Hi, Chloe.
没接到我的电♥话♥吗
Did you get any of my calls?
不重要 苏丹政♥府♥已经确认
Doesn't matter. The Sudanese have confirmation
米切尔的健康状况不佳
of Mitchell's poor health.
他们要将消息告诉媒体
They're leaking it to the press.
很高兴你在汇报之前先告诉我了
Well, I'm glad you're telling me this before the briefing.
不论你怎么用它都是个问题
It's gonna be a thing no matter how you play it,
只是不想你被抓包
just didn't want you to get caught out.
当然 多谢
Yeah, definitely. Thanks.
瞧你带谁来上班了
Look who you've brought to work.
多美的姑娘
遗传她的母亲
拜托 这楼里半数的女人可不是这么想的
是吗
谁说的
请我喝一杯也许我会告诉你
好吧
Okay.
我没听懂 但是我能看出来
I didn't understand that, but I understood that.
她和我们可不是一个阵营的
And she is not on our team.
这是美国
This is America.
你知道的 政♥府♥和新闻机构之间
There's a healthy tension between the state
是存在一种有益关系的
and the, you know, organs of the press.
"机构"
"Organs"?
随你 我得...
Anyway, I got to...
你还好吗
You okay?
当然
Yeah, totally.
天呐
Oh, God.
你现在的状况是我想的那样吗
Hey, is what I think is going on with you going on with you?
我不想聊这个
I don't want to talk about it.
真的
Really.
好吧 如果是
Well, if it is,
恭喜你
congratulations.
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表