剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表
I guess for the same reason I was,
一种责任感
a sense of duty.
而当你完成了你的工作
But there comes a point where you've done your part,
在那之后
and if you go beyond that,
你就可能会有其他的动机
then you might have other motives.
老实说
Honestly,
失去家人的恐惧
the idea of losing my family scared me in a way
比上战场的恐惧更可怕
that going into battle never did.
我明白
I get that.
对于你父亲的意外
We would like to express
我们表示深切的悼念
our condolences on the loss of your father.
他是个伟大的人
He was a great man.
你国从未承认这一点
Something your country never acknowledged.
在这个悲痛的时刻我们要联合起来
We all come together in times of loss,
苏雷亚斯先生
Mr. Suarez.
所以我们想谈谈
That's why we'd like to talk about
关于弃子军
the American aid workers who have been
挟持美国救援人员一事
taken hostage by Los Huérfanos.
我怎么没听说这事
This is news to me.
或许这些救援人员应该先来找我
But perhaps these aid workers should've
那样我就可以安抚我国人♥民♥的恐惧
come to me first, I would've tried to assuage my people's fear
因为他们害怕美国人会实施秘密侵略
that America was staging a covert invasion.
靠医疗物资实施的秘密侵略吗
A covert invasion armed with medical supplies?
我听说弃子军非常恶毒
Los Huérfanos is rumored to be quite vicious.
我可以代表你们和他们谈谈
I can talk to them on your behalf,
但我有要求
but I would need something in return.
你们必须承认我的总统地位
Recognize my presidency
承认我的政♥权♥合法
and acknowledge its legitimacy.
好的 总统先生
Fine, Mr. President.
现在你能放了我们的救援人员吗
Now, will you please free our aid workers?
我要你们公开承认我的总统地位
I will need a public acknowledgement of my presidency.
向我和我的人♥民♥表示应有的尊重
Show me and my people the respect we deserve,
然后我会确保你们的救援人员被释放
and I will insure the release of your hostages
并且允许国际救援队进入我的国家
and allow international aid missions into my country,
但要在我的监督之下
but under my supervision.
如果你想要你的人♥民♥信任并忠诚于你
If you want the trust and loyalty of your people,
放了我们的救援人员 让国际援助进入
freeing our aid workers so that international aid can flow in,
比勒索我们
will take you a lot further than
要有效得多
attempting to blackmail the United States.
为了你们的人不受到伤害
I suggest you move quickly
我建议你们赶紧行动
so that your people will not be harmed.
无信♥号♥♥
这个小王八蛋
That little pissant.
一个让我们束手无策的王八蛋
A pissant who seems to have us over a barrel.
他知道美国的承认
He knows that a U.S.-recognized
会给他的政♥权♥带来合法性
administration would give him legitimacy.
我们不能被一个未来的独♥裁♥者牵着鼻子走
We cannot be seen as capitulating to a wannabe dictator.
当然不能
Of course not.
但是我们还面临着随时都在恶化的
But we still have a humanitarian crisis
人道主义危机
that's getting worse by the hour,
以及六个安危未定的
and six American hostages' lives
美国人♥质♥的生命 我们必须采取行动
that hang in the balance. We've got to do something.
自然灾害导致总统位置空缺
Decapitation strike by way of natural disaster.
没有哪一条规则写了这种情况该怎么做
There's nothing in the rule book for that.
从好的方面来看
On the up side,
我们不用担心会破坏规则
we don't have to worry about breaking the rules.
如果我们帮委内瑞拉找一个合法的领导人呢
What if we help the Venezuelans find a legitimate leader?
我跟委内瑞拉的同事皮特谈过了
I just talked to my buddy Pete at the Venezuela desk.
他说我们可以说
He says we could make the argument
临时总统一职
that the title of interim president
应该由幸存的国民大会成员中
should go to the senior-most surviving member
职位最高的一位担任
of the National Assembly.
差不多相当于我们的众议院议长
So roughly the same as our Speaker of the House.
没错
Exactly.
我们可以利用这一点让某个人上位
It's an interpretation we can use to get someone in power.
我觉得联♥合♥国♥会支持的
I think the U.N. would support it.
这很好
Okay, that's good.
那这个人是谁 他还活着吗
So who is it and is he or she still alive?
萨尔瓦多·贝拉 国民大会主席
Salvador Vela, the Secretary of the National Assembly.
是他告诉大使苏雷亚斯总统的死亡消息的
Who told Ambassador Willis that President Suarez was dead.
所以 我们知道他活着
So, we know he survived.
如果我们找到贝拉
If we go to Vela and get him to accept the position
让他接受临时总统的职位
of interim president,
他会比小苏雷亚斯更有合法性
he would be eons more legitimate than Suarez Jr.
而且他一定会允许国际援助进入
Well, and he would certainly allow in aid, so...
还有一个小问题
There's one small hiccup.
我就知道
Of course there is.
我们不知道贝拉在哪里
We don't know where Vela is.
我们需要一支搜救队
We need a search and rescue mission.
我们在哥伦比亚有线人对吧
Don't we have assets in Colombia, right?
缉毒局在距离委内瑞拉几英里的地方
DEA has armed units stationed within miles
有武装部队
of the border with Venezuela.
好 虽然不能解决人♥质♥危机
Okay, doesn't solve our hostage crisis,
但是一个好的开始
but it's a start.
-我要回白宫一趟 -好的 国务卿
- I'm going back to the White House. - Yes, ma'am.
黛西 我让你找的那个女人
Daisy, any word yet on that woman I asked you to find,
-卡拉·阿尔瓦雷斯有消息了吗 -还没有
- Carla Alvarez? - ?Uh, not yet.
我一直在尝试用热♥线♥
I've been trying to coordinate with the Ops Center
和应急行动中心协作
about the hotline we set up.
但是得到的信息很不一致而且不可靠
Though the information is still spotty and unreliable.
我会继续查的
I'll keep checking.
算了 我自己来吧
Oh, never mind, I'll do it myself.
真的吗
Seriously?
在加拉加斯没有倒下的那些医院里
Hospitals in Caracas, the ones still standing,
你觉得他们还会录入病人的信息吗
you think someone's still taking patient info?
我已经尽我所能了
I'm doing the best that I can.
我知道 我知道 对不起
I know. I know, you're right. I'm sorry.
我们都有点紧张
We're all a little on edge.
我知道这对于你来说更加有点敏感
And I can see how this would be a little more sensitive for you.
我认识卡拉·阿尔瓦雷斯
I know Carla Alvarez.
你跟她很熟吗
Did you know her well?
我和文森特去那的时候见过她
I'd see her when Vincent and I visited down there.
阿♥拉♥贝拉不知道我去过那个农场
Arabelle doesn't know I ever went to the ranch.
又或者她知道
Unless she does.
现在这种状况
This situation
实在是太混乱了
is just a big morass.
我很想说出真♥相♥
I feel like blurting out the truth.
但那样就太糟了
Which would be awful.
但我也不知道 或许那样
But I don't know, maybe it would just...
能让我们两个都解脱
I don't know, set us both free somehow.
我不确定我能永远守着这个秘密
I'm just not sure that I can carry this forever.
我一个人守着
Not by myself.
外交事务 我很擅长
Foreign affairs, I'm great.
家庭事务
Domestic affairs?
我就不擅长了
Not so much.
现在通讯信♥号♥♥不稳定
Because the telecommunications are so disrupted,
委内瑞拉大部分民众都还不知道
most of the nation doesn't even know
小苏雷亚斯已经宣布自己上位这件事
that Suarez Jr. Has declared himself president,
不过我们得尽快决定
but we have to act fast.
这样的话 假设我们找到了贝拉
So, assuming we can even find Vela,
通讯条件这么差
if communications are so bad,
他怎么宣告自己已经掌权
how-how is he gonna let his people know that he's in charge?
我们要把他送到加拉加斯
We'd have to get him to Caracas,
那有一个电视台
to the local television station there,
现在正在重新启动
which is in the process of rebooting.
那如果小苏雷亚斯抢先一步怎么办
And what if Suarez Jr. gets there first?
也有这种可能
Well, that's a possibility.
不过 我猜他是想出另一招棋
But... I think he's playing a different game...
等你宣布支持他掌权之后
waiting for your endorsement
他再向全国宣布这个消息
before he goes in front of the cameras.
美国寻找贝拉先生
Well, any mission the U.S. Undertakes
剧集 | 国务卿女士 | 导航列表