剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表
但是凯西夫人的父亲不一样
But Mrs. Casey's father was different.
他来的时候已经病入膏肓了
He was extremely sick when he got here.
他就要死了
He was dying.
医疗机构的医生已经放弃了
The establishment doctors had given up.
他们总会放弃的
They always do.
但是你还是给他用了医疗机构的化疗方法
But you treated him the establishment way, with chemotherapy.
能告诉我们是为什么吗
Can you tell us why?
我只是想他活下去
I was just trying to sustain him.
你不相信化疗
You don't believe in chemotherapy.
你因这一点出了名
You're famous for not believing in chemotherapy.
你想让我读读你当时是怎么写的期刊论文吗
Would you like me to read from some of your journal articles?
我知道我写了什么 -那为什么这么做呢
I know what I have written. -Well, then, why?
是因为路易丝·凯西要求的吗
Was it something Louise Casey asked for?
还是格雷厄姆要求的
or Graham?
还是说你就是个伪君子
Or are you a hypocrite?
你用尖端医疗手段的承诺把病人骗来你的诊所
You get people to your clinic with the promise of cutting-edge therapy,
然后给他们用传统医疗机构的垃圾疗法
and then you just serve up the same old establishment junk.
不是的
No.
格雷厄姆要求的
It was Graham.
他要求我无论如何要让这个人活到一月份
He asked me to keep the man alive by any means necessary until January.
他说和遗产继承有什么关系
He said it was...something to do with an inheritance.
他说如果我不这么做
And if I didn't do it,
他就要把为我招来的病人全部引走
he'd pull out the patients that he'd already brought me.
这里情况并不轻松
It has not been easy here.
我的理念并没有被广泛认可
My ideas are not widely accepted.
如果我能治愈一个亨利·道格拉斯样的人物
If I had cured someone like Henry Douglas,
你知道这项成就对我来说多么重要吗
do you know what that would have done for me?
而且我差一点就成功了
And I almost did it too.
如果道格拉斯再能多活一点点的话
If Douglas had just lived a little longer.
怎么成功
How?
有一项实验性的干细胞疗法
There's an experimental stem cell therapy.
我需要一个近亲属的胎盘细胞
I needed placental cells from a close blood relative.
阿曼达·格林自愿提供了
Amanda Green volunteered.
你知道的 她怀孕了
She's pregnant, you know.
但她不是血亲
But she's not a blood relative.
不 但胚胎是试管婴儿
No. But she conceived in vitro.
所用的卵子是亨利女儿凯瑟琳的
The egg was donated by Henry's daughter Catherine.
如果孩子来自凯瑟琳的卵子
if that baby came from Catherine's egg,
凯瑟琳就有权要回孩子
Catherine has a strong claim to it.
让她对阿曼达有很大的话语权
Pretty big club for her to hold over Amanda.
怪不得她改换了说法
No wonder she changed her story.
但是如果阿曼达说出了事实
But if Amanda tells the truth
凯瑟琳进了监狱
and sends Catherine to prison,
凯瑟琳就得不到孩子了
Catherine won't get the baby then.
谁知道呢 会有一场抚养权大战的
Who knows? It'll be a big fight
凯瑟琳又十分有钱
with a lot of money on Catherine's side.
在我们宣告收养无效之前
You know, until we annulled the adoption,
那孩子是凯瑟琳的女儿 同时是她的孙女
that baby was Catherine's daughter and her granddaughter.
她是我姐姐 她是我女儿
She's my sister. Chh! She's my daughter.
她是我姐姐 她是我女儿
She's my sister. Chh! She's my daughter.
Jack引用了1974年美国电影《唐人街》的台词
《唐人街》 真不错 杰克
Chinatown. That's nice, Jack.
所罗门王曾经面对两个女性一个孩子的情形
You know, when King Solomon had a situation involving two women and one baby,
他威胁要把孩子劈成两半 从而解决了问题
he resolved it by threatening to cut the child in half.
我们可没有剑
We don't have a sword.
但我们有更好的武器
No. We've got something better.
我们都知道发生了什么 格林女士
So we all know what happened, Miss Green,
我们知道凯瑟琳告诉过你要让她父亲死在2010年的事
We know what Catherine told you about her father dying in 2010.
我告诉你们了 我是在撒谎
I told you I was lying about that.
不 你没有撒谎
No, you weren't.
她威胁要把宝宝带走 对不对
She's threatened to take the baby away from you, hasn't she?
我们知道那是她的卵子
And we know it's her egg.
我猜你们这么做是为了共享亲权
I assume you did things this way so you would share maternity
孩子就是你们两个人的
so the child would be both of yours.
但是她捐的卵子 意味着孩子是她的
But her egg donation makes it hers.
真有意思 我以为你让我们过来是有提议给我们的
Fascinating. I thought you brought us down here to offer us a deal.
有必要的话我会提的
I will if I have to.
但我还是想说服格林女士如实作证
But I'd rather convince Miss Green to testify truthfully.
但我不能这么做
But I can't do that.
我知道你自以为知道原因
And I know you think you know why,
也许你说的对 但是
and maybe you're right, but...
我就说这么多
That's all I'm gonna say.
如果凯瑟琳进了监狱
If Catherine goes to jail,
没有哪个法官会把孩子判给她的
no judge will give her the baby.
如果我的证言还不足以定罪怎么办
But what if my testimony isn't enough?
万一 万一她没进监狱呢
What if... What if she doesn't go to jail?
她肯定会进监狱的
Oh, yes, she will.
即使没有你 我们也可以给凯西夫人发传票
Even without you, we can subpoena Mrs. Casey,
巴里切克医生也同意作证
Dr. Balichek has agreed to testify.
如果有必要的话 我们会给格雷厄姆提出辩诉交易
And if we have to, we'll offer a deal to Graham
以换取他的证言
and get his testimony too.
格雷厄姆 你还想让我的客户把他供出来呢
Graham? You wanted my client to roll on him.
即使她进了监狱 她还是有可能拿到孩子
Even if she does go to jail, she might get the baby anyway.
她有足够的钱 可以聘请律师
She's got money. She's got lawyers.
不
No.
也许你这一点没说错
Well, you might be right about that.
所以我们做了些安排
So we've made arrangements.
你们还记得表兄兰迪吧
You all remember cousin Randy, right?
凯瑟琳姑姑 -他为什么在这里
Aunt Catherine? -What is he doing here?
我们在起草文书 让他可以以居家监禁的方式服完
We're working on the paperwork that would allow him to serve his sentence
杀害你侄女的刑期
for accidentally killing your niece under house arrest
这样他就可以照看孩子了
so he could take care of the baby.
就他 -嗯
Him? Mm-hmm.
凯瑟琳会进监狱
Well, Catherine will be in jail.
她哥哥不在国内
Her brother's out of the country.
她姐姐又是个酒鬼
her sister's an alcoholic,
兰迪算是孩子的兄弟 而且他就在这里
and Randy is the baby's cousin. And he's available.
你不会是认真的吧
You can't possibly be serious.
我们十分认真
Oh, completely.
我们打算明天就前往家事法庭
We're prepared to go to family court tomorrow.
还有一件事 兰迪
By the way, Randy.
这个孩子将继承一大笔你爷爷的遗产
The baby will be inheriting a fortune from your grandfather's estate.
这笔遗产也将由你照管
That will be under your care too.
我
I...
我一直都和孩子相处的不错
I've always been really good with kids.
好的 那就这样
Good. So that's settled.
只是想给你们两个一点事前提醒
We just wanted to give the two of you a heads-up.
如果我照做呢
What if I do it?
为你们对凯瑟琳的案子作证
Testify against Catherine.
看在上帝的份上 阿曼达
For god's sake, Amanda--
你真的想把孩子交给这个傻子吗
you really want the baby to go to this idiot?
当然不要 -那你倒是做些什么啊
Of course not. -Well, then do something!
你倒是做啊
What--you do something.
如果我把格雷厄姆供出来呢
What if I give you Graham?
凯瑟琳 你不用这么做的
Catherine, you don't have to do this.
整件事都是他的主意
The whole thing was his idea...
如果我的父亲死在今年 我们就可以省下钱
How we could save money by making sure my father died this year.
巴里切克医生不管乐不乐意都会确保杀了他
How Dr. Balichek was sure to kill him whether he meant to or not.
我真的觉得这不是件大事
I didn't really think it mattered.
我的父亲只是勉强有点意识
My father was barely conscious.
好的 你就过失杀人认罪
All right, you plead to manslaughter.
你要服刑期
You do jail time.
那孩子呢
So what happens to the baby?
和阿曼达在一起
Stays with Amanda.
等你出去之后 谁知道呢
And, um, when you get out, who knows?
谁知道呢
Who knows?
凯瑟琳放弃抵抗了 格雷厄姆知道自己完蛋了
Catherine gave it up. Graham saw he was cooked.
他就一起谋杀认罪 接受了10年刑期
He pleaded to a single count. Took ten years.
我绝对不会让你把孩子给那个白♥痴♥表兄的
I never would have let you give the baby to that idiot cousin.
所罗门王也绝对不会挥剑而下的
And Solomon wouldn't have swung his sword.
都是一出戏罢了
剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表