剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表
是的 写了Poconos字样的帽子
Yeah, the hat. Poconos.
我们有四起发生在那几天的抢劫案
We had four robberies over those days
都是一个戴着这顶帽子的人干的
that come back to a guy wearing this hat.
被抢的都是妓♥女♥吗
These were robberies of escorts?
不是
No.
便利店 加油站
Convenience stores, gas stations,
甚至还抢了个看手相的
a palm reader, even.
两个月过去了 那家伙还逍遥法外
Two months, the guy's still in the wind.
逍遥不了多久了
Not for long.
那几家赌场的监控录像在那几天拍到了康威先生
Couple of your casinos have our Mr. Conway on their security cameras on those dates.
嗯
Mm-hmm.
嘿 B 看看这个
Hey, B, check this out.
当受害者想起身时 嫌疑人用撬棍击中了他的脊柱下部
When the victim tried to get up, the suspect hit him at the base of his spine with a pry bar,
导致他的腿暂时瘫痪
causing temporary paralysis of his legs.
法官大人 我们有了新证据
We have new evidence, your honor,
还有一份来自新泽西州的申请 要求拘留康威以待引渡
and a request from New Jersey to hold Mr. Conway pending extradition
去面对大西洋城的四项抢劫指控
to face four robbery charges in Atlantic City.
并且 我们要求增加保释金到500万美元
And we're seeking bail modification to $5 million.
他们这是循环论证
It's bootstrapping, judge.
卡特先生不能证案
Mr. Cutter's got no case,
所以他让新泽西州帮他干苦力
so he's getting New Jersey to do his dirty work.
这是什么酸葡萄心理 巴克隆德先生
Sour grapes, Mr. Backlund.
保释金定为500万美元
Bail's set at $5 million.
算了
We're done here.
爸爸 我们得帮亚历克斯付保释金
Dad, we have to pay Alex's bail.
卡莉 我们已经受够了 对不起
We're done here, Carrie. I'm sorry.
看来康威先生不会再参加家庭聚会了
I guess no more family dinners for Mr. Conway.
是吧 不过他还是可以指望他未婚妻提供不在场证明
Yeah, well, he can still count on his fiancée to be an alibi witness.
也许我们能做些什么
Maybe we can do something about that.
他们在这里干什么
What are they doing here?
是时候面对亚历克斯的现实了
It's time to face the facts about Alex.
他不是你以为的
He's not the man you thought--
我们以为的那种人
We thought he was.
我才不要听他们的谎言
I won't listen to their lies.
我们是你的父母
We're your parents,
我们值得你五分钟的时间
and we're entitled to five minutes of your time.
坐下 听他们要说什么
Now sit down and listen to them.
卡莉 你知道亚历克斯去大西洋城赌博的事吗
Carrie, did you know Alex had gone to Atlantic City to gamble?
这是他本该在实验室的一晚 结果他去金穹赌场赌博了
This is him at the Golden Dome Casino on a night he was supposed to be in his lab.
他亏了3万多
He lost over $30,000.
亚历克斯在大西洋城时
While Alex was in Atlantic City,
四家店被持枪抢劫
four businesses were robbed at gunpoint.
这是嫌疑人的一张素描
This is a sketch of the suspect.
我不想再听了
I don't want to hear it anymore.
其中一个受害者被嫌疑人用撬棍击中了他的脊柱下部
One of the victims was struck with a pry bar at the base of the spine.
正是贾斯廷·斯特宾斯被射中的地方
The exact same spot where Justine Stebbins was shot.
这样的伤让他们自腰部以下瘫痪
Injuries meant to paralyze them below the waist.
对神经医学有充分了解的人才知道怎么做
Something someone with an intimate knowledge of neurology would know how to do,
还能精准完成
and do with surgical precision.
这不可能 我了解他
It's not possible. I know him.
卡莉 相信我
Carrie, believe me,
有些男人把自己的一面封闭起来
some men keep part of themselves locked up.
他们身着面具 亚历克斯就是这样的人
They wear a mask. Alex is one of those men.
这不可能 我爱他
It can't be. I love him.
你不能再保护他了
You can't protect him anymore.
我为他说谎了
I lied for him.
那女孩被害的那晚 亚历克斯出去慢跑了
The night the girl was killed, Alex went out jogging.
他没和我在一起 他没和我在一起
He wasn't with me. He wasn't with me.
哦 我的天啊
Oh, my god...
我们都要结婚了
We were going to be married.
你的未婚妻不再是你的不在场证人了
Your fiancée's taken herself off your witness list.
你现在孤军奋战了
You're all alone now.
我从11岁起就是一个人了
I've been alone since I was 11.
不管怎样 现在就发现她很软弱
Anyway, better to find out now that she's weak,
总比婚后发现好
than after we're married.
说道软弱 你的案子雷声大雨点小
Speaking of weak, your case is all hat and no cattle.
你们唯一把我的客户和这些犯罪联♥系♥起来的证据
The only evidence tying my client to these crimes
就是被卖♥♥出过几千顶的Poconos棒球帽
is a Poconos cap, thousands of which were sold.
陪审团唯一需要知道的就是他被捕时戴的那顶帽子
The only hat the jury will care about is the one he was wearing when he was arrested.
我们愿意接受20年到无期
The offer's 20 to life.
这一切都是基于对我的研究的误解
This is all predicated on a misunderstanding of my research.
我在对象的原生环境中采访他们
I interview my subjects in their native environment
因为这是能获得准确结果的唯一途径
because that's the only way to get accurate reporting.
马斯特斯和约翰逊一定会以你为豪的
Masters and Johnson would be so proud of you.
威廉·豪威尔·马斯特斯(William Howell Masters)和
弗吉尼亚·伊夏尔曼·约翰逊(Virginia Eshelman Johnson)是两位美国研究者。
马斯特斯是一位内科医生;他的研究伙伴约翰逊在性冲动和性问题的治疗方面的研究起先驱作用
20年到无期
20 to life.
一定会很有意思的
This is gonna be fun.
研究的借口 真是不错的庭审策略
The research excuse. That's some trial strategy.
他太享受这个过程了
He's enjoying this too much.
我们也得做些研究
We need to do our own research.
冒险 自我膨胀 滥交
Risk-taking, inflated sense of self, promiscuity.
PCLR反♥社♥会♥人格测量表上有20个指标
There are 20 markers on the P.C.L.R. scale of psychopathy.
康威大部分都符合
Conway ticks most of them.
我以为那些精神病都超级理性的
I thought psychopaths were hyper-rational.
这家伙就是脱缰的野马
This guy's a runaway train.
他也不是那么失控
Well, he's not so out of control.
他从抢劫加油站变成抢劫妓♥女♥
He went from robbing gas stations to escorts
因为妓♥女♥更少报案
because they weren't likely to report him.
他对那个世界的接触可能就是他首次接触到性冒险主义的时候
His exposure to that world is probably where he got his taste for sexual adventurism.
他任由自己陷入堕落和暴♥力♥的漩涡
He allowed himself to be sucked into a vortex of perversion and violence
因为这让他感到兴奋
because it thrilled him.
他提出的研究目的抗辩呢
What about his research defense?
根据他的教授们 康威正在努力确定
According to his professors, Conway's working to identify
负责性取向的大脑中枢
the centers of the brain responsible for sexual orientation.
但是对性工作者和变性人的实地采访 这种冒险行为
But commando stuff like field interviews with sex workers and transsexuals
通常不是研究手段
isn't a normal part of it.
现在他尝到暴♥力♥的滋味了
Now that he has a taste for the violence,
他还会停手吗
how likely is he to stop?
很大可能是不会了
How about not bloody likely.
除非我们逼他停手
Unless we stop him.
我想听听有什么方法
I'd love to hear how.
没有目击证人 没有作案工具
No eyewitness, no murder weapon--
我们给了他辩诉交易 他拒绝了
We offered him a plea, he turned us down.
毫无意外
Not surprising.
精神变♥态♥者在行事时会分♥析♥成本收益
Psychopaths engage in a cost-benefit analysis of their behavior.
他们不会被唬住
They can't be bluffed.
那就再给他点甜头 让辩诉交易更有吸引力
So sweeten the pot to make the plea more attractive.
把这个成长中的连环杀人犯高高举起 轻轻放下
And give a budding serial killer a slap on the wrist?
我要让康威在牢里呆够日子
I'm gonna to put Mr. Conway in jail for a good long time.
你刚才说什么冒险和自我膨胀的事
What were you saying about risk-taking and an inflated sense of self?
哪些指标中麦克符合了多少
How many markers on that scale does Mike hit?
在本案中 你们可能会听到有关异常性行为的证据
In this case, you might hear evidence of unusual sexual behavior.
考虑到这一点 你怎么看待和变性人做♥爱♥的人
With that in mind, what would you think of someone who had sex with transsexuals?
我觉得那种人有病
I'd think he was sick.
有因回避 法官
For cause, judge.
在挑选陪审员时,根据法定事由要求某名候选陪审员回避。
6号♥候选陪审员可以离开了
Number six is excused with my thanks.
7号♥候选陪审员 你会不会仅因一个人的行为
Number seven, would you be prejudiced against a person
可能被认为有风险或不和常规
simply because he behaved in a manner that some might consider
就对他们有偏见
risky or outside the norm?
我不 我不知道
I don't, uh, I don't know.
我真的很难集中精神
It's really hard for me to focus.
我妻子和我刚刚分居
My wife and I just separated,
我 我真的希望自己不在这里
and, um, I really wish I wasn't here.
这名陪审员可以接受
This juror is acceptable.
他们要留下他吗
They're keeping him?
现在这天才又觉得自己是律师了
Now the genius thinks he's a lawyer.
检方没有异议
The people have no objection.
7号♥候选陪审员入选
Number seven is empaneled.
我打了他
I fought him.
剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表