剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表
说的是碳排放额的限额和交易
Cap and trade. That's about carbon emissions.
是的 限制公♥司♥可以排放的污染量
Right. Limiting the pollution a company can emit.
如果你想排放更多污染
If you want to pollute more,
你可以向排污少的公♥司♥购买♥♥排污指标
you can buy carbon credits from a company who's polluting less.
奇怪的是 布朗这样一个环保斗士
Weird thing, Brown is an eco-warrior,
却和席尔瓦一起反对限额和交易
and here he is, siding with Silva to rip cap and trade.
席尔瓦有证据证明布朗在伪造数据
Yeah, Silva had proof that Brown was falsifying data.
也许他以此来说服布朗支持他
Now maybe he used this to convince Brown to support him.
碳交易是可以赚钱的生意 对吗
Carbon trading--people make money out of that, right?
嗯
Mm-hmm.
一位著名的全球变暖呼吁者批评碳排放限额和交易
A prominent global warming advocate bags on cap and trade,
市场会有所反应的
the market might have noticed.
布朗发言后 碳排放交易公♥司♥的股票暴跌
Stocks in carbon emissions trading companies tanked right after Brown's statement.
如果席尔瓦知道布朗要说什么
If Silva knew what Brown was going to say,
他可能从中牟利
he might have made money off it.
看看席尔瓦博士是否参与了碳排放市场
Find out if Dr. Silva liked to play the carbon market,
再跟他妻子谈谈
and then talk to his wife.
她刚从巴西飞过来
She just flew in from brazil.
我们是在一起会议上遇见的
We met at a conference.
我搬到了里约
I moved to Rio.
我们的生活十分完美
We have the perfect life.
你们应该看看他和我们的女儿妮可在一起时的样子
Our daughter Nicole, you should see him with her.
为什么有人要给奥斯卡下毒
Why anyone would want to poison Oscar--
他是个有争议的人物 对吧
Well, he is a controversial figure, right?
那些变暖主义者
The "warmists,"
全球变暖狂热分子把能泼的脏水都泼到他身上了
The global warming fanatics, have accused him of every crime.
但现在我们看到了他们关于冰川的谎言
But now we see their lies about the glaciers,
他们对数据的操纵
the manipulation of data.
席尔瓦夫人 不好意思 但我们必须要问
Mrs. Silva, I'm sorry to have to ask you this,
你知道你丈夫上周购买♥♥了一家
but did you know that your husband bought stock options
碳排放交易公♥司♥的股票期权吗
in a carbon emissions trading company last week?
股票期权 -是的
Stock options? -Yes.
价值5万美元的短期看涨期权
$50,000 worth of short call options.
布朗博士发言反对限额交易后
Now the company's stock dropped
该公♥司♥的股票下跌
after Dr. Brown came out against cap and trade,
现在你丈夫的投资价值20万美元
and now your husband's investment is worth $200,000.
我们认为你丈夫迫使布朗博士做出如此的发言
We think your husband pressured Dr. Brown into making those statements
以便他从中牟利
so he could profit from it.
这也许是有人给他下毒的原因
It may be a reason why someone poisoned him.
奥斯卡不是骗子
Oscar's no crook.
他是个正派且诚实的人
He's a decent and honest man.
你们说的不可能是真的
You can't be right.
他说如果我不公开反对限额交易 他就要毁了我
He said he'd ruin me if i didn't come out publicly against cap and trade.
他答应要从他的骗局里给你分成了吗
Did he promise you a cut of his scam?
不 他说如果我还不身败名裂就算是幸运了
No. He said I was lucky if I kept my reputation.
我又有什么选择呢
What choice did I have?
他威胁说如果我去报♥警♥
He threatened to send the emails to the media
他就把邮件曝光给媒体
if I went to the police.
我怕了他了
I was scared.
那家伙有点不对劲
There's something off about the man.
除了他在勒索你之外 还有什么不对劲的
Beyond the fact that he was blackmailing you?
晨会前一天 我们在聊天
We were talking the day before the panel,
然后他接了个电♥话♥
and then he takes a call,
他开始用葡萄牙语和对面争论
and he starts arguing with someone in Portuguese.
语气强烈
Something vicious.
我想也许他是在巴西的贫民窟长大的
And I got to thinking that maybe he was raised in a favela.
你知道那些人能干出什么事吗
You know what those guys are capable of?
不知道 不过你好像很清楚
No. But you seem to.
也许你以为勒索才刚刚开始
Maybe you thought the extortion had just begun.
我没有过给他下毒
I did not poison him.
我发誓
I swear.
我们和早餐上五个人聊过了
We talked to five people at the breakfast,
所有人都证实布朗在席尔瓦到达之前就已经离开了
and all of them verify that Brown left before Silva arrived.
卡特莫尔又在3000英里外
And with Cattermole 3,000 miles away,
我们的调查又回到了原点
we're back to square one.
嗯
Hmm.
席尔瓦和布朗聊天时接到的电♥话♥
That phone call Silva got when he was talking to Brown,
是他远在巴西的妻子打来的
it was from his wife in Brazil.
把布朗吓到的那通电♥话♥吗
The phone call that scared Brown?
是的 席尔瓦变得十分凶狠 对他妻子大喊大叫
Yeah. Silva turned vicious, screaming at his wife.
她告诉我们她和席尔瓦的生活十分完美
She told us she and Silva had the perfect life.
呵
Hmm.
别担心他的私人物品
Don't worry about his personal effects.
我会叫人来取的 -这是干嘛呢
I'll send for them. -Whoa, what's going on here?
我要用医用直升机把奥斯卡送去圣保罗
I'm medevacing Oscar to Sao Paulo.
你刚来了12个小时就走吗
12 hours after you got here?
着什么急
What seems to be the hurry?
这里的医生能做的一切
There's nothing they can do for him here
在巴西家里的医生一样能做
that doctors can't do for him at home in Brazil,
走吧
So let's go.
谁都别想走
No one's going anywhere.
请把他送回病房♥
Please, take him back to the room.
尤其是你 席尔瓦夫人 -你无权这么做
Especially you, Mrs. Silva. -You don't have the right!
我们需要问你一些问题
We need to ask you some questions.
我什么问题都不用回答
I don't have to answer any questions.
我是持有巴西护照的巴西公民
I'm a Brazilian citizen with a Brazilian passport.
这是个纽约警局的警徽
Well, this is an NYPD badge.
走吧
Let's go.
席尔瓦夫人作为一名巴西公民
As a Brazilian citizen, Mrs. Silva refuses
在她能与领♥事♥馆♥沟通之前 她拒绝回答任何问题
to answer any questions until she talks to her consulate.
美国是双国籍国家,美国公民申请入籍其他国家并不必然导致其丧失美国国籍,
除非该人自愿申请入籍其他国家并明确表示放弃美国国籍
她的巴西护照把新泽西州列为她的出生地
Well, her Brazilian passport lists New Jersey as her place of birth,
这意味着她是这个国家的公民
so that makes her a citizen of this country.
也许她愿意作为一个美国人来回答我们的问题
So maybe she'd like to answer our questions as an American.
我丈夫被下毒时 我还在巴西
I was in Brazil when my husband was poisoned.
我又能知道什么呢
How could I know anything?
我们已经确认了你的丈夫设计了股票骗局
We confirmed your husband engineered that stock scam.
我们现在需要知道的是他为什么需要这笔钱
Now we just need to know why he needed the money.
他是有赌债还是有情妇
Was it a gambling debt or was it a mistress?
这就是你们几天前在电♥话♥里吵架的原因吗
Is that what you two were fighting about on the phone a few days ago?
你好大的胆子
How dare you.
如果你丈夫对你不忠 你会生气我们也能理解
We understand that if your husband was cheating on you, you'd be angry.
气到想要伤害他
Angry enough to hurt him.
行了 沟通到此结束
All right. End of conversation.
你们明显没有足够的证据来逮捕她
Obviously you don't have enough to arrest her,
等巴西领事和你们国♥务♥院♥沟通后
and we'll see how long this b.s. detention lasts
看你们还能关她多久
after the Brazilian consul talks to the State Department.
如果她是下毒的幕后黑手
If she was behind the poisoning,
她必须要有一名共犯
she would have needed an accomplice to pull it off,
会议上的某一个人
Someone at the conference.
她肯定会在巴西和这个人通过电♥话♥沟通
Someone she would have talked to on the phone from Brazil.
我们需要当地电♥话♥公♥司♥的记录
We'll need records from the local phone company.
MLAT = Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties司法互助条约
这种条约通常要求各国在刑事诉讼中♥共♥享信息和证据
好的 我去提交一份MLAT申请
All right, I'll put in an M-LAT request.
在此期间 扣下她的护照
In the meantime, we keep her passport.
不能让她离开这个国家
She doesn't leave the country.
好的
All right.
所以早餐上的某个人
So we're looking for someone at the breakfast
可能是席尔瓦夫人的共犯
who might have been Mrs. Silva's accomplice.
我们在挨个核实在场人员名单上的人
Yeah, well, we're working our way through the list of attendees.
我们发现一位先生一直缠着会议组织者
We found one gentleman who's been pestering the organizers
要求全额退款
for a full refund for the conference.
他声称自己没有参加任何活动
He claims he didn't attend a single event.
不过早餐签到单上有他的签名
Yeah, except they have his signature on the sign-in sheet for the breakfast.
看起来似乎有人在试图制♥造♥不在场证明
It sounds like someone was trying to create an alibi.
嗯
Hmm.
蒙大拿州上空有一道锢囚锋
There was an occluded front over Montana
整个星期都在形成罕见的云层
kicking up rare cloud formations all week.
正确的拼写似乎应该是stratocumulus
这可是层积云
I'm talking stratocumes.
所以我在会议开始前一晚离开了
剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表