剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表
in tenement hallways where junkies are shooting dope.
你给他们都买♥♥了鸡尾酒吗
Did you ply them all with cocktails?
罗德里戈点的喝的
Rodrigo ordered the drinks.
你再顺便给他点吸毒的钱
And throw them a little drug money on the side?
那是车费
It was carfare.
莱恩教授总是说你很在行 卡特先生
Professor Ryan always said you were on the ball, Mr. Cutter.
坦白地说 我有点失望
Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed
你能把出租车费当成贿赂
you'd mistake cab money for a bribe.
罗德里戈有没有说过他生着乔恩·索伦蒂诺的气
Did Rodrigo ever mention he was pissed off at Jon Sorrentino
因为乔恩威胁他要向警方报案
for threatening to turn him over to the police?
我才不用把我的采访记录给你
I don't have to download my interview for you.
确实 但是你现在知道了全部的真♥相♥
No, but now you have all the facts.
你肯定要怀疑他的可信度了
You must have doubts about his credibility.
乔恩·索伦蒂诺才是那个说谎的人
Jon Sorrentino is the one who lied here.
他雇了杀手去干掉他的伴侣
He hired somebody to kill his partner
还让它看起来像是反同犯罪
and make it look like a gay bashing.
你在乱抓救命稻草 就是不肯承认自己错了
You're grasping at straws instead of admitting you were wrong.
我想抓的部分才刚刚开始
I think the grasping's just begun.
谢谢
Thank you.
发生了什么
What the hell's going on now?
我接到了艾米丽·莱恩的电♥话♥
I got a call from Emily Ryan.
你传唤了她学生的学习记录
You subpoenaed her students' academic records?
她的一名学生贿赂了证人
One of her students paid off a witness--
那个搞翻了我们案子的证人
the witness who blew up our case.
你的传票覆盖了过去十年在她法律诊所工作的所有学生
Your subpoena covered every student who's worked at her clinic for the past ten years--
他们的成绩 他们的书面作业 他们的电子邮件
their grades, their written assignments, their email messages.
我们有权知道这种不当行为是否形成了规律
We're entitled to know if there's a pattern to these improprieties.
你想找筹码是一回事
Leverage is one thing.
你这是向哈德逊清白无辜联盟宣战了
You've declared war on the Hudson Innocence Coalition?
为什么要保护那些以破坏我们工作为己任的人呢
Why protect people who make it their mission to undermine our work?
我还没有自大到相信我们从不犯错
I'm not arrogant enough to believe we never make mistakes.
当我发现他们的证人
my doubts disappeared when I found out
是被现金和龙舌兰引诱出来之后
their witness was enticed to come forward
我的怀疑就消失了
with cash and tequila.
和艾米丽·莱恩辩论法理不是难事
It's easy to wax philosophical about Emily Ryan,
但是这样当众羞辱我 杰克
but the egg's on my face, Jack.
别叫我撤回传票
Don't ask me to withdraw that subpoena.
好了
Here you go.
如果她执意要把迪亚兹作为她的明星证人
If she's intent on making Diaz her star witness,
我们就招来他骗过的所有客户来弹劾他
we'll find every customer he's ever ripped off to impeach him.
说起来容易做起来难 迈克
Mm, that's easier said than done, Mike.
在起草给无国界医生组织的传票吗
working on a subpoena to doctors without borders?
莱恩教授 有什么可以帮您的
Oh, what can we do for you, Professor Ryan?
我刚和杰克·麦考伊谈过
I just talked to Jack McCoy,
他说他支持你讨♥伐♥我学生的行为
and he says that he's standing behind your crusade against my students.
所以我们能等到你们的记录了
So when can we expect the records?
哦 你们还得再闯几个难关
Oh, you still have a few more hoops you're gonna have to jump through.
我们已经准备好应对你们撤销传票的申请了
Well, we're fully prepared for your motion to quash our subpoena.
我不是教过你反作用吗
Didn't I teach you about blowback, Mike?
有时你打开一扇自认为安全的门
Sometimes you open up a door that you think is safe,
结果地狱烈火咆哮而出
and an inferno comes roaring out.
记住 这是你的决定
Just remember, this was your call.
是我刚刚幻听了 还是她刚刚威胁你了
Am I just hearing things, or did she just threaten you?
这只是标准的辩护律师花招
Ah, it's just standard defense-lawyer shtick.
别担心
Don't worry about it.
这些学术记录的隐私受联邦法律保护
The privacy of these academic records is protected by federal law.
卡特先生的传票是对哈德逊大学及其学生的侮辱
Mr. Cutter's subpoena is an insult to Hudson University and its students.
当这些学生选择介入刑事案件时
Well, these students forfeited their right to privacy
他们就放弃了自己的隐私权
when they chose to intervene in a criminal case.
我的法律诊所洗清了22个被判无期无假释的人的罪名
My clinic has freed 22 innocent men who were doing life without parole.
如果学生们认为政♥府♥正在阅读他们的电子邮件
How am I gonna get students to volunteer for this kind of work
审查他们的学业记录
if they think the government is reading their emails,
我还怎么劝他们来志愿参加工作
scrutinizing their academic record?
地检办公室索要这些记录的唯一目的
The D.A.'s office has no interest in these records
就是确定莱恩女士的学生是否有动机伪造证据
other than to determine if Ms. Ryan's students were incentivized to manufacture new evidence.
我们已经确定了一名学生干扰了证人
Now, we've already established that a student corrupted a witness.
那名学生就是付了车费 一起喝了几杯
The student paid for carfare, bought a couple of drinks.
毒资和酒
Drug money and booze.
法官大人 这可能只是冰山一角
This may be the tip of the iceberg, your honor.
检方已明确表示存在不当行为 莱恩教授
The prosecution has made a clear showing of impropriety, Professor Ryan.
我想知道你的法律诊所里还发生了什么别的事情
I want to know what else is going on over there at your clinic.
所以卡特先生 我允许你获取专业记录
So I'll give you the academic records, Mr. Cutter,
但是不能看邮件
not the emails.
成功洗清罪名的学生的平均成绩
Students who worked on a successful exoneration have a grade
比没有成功脱罪的学生高6分
average six points higher than one who didn't.
麦克 这里面有你的成绩吗
And are your grades in there too, Mike?
他们获得了奖励
Just because they're being rewarded
不意味着他们也作了虚假记录
doesn't mean they're cooking the books.
大部分莱恩的脱罪案例都是基于无可辩驳的DNA证据
Most of Ryan's exonerations were based on irrefutable DNA matches.
我并不是说她发现的每一个新证据都有问题
I'm not saying that every piece of new evidence she's uncovered is tainted,
但这些孩子面临着推♥翻♥定罪的压力
but there's pressure on these kids to overturn convictions.
她这种隐形奖励系统
And her tacit reward system,
营造了一种过度热情的氛围
it--it fosters a culture of overzealousness.
艾米丽找到了一个捷径
and--and Emily, she finds the way in.
我猜你这是经验之谈
I assume you're speaking from experience.
嗯
Yeah.
她知道我节日期间无处可去
She knew I had nowhere to go for the holidays,
她之前会在感恩节邀请我去她家
and she used to invite me to her house for Thanksgiving,
和她丈夫在一起 圣诞晚宴也是
with her husband--and Christmas dinner.
我是会为她挡子弹的
And I would have run into bullets for her.
你就是这样报答她的好意的
And this is how you repay her kindness.
参与斯塔伯案的四个学生
The four students who worked on Stuber's case
都得到了给未来雇主的推荐信
got letters of recommendation to prospective employers.
你打算在斯塔伯案重审的过程中把这些都说进去
And you're planning on introducing all of this at Stuber's new trial.
忘了重审吧
Forget the retrial.
我们申请举♥行♥听证会
We'll move for a hearing to see how far
倒要看看莱恩的学生为了制♥造♥错误定罪
Ryan's students went to manufacture
究竟会走多远
a wrongful conviction here.
布莱登法官可以恢复陪审团裁决
Judge Braden can reinstate the jury verdict.
莱恩教授对这样的单一证人身份辨认案件总是抱怀疑态度
Professor Ryan was always skeptical of one-witness I.D. cases like this one,
尤其是受到群体压力要求一起逮捕时
especially when there was community pressure to make an arrest.
所以她让我们找乔恩和艾伦的邻居谈谈
so she had us talk to Jon and Alan's neighbors.
有一个人告诉了我们罗德里戈·迪亚兹 他们的毒贩
One of them put us onto their drug dealer, Rodrigo Diaz.
你第一次和迪亚兹说话是在一个龙舌兰酒吧
The first time you talked to Mr. Diaz was in a tequila bar.
你指望什么呢 他是个毒贩子啊
What did you expect? He's a drug dealer.
你就你们的谈话给了他不少补偿
Whom you compensated for spending time with you.
他要我付他的酒钱和车费
He asked me to pay for his drinks and carfare.
这笔钱由诊所报销了
I was reimbursed by the clinic.
但在拿到现金并喝下一罐玛格丽塔之后
But after taking the cash and then downing a pitcher of margaritas,
他就揭露了你要找的新证据
he revealed the new evidence you were looking for.
他没有醉到让我怀疑他说的话的地步
He wasn't drunk enough to make me doubt what he was saying.
然后他同意为你作证
And then he agreed to testify for you
就像任何正直的公民一样
just like any upstanding citizen.
没错
That's right.
你确定你没有给他更多的钱或其他任何东西来激励他吗
Are you sure you didn't offer him more money or anything else to motivate him?
他担心他会被捕
He was worried about being arrested,
因为他要承认他贩毒了
because he'd be admitting to selling drugs.
我告诉他如果这种事发生了
I told him if that happened,
法律诊所会给他找一位律师
the clinic would get him a lawyer.
这一堆事情
Did you mention any of this--
免费律师 车钱 酒
the free lawyer, the carfare, the drinks--
你有和莱恩教授提过任何一件事吗
to Professor Ryan?
额
Well...
没有
No.
你参与斯塔伯案之后
After your work on the Stuber case,
莱恩教授是不是就联邦法官书♥记♥员的工作帮你写了推荐信
did Professor Ryan write you a letter of recommendation for a federal clerkship?
是的 她写了
Yes. She did.
我是唯一一个给你写推荐信的教授吗
Am I the only professor to write you a letter of recommendation?
不 我还有其他两封 我是班级前10%
No. I have two others. I'm in the top 10% of my class.
我还是学校法律评论杂♥志♥的编辑
I'm also on law review.
你有动力美化迪亚兹的故事
剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表