剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表
The jury will see the pattern.
也可能看不出来
or not.
拆案申请
Motion to sever.
辩护方想要三场不同的庭审
Defense wants three separate trials.
先生们 你们的桌子好了
Gentlemen, your table is ready.
他得工作
He has to work.
嗯
Yeah.
检方案子的前提是
The premise of the people's case is that
五名被告人共同参与了一个计划
all five defendants participated in a common plan.
要形成对犯罪模式的理解 他们必须一起受审
An understanding of the pattern of the crime requires that they be tried together.
这所谓的犯罪模式存在的最强的暗示
The strongest suggestion that this so-called pattern exists
就是让这五个被告人一起坐在陪审团面前
would come from making these five individuals sit together in front of a jury.
检方是想通过亲近关系来证明罪过的存在
The people are attempting to establish guilt by proximity.
卡特先生 你确实指控三个不同的杀人行为发生了三次
Mr. Cutter, you are alleging three separate homicidal acts at three separate times.
法官大人 何来的凶杀案
What homicide, your honor?
对于被告人凯西来说
As to defendant Casey,
指控就是她出于一个唯利是图的目的延长了她父亲的生命
the charge is that she prolonged her father's life for a mercenary reason.
我 我实在是找不到任何法条规定说
Now...I--I can't find any statute
出于任何原因延长生命反而是一起犯罪
that makes it a crime to prolong a life for any reason.
她延长她父亲的生命
She only prolonged her father's life
只是为了在适当的时候终结他
until she saw fit to end it.
别想了 卡特先生
No sale, Mr. Cutter.
针对凯西女士的指控被撤销
Charge against Miss Casey is dismissed.
法官 对于其他被告人来说 如果一名陪审员
As for the others, judge, if a juror believed
相信了针对他们任何一人的指控
an allegation against any defendant,
可能会被他不当的施加到他们所有人身上
it might be applied improperly to them all.
你不用说了 我同意
Ah, save your breath. I agree.
拆案申请被批准
Motion to sever is granted.
也许是因祸得福呢
Maybe it's a blessing in disguise.
我们先打证据最强的案子
We'll lead with our strongest case.
我们刚刚输了 你还高兴什么
You're happy we just lost?
针对凯西的案子根本不可能打赢的
The charge against Casey was never gonna hold.
我们也没有针对威尔的证人
We don't have a witness against Weil,
我们就先起诉凯瑟琳·道格拉斯
So we'll start with Catherine Douglas.
我们唯一的证据就是她前女友的证言
All we have is the testimony of her ex-girlfriend.
还有威尔母亲和凯西父亲的死
That, plus the deaths of Weil's mother and Casey's father.
你和我刚才是在一起上庭的吗
Were you and I just in the same courtroom?
法官刚刚说我们不能合并审理
The judge said we couldn't try them together.
他可没有说People v. Molineux案不能适用
He didn't say a word about People v. Molineux.
纽约州上诉法♥院♥于1901年确立的标志性判例,检察官可以提供被告人之前的不良行为
或罪行的证据,但只能用于证明动机、目的、错误、意图以及共谋,而不能用于证明犯罪倾向
我们可以引入未指控的行为证据
We can introduce evidence of uncharged acts
以证明存在共同的计划或计谋
to show a common scheme or plan.
没错 这样我们可以引入其他几起死亡而不用证明他们
Right. So we can bring in the other deaths without needing to prove them.
不过前女友还是我们的明星证人
The ex-girlfriend's still our star witness, though.
她们的分手有多糟糕
How bitter was their breakup?
辩护方能说她是出于报复心态而撒谎吗
Will the defense be able to accuse her of lying out of spite?
我可以搜搜数据库看看她们有没有诉过对方
I can check Westlaw and see if they've ever sued each other.
凯瑟琳·道格拉斯
Catherine Douglas...
还有阿曼达·格林
and Amanda Green.
哦天啊
Oh, my.
凯瑟琳·道格拉斯不只是你的情人
Catherine Douglas wasn't just your lover.
她收养了你
She adopted you.
她是你妈妈
She's your mother.
都是些虚假的说法而已
Only in some fictitious sense.
那可是合法的说法
Some legal fictitious sense.
你们是母女关系
You are parent and child.
我们在一起了很长时间
We were together for a long time.
同性恋婚姻合法前
Before gay marriage existed,
很多同性♥伴♥侣♥都是通过相互收养的方式获得家庭权利
a lot of gay partners adopted each other to get family rights,
获得探视权利
to visit each other in the hospital,
获得共有财产的权利 还有其他权利
own property together, all kinds of things.
包括金融权利
including financial things.
亨利·道格拉斯知道这件事吗
Did Henry Douglas know about this?
不 我们谁都没有告诉我
No. We didn't tell anybody.
那会逼疯凯瑟琳的大多数家人的
Would have made most of Catherine's family crazy.
呵 现在他们肯定是要气疯了
Ha. It will now. For sure.
作为凯瑟琳的女儿 你也是亨利·道格拉斯的孙女
As Catherine's daughter, you're Henry Douglas's grandchild.
你有权继承他的遗产
You have a share in that part of his estate.
我从来没这么想过
I never thought about that.
这是个问题吗
Why is this a problem?
我还是会为你们针对凯瑟琳的案子作证的
I'll still testify against Catherine.
她也不是我真正的妈妈
She's not really my mother.
她是的
Yes, she is.
法律意义上严格来说是的所以呢
Technically, legally. So what?
她继承她父亲遗产中的最大的部分
She inherits the largest part of her father's estate.
但是如果她被判谋杀了他
But if she's found guilty of his murder,
那部分遗产就会被禁止继承
that inheritance gets barred.
她不能从她的犯罪中获益
She can't profit from her crime.
该部分继承权会转移到她的近亲属身上 她的女儿
It passes to her next of kin--her daughter.
也就是你
You.
全部都是吗
All of it?
你有5000万个说谎以给她定罪的理由
You have 50 million reasons to lie to convict her,
辩护方可不会把这件事藏着掖着
and the defense won't be shy about pointing that out.
你的证言将毫无意义 除非
Your testimony will be worthless unless...
除非什么
What?
你放弃继承权
You renounce the inheritance.
不行
No.
比起正义实现 你更想要那笔钱吗
You want the money more than you want to see justice done?
不 但是 我不想
No, but... I don't--
我也不想看到这笔钱让亨利的其他亲戚拿去
I don't want to see that money go to Henry's other relatives.
他们都是毒蛇 他们从未珍惜过他
They were vipers. They never appreciated him.
而那笔钱
And it...it...
也不全是为了我自己
wouldn't be just for me.
那是为了谁
Well, who would it be for?
我尚未出世的女儿
My unborn daughter.
我怀孕了
I'm pregnant.
你看到其他因祸得来的福了吗
So you see any more blessings in disguise?
没有
No.
如果她不放弃继承权
If she doesn't renounce that inheritance,
我们就没有案子可打了
our case falls apart.
那我们就帮她放弃
Then we'll just have to renounce it for her.
你也听见她说的了
You heard what she said.
她不认为凯瑟琳·道格拉斯是她的母亲
She doesn't think of Catherine Douglas as her mother.
所以呢 -所以收养是欺诈性质的
So? -So the adoption is a fraud.
我们要宣告收养关系无效
We'll get it nullified.
家事法庭没有那么正式
We do things a bit less formally in family court,
但是我们也是有法庭记录的
But we are on the record.
那我们应该注明道格拉斯女士是以虚假理由出庭的
Then we should note that Miss Douglas is here under false pretenses.
她在试图避免自己受谋杀起诉
She's trying to protect herself from a murder charge.
所以她才会反对我们宣告她对格林女士的收养无效
That's why she's opposing our motion to invalidate her adoption of Miss Green.
并不是这样
Not so.
我的客户是来维护同性恋人群获得家庭关系的权利的
My client is here to protect the right of gay people to enter into family relationships.
即使道格拉斯女士是不洁之手
Even if Miss Douglas doesn't have clean hands,
我的客户也符合洁净之手原则
my client does.
格林女士除了上述原则之外没有其他动机
Miss Green has no agenda except for that principle.
她还要保护她可能继承的大额遗产份额呢
And to preserve her share of an enormous inheritance.
凯瑟琳 那不是我反对的理由
That's not why I'm fighting this, Catherine.
不管你怎么想
No matter what you might think.
再见到你 我也很高兴 阿曼达
It's nice to see you again too, Amanda.
请大家回到争议上来
People, let's stay on point.
卡特先生声称你们的收养关系是欺诈性的
Uh, Mr. Cutter contends that your adoption was a fraud.
格林女士告诉我们她从未视道格拉斯女士为她的母亲
Miss Green told us that she never considered Miss Douglas to be her mother,
她认为她们是配偶关系
that she considered her to be her spouse.
是这样的吗
Is that right?
我们不能成为法律上的配偶
We couldn't be spouses legally.
在当时 那是我们获得家庭关系的唯一途径
At the time, it was the only way we could be related.
但是如果你可以和道格拉斯女士结婚
But if you could have married Miss Douglas,
你们就会去结婚了 对吗
you would have, wouldn't you?
是的
Yes.
道格拉斯女士 你也是吗
Miss Douglas, you too?
所以你们以配偶方式生活 以配偶方式行事
剧集 | 法律与秩序(1990) | 导航列表