剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表
Wendell Corey says you did.
温德尔·科里说你有
That's not what he said
那和我在闭路电视里
on the closed circuit television replay I saw,
看到的他所做的回答不一样
but if he did say that in some other venue,
但是如果他在其他场合下这么说过
I would say he was mistaken.
我只能说他搞错了
Did you advise or instruct Ryan Larson or anyone else
你有没有建议或者要求过莱恩·拉森
at Borns Tech to design or test cluster bombs?
或伯恩斯科技的其他人设计或测试集束炸♥弹♥
No. I did not.
不 我没有
Did a man named Karl Stoltz ever authorize Ryan Larson
有没有一个叫卡尔·斯托尔兹的人曾授权
to test cluster bombs?
莱恩·拉森测试集束炸♥弹♥
Uh, I've never heard of anyone by the name of Karl Stoltz.
我从没听说过什么卡尔·斯托尔兹
Are you familiar with the original plaintiff
你知不知道本案的初始原告
in this lawsuit-- Rachel Kennedy?
瑞秋·肯尼迪
Only from the pleadings.
只在诉状中读到过
She had to drop out of the suit
她被一辆车撞死后
after she was run over by a car and killed.
诉讼被迫结束了
yeah, I-- I know--
我知道
I know she had to drop out.
我知道诉讼被迫结束了
Who's Lucy Kittridge?
露西·基特里奇是谁
How is this remotely relevant?
这和本案有什么关系
I was just getting to that.
马上就说到了
You and Ms Kittridge had a personal relationship. Right?
你和基特里奇女士有私人关系 对吗
She worked for the firm.
她曾为律所工作
Are you aware of a conversation
你是否知道基特里奇女士
between Ms Kittridge and a man named Karl Stoltz?
和一个叫卡尔·斯托尔兹的人发生的对话
Objection. Hearsay.
反对 传闻证据
Not offering for the truth, Your Honor.
这可不是要说真话 法官阁下
Are you aware of a conversation?
你知道他们发生过对话吗
I don't know anyone named Stoltz.
我不认识什么姓斯托尔兹的
Very well.
很好
Are you aware Mr. Stoltz made threats on your life?
你知道斯托尔兹先生威胁过你的生命安全吗
Can we at least get an offer of proof?
能不能至少说明下和本案的关联在哪里
Where is this going? My offer of proof
对方到底要问什么 和本案的关联在于
is that Mr. Stoltz made threats against this witness,
斯托尔兹先生威胁过这名证人
and then the next day he wound up dead in the trunk of a car.
第二天他就死在一辆车的后备箱里了
What's the basis of knowledge here?
对方律师又是如何知道的
It was my car.
那是我的车
There isn't a scrap of evidence
没有丝毫证据证明
tying our client to a murder.
我们的当事人和谋杀案有关
So if Lucy Kittridge--
那么如果露西·基特里奇
there she is right here-- Lucy--
就坐在那儿 露西
if she gets on the stand and testifies
如果她出庭作证说你认识
that you know Karl Stoltz, would she be lying? Objection.
卡尔·斯托尔兹 那是说谎吗 反对
Calls for speculation.
这是在胡乱猜测
Well, Ms Kittridge is going to be my next witness.
基特里奇女士是我下一位要传唤的证人
I will take it to bene. Go ahead.
我不认为这有什么问题 继续
Ms Kittridge is going to say
基特里奇女士会说
that Mr. Stoltz had a conversation with you.
斯托尔兹先生和你有过对话
You know what I find,
你知道我觉得你哪里做的
unconscionable?
很过分吗
Yes, please.
请说
A bottom-feeding vulture picking flesh off the bones of the dead
一只秃鹫蚕食着已逝之人的骨血
at the expense of a great company,
敲诈一家伟大的公♥司♥
one that employs thousands of Americans with good jobs,
一家给无数美国人提供工作
all the while protecting American interests
还在国内外保护美国利益的
here and abroad.
公♥司♥
And making you and Wendell Corey rich.
也让你和温德尔·科里发了财
We get paid well because we do our work well.
我们收入高是因为我们尽忠职守
The beneficiaries of that work are not just Borns Tech.
因此收益的人群并非只是伯恩斯科技
It's everyone.
而是所有人
Even you.
包括你
Me?
我
Yeah. You, sir...
是的 你 先生
I have--
我曾
As a soldier, as a lawyer, as a citizen,
作为一名士兵 律师和公民
I have given my life to this country's--
我为这个国家最重要的基础设施
this nation's fundamental infrastructures,
亦即这个国家的法律和安全系统
its systems of law and security.
奉献了一切
It's what allows little men
正是因为该系统
like you your day in court.
你这种小人才能登上法庭
It--
它
Even when it means letting you try to commit fraud.
即使意味着让你有机会实施欺诈
Ms Kittridge will take the stand
基特里奇女士会出庭
and testify that you damn well know Karl Stoltz.
证明你认识卡尔·斯托尔兹
Is it still your testimony that you do not know Karl Stoltz?
你还是要说你不认识卡尔·斯托尔兹吗
I know what he is.
我知道他是什么人
I know what you are.
我知道你是什么人
This is your last chance to set the record straight, sir.
这是你最后一次说实话的机会 先生
I know--
我知道
Mr. Cooperman, can you finish answering the question?
库伯曼先生 请你回答这个问题
Mr. Cooperman.
库伯曼先生
Can you answer the question?
请你回答这个问题
Mr. Cooperman!
库伯曼先生
Are those new glasses?
这幅眼镜是新的吗
Yeah. Cute, right?
是 挺不错的 不是吗
Hey. Billy.
你好 比利
How's it going?
你们好
So what's up?
怎么了
How's he doing?
他怎么样了
He had a stroke.
他中风了
There's some bleeding on the brain.
他脑部有淤血
He's getting an MRI now to determine how much.
现在在做核磁共振检查是否严重
Was he sick or anything? Did he show any signs of it?
他之前就有病吗 有过什么迹象吗
Well, the doctor just told me
医生说
that he had some sort of a mini-stroke three months ago,
他三个月前有过一次小型中风
so maybe that's why he's been acting crazy.
也许这就是他最近如此疯狂的原因
You know his testimony now, it's not going to--
你知道他现在已经没办法作证...
Yeah, I know.
我知道
I didn't get a chance to Seriously.
我还没机会... 难以置信
I didn't get a chance to cross-examine him, so--
我还没机会交叉盘问他 所以
No, I get it.
没关系 我明白
I can't afford to let it go.
我不能就这么结束
I'm not going to let it go.
我不会就这么结束的
Is there any question as to what we should do?
对于我们该怎么做有任何疑问吗
No. We should go forward.
没有 我们应该继续
What?
什么
Well, we're winning, Wendell.
我们现在遥遥领先 温德尔
They've put on a thin case at best.
他们的案子最多只能说刚能站住脚
We're in a good position.
我们的情况很好
Cooperman actually seemed sympathetic.
库伯曼给我们加了同情分
Whoever thought that was possible?
谁能想到呢
Leonard?
你的意思呢
Your call, Wendell.
你决定 温德尔
M-- Leonard,
莱纳德
you've been telling me to settle this from the start.
你从一开始就跟我说赶快和解
We are winning.
我们现在遥遥领先
Let's just keep going and get this shit done already.
让我们继续下去把这案子给了结了
He's right.
他说的对
Is he going to die?
他会死吗
I don't know.
我不知道
So what happens now?
那现在怎么办
I guess we'll see tomorrow.
明天就知道了
Do you think we should go for a mistrial?
你觉得我们应该尝试申请无效审判吗
Why would we do that?
为什么要这么做
No, I'm-- I'm worried
不是 我是担心
that the stroke is going to make him seem
中风会让他在陪审团眼里
human somehow to the jury.
更加人性化
Yeah, I get that.
我明白
But the odds of me getting any of that shit
但是为第二次审判
into evidence at a second trial
准备好证据
剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表