剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表
when we went in. I had to see if they were ready.
我还不怎么确定 我要看他们准备好没有
We're not ready!
可我们还没准备好
We're not ready. They're not, either.
没准备好 他们也没准备好
If they were ready,
如果他们准备好了
they would have brought a whole crew
他们就会带来大批人马
and a bunch of video equipment,
各种摄像器材
a bunch more files, all kind of shit.
成堆的文件什么的
So you in no way feel that this is rushed.
所以你丝毫没觉得这事很武断
We have no choice.
我们别无选择
I mean, I could get arrested any time.
我随时都可能被捕
Oh, stop. Or maybe killed.
得了吧 或被人杀害
Jesus Christ. Time's not exactly on our side here.
老天爷啊 留给我们的时间不多了
Tomorrow?
明天 对吧
The partners aren't happy, Donald.
合伙人们很不满意 唐纳德
I wouldn't call it exactly a revolt,
也许说不上反感
but there's definite rumbling...
但我的确听到有人抱怨
mostly about the Borns Tech case
主要是因为伯恩斯科技的案子
and your relationship with Lucy.
以及你跟露西的关系
That's over,
已经结束了
and the partners' doubts will pass.
合伙人的疑虑会消除的
Well,
好吧
if...
前提是...
we win the Borns case, maybe.
我们赢了伯恩斯科技案
Or what?
输了又会怎样
They'll replace me?
他们会找人取代我吗
I'd like to meet the man they have in mind.
我很想看看他们能找到哪个男人取代我
Or the woman.
或者女人
Listen. Please listen to me, Donald.
听我说 一定要听进去 唐纳德
People are concerned.
大家都有疑虑
You have been a rock, stable, rational.
你一直都很顽固 倔强 有自己的道理
This case has tripped a wire somewhere.
这案子引起了震荡
Oh, my God.
我的天啊
You are more like Billy than you realize.
你都没意识到你跟比利有多像
You both need someone to fight and to hate
你们俩都需要找个目标对抗 憎恨
and to destroy. You can't just be.
摧毁 都不能好好地
I loved Billy.
我以前很喜欢比利
I truly did. Once.
真的 曾经喜欢
We were quite a team.
我们合作得那么好
You couldn't stand him, Donald.
你根本受不了他 唐纳德
Eventually no, but in the beginning I loved him.
最后受不了了 但一开始我还是很喜欢他的
Until you didn't. Until I didn't
后来就不喜欢了 后来不喜欢
because he was weak, because he drank,
是因为他太软弱 酗酒
because he never really stood for anything.
因为他没办法坚持任何事
That's what you do.
你就是这样
People fall,
人会堕落
and you just let them keep falling.
你会任由他们堕落
Oh, come on.
得了吧
Are you going to help Lucy?
你会帮助露西吗
I know that you care about her.
我知道你很在意她
She just might be the one thing to make you happy.
她可能是唯一能让你快乐的人
She made me happy.
她使我快乐
But she was weak.
但她也很软弱
Lawyers are reminded,
代理律师请注意
opening statements are not arguments.
开案陈词不是法庭辩论
They're road maps to let the juries know
只是让陪审团知道
what evidence they can expect to hear.
双方会提供什么样的证据
Plaintiff has the burden of proof
原告方有举证责任
and delivers the first opening statement.
并将首先发表开案陈词
Cool.
好的
Okay, let's do this.
加油
How are you guys doing?
各位好
Sorry. I had a little bit of a kitchen accident.
十分抱歉 我在做饭时发生了点小意外
I was trying to get an avocado pit out,
我本想挖掉鳄梨核
and I did the stab method instead of the chop.
我应该切的 结果却刺了进去
Took off like half my...
割掉了大半个...
I know. I'm here.
我懂 这就开始
I'm here, you're here. Let's do this, right?
大家都在 那我就开始了
So I am Patty Solis-Papagian.
我是帕蒂·索丽思·帕佩基恩
I represent Jason Larson.
是杰森·拉森的委托代理人
So two years ago,
两年前
Ryan Larson, father of Jason,
莱恩·拉森 也就是杰森的父亲
employee of Borns Tech,
伯恩斯科技的员工
blew up on a boat owned by the defendant.
在被告名下的一艘船上爆♥炸♥身亡
What was he doing on the boat?
他当时在船上做什么
Well, he was dumping explosives into the ocean.
他当时在向大海中倾倒爆♥炸♥物
It's completely illegal.
那是绝对违法的
Now, what were these explosives
那他倾倒的爆♥炸♥物
that he was dumping? Well,
都是些什么东西呢
they were parts of an illegal weapon
是伯恩斯科技生产的
that was being made by Borns Tech.
某非法武器的零件
Get this, we have video of the explosion.
同时 我方有此次爆♥炸♥的视频录像
Not only do we have video,
我们不只有视频
we have the blueprints
还有武器的蓝图
and the model of the weapon.
以及模型
We found them buried in his backyard.
我们在他家后面挖到了这些证物
Guy had them buried in his backyard.
他把这些埋在了自家后院
At the end of the day,
总之
Borns Tech is no good.
伯恩斯科技绝非善类
They're just no good
说他们不是善类
because they do dangerous things
是因为他们用有毒物质
with hazardous materials,
做一些危险的事
and they don't care who it affects.
且完全不计后果
They could care less.
完全不在乎
And this is a trend
长久以来
that happens with big corporations
这一点是许多大型企业的
all the time.
指导思想
Your Honor?
法官阁下
Ford with the Pinto,
福特平托案[低价高安全隐患]
Big Tobacco, NFL with the...
大烟草公♥司♥案 国家橄榄球联盟诉...
Those cases have nothing to do with this case.
那些案件都与本案无关
The jury will disregard.
陪审团请不予理会
Please disregard it.
请无需理会
Please disregard it
大家都不要理会
because that's exactly what they do
因为这正是这些大企业
to people like you and me. We are disregarded
对你我所作的 完全不理会我们
because, unless we make them money,
除非能在我们身上获取利益
unless you're putting cash in their pocket... Objection.
除非你把钱放进他们口袋 反对
Ms. Papagian... ...no value to them at all.
帕佩基恩小姐 对他们毫无价值
Sustained.
反对有效
Uh, really,
说真的
one more time, and you're done.
再这样 就取消你陈词资格
All right. Well, I am done.
好的 我马上说完了
Here's the thing.
大家听好
They're going to tell you
他们肯定会跟你们说
that Ryan Larson was suicidal.
莱恩·拉森是自杀身亡
Absolutely a lie.
这绝对是谎言
In no way was Ryan Larson suicidal.
莱恩·拉森绝不可能是自杀
Thank you for your time.
感谢大家的倾听
Hi.
各位好
That was interesting.
刚才很有意思
It's very impassioned.
充满了激♥情♥
The evidence will show
我方有证据
that Ryan Larson left a suicide note.
莱恩·拉森留下了自杀遗言
Look, Borns Tech is in the business
伯恩斯科技的宗旨是
of protecting America from terrorism.
保护美国不受恐♥怖♥主♥义♥侵袭
That's what we do.
那是我们的职责
Let me take this opportunity
借此机会
to introduce you to Leonard Letts,
向大家介绍莱纳德·莱茨
my co-counsel,
与我一同代理的律师
and Lucy Kittridge.
以及露西·基特里奇
剧集 | 律界巨人(2016) | 导航列表