剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
rather than being the daughter of an uppity chauffeur?
无论如何 别急着决定
Well, don't do anything in a hurry.
我们可不想失去你 汤姆
We don't want to lose you, Tom.
什么叫你会考虑一下
What do you mean, you'll have to think about it?
就是这意思
What I say.
你们这儿缺人手时我愿意来帮个忙
I didn't mind helping you out when you were short-staffed.
您真好心呢
How good of you!
可要我永远做一个男仆
But to accept a permanent position as a footman...
我可是资深贴身男仆啊 我可是管家啊
I'm a trained valet, Mr Car- I'm a trained butler!
要我接受这样的落差
To accept...my fall
永远做这样一份低下的...
by taking a permanent, inferior place...
你一直说什么"永远"
You keep telling me it's permanent.
但在我看来
But from where I'm sitting,
倒是越来越不确定了
it's looking less permanent by the minute!
我会好好考虑的
I shall give it every consideration.
真是多谢您大度了
Very generous, I must say!
等我做出决定就通知您
I'll let you know my answer when I have one.
我一定屏息而待
I shall wait with bated breath!
这鞋还能擦完吗
Aren't you ever going to finish that?
都要午夜了
It's nearly midnight.
-总得有人做 -但也不非得总是你
- Someone has to do it. - But it doesn't always have to be you.
我知道了
I know.
我知道出了什么事
I know what happened.
休斯太太告诉我了 我逼她的
Mrs Hughes told me. I forced her to.
那她就错了 这秘密她无权告诉你
Then, she was very wrong. It wasn't her secret to tell.
我让她别无选择 安娜
I gave her no choice, Anna.
她怎么说的
What did she say?
她说了
How...
事情的经过
How it happened.
什么时候发生的
When it happened.
我问她是不是格林干的
I asked if it was Green.
-谁 -格林先生
- Who? - Mr Green.
吉利安姆子爵的贴身男仆 她发誓说不是他
Lord Gillingham's valet. She swore it wasn't.
-不 不是他 -她说是个...
- No, it wasn't him. - She said a man...
闯进来的陌生人 躲在楼下伺机偷袭了你
..broke in and was waiting down here for you, a stranger.
没错
That's right.
因为 如果是那个贴身男仆
Because, if it was the valet...
他死定了
..He is a dead man.
不是他 你这么说不过是因为你不喜欢他
It wasn't him! You only say that because you didn't like him.
我是不喜欢他
No, I did not.
他什么都没做 你没理由这么指责他
There's no excuse to accuse him when he did nothing.
如果是他 第二天早餐时我还会挨着他坐吗
Would I have sat at breakfast with him next morning if it'd been him?
我们查不到那人的身份了
We can't know who the man was.
根本没办法找到他
We have no way of tracing him.
你为什么不说出来
Why wouldn't you tell me?
因为我知道这会让你多难受
Because I knew the suffering it would bring you.
现在话说开了
Well, it's in the open.
秘密暴露了
No more secrets.
这倒也好
I'm glad of that, at least.
不用再担心被你发现 因为你已经知道了
No more fear of being found out. Because I am found out.
我的羞愧无处可躲了
My shame has nowhere to hide.
什么羞愧
Why do you talk of shame?
我不认为你有什么可羞愧的
I don't accept that there is any shame in this.
但我被玷污了 配不上你了
But I am spoiled for you.
而且这无法逆转了
And I can never be unspoiled.
你没有被玷污
You are not spoiled.
这劫难
You are made...
只让你
higher to me...
比我更加崇高 更加神圣
and holier because of the suffering you have been put through.
你是我妻子
You are my wife.
我此时此刻
And I have never been prouder...
对你的骄傲和爱 无以复加
..Nor loved you more than I love you now at this moment.
真的吗
Truly?
真的
Truly.
早上好
Morning.
阿尔弗雷德
Alfred.
是结果吗
Is that the result?
应该是的
I think so, yes.
要我替你看吗
Do you want me to open it?
不 我自己来吧
No, I'll do it myself.
祝你好运
Good luck.
怎么样
Well?
-我没录取 -什么
- I've not got it. - What?
真遗憾
Oh, I am sorry.
说是我做得不错 差一点就能跻身前四强
It says I did well and I was nearly in the top four, but not quite.
我看他们对谁都会这么说
I expect they say that to everyone.
够了 詹姆斯
That's enough, James.
阿尔弗雷德 第一次尝试受挫不代表
And Alfred - to fail at the first attempt does not mean
你日后不能取得成功
that you won't succeed later.
-没错 -能跟您说句话吗 卡森先生
- Quite right. - Might I have a word, Mr Carson?
当然
Certainly.
我认真考虑过了
I've given it a lot of thought.
是吗
Have you, indeed
首先 我得面对我父亲的失望
First, I needed to deal with my father's disappointment,
我是指我走下坡路这件事
when he learned of my downward path.
但是我又权衡了找到任何工作的
But I weighed it against the power to do good
种种好处
that all employment brings.
是吗 考虑得这么详细呢
Did you, now? And you thought all that.
我觉得我可以将我的技艺用于
I feel I could contain my skills and guide them
稍低端一些的工作 而不有失体面
into a...more modest channel without loss of dignity.
-真是太好了 -所以说
- Just fancy! - So, all in all...
经过一番深思熟虑
and after mature deliberation,
您会很高兴知道 我愿意接受这份工作
you'll be pleased to hear that I can accept your offer.
-什么工作 -接替阿尔弗雷德做男仆
- What offer? - To replace Alfred as footman.
莫斯利先生 恐怕阿尔弗雷德不会离开了
Oh, dear, Mr Molesley. I'm afraid that Alfred's not leaving now.
可惜我们上次谈话时你没有接受这份工作
It's a pity you didn't accept the job when we last talked.
那样我就必须留下你了
And then I'd have been stuck with you.
但是 你错失了机会
As it is, you've missed your chance.
我总是如此
As I generally do.
还深思熟虑呢
Mature deliberation
高兴点 小伙子
Cheer up, lad.
信你也看了
You read the letter.
你只是差一点 下次一定能行
You were a very near miss. So, next time, you'll hit the target.
我觉得吉米说得对 他们对落选的都这么说
I reckon Jimmy's right. They say that to everyone who fails.
我倒觉得 你很努力 应该获得成功
Well, I reckon you work hard and you deserve to succeed.
只要你继续坚持 你不能放弃
You just have to stick at it... and you will.
我不是说他偷了
I'm not saying he took it.
但我觉得不可能是别人
But I don't see who else could've done.
所以 你就是说是他偷了
In other words, you're saying he took it.
我知道他进过这房♥间
I know he was in this room.
-他有合理理由 -克拉克森医生
- Legitimately. - Really, Dr Clarkson.
我又不是控方的证人
I'm not a witness for the prosecution.
-是吗 -我们来回顾一下事实
- Aren't you? - Well, let us review the facts.
我丢了一把很贵重的裁纸刀
I have lost a valuable paper knife.
是瑞典国王赠给已故的格兰瑟姆伯爵的
Given to the late Lord Grantham by the King of Sweden.
这就了不起了
Which makes all the difference.
因此损失严重 没错
It makes the loss greater, yes.
这我同意
I quite agree.
但我不认为有任何实质性证据证明是佩格先生
But I can't accept there's any real proof against erm...young Pegg.
如果你们坚持 我可以先不解雇他
Well, if you insist, I won't sack him. Yet.
但我不许他再进屋子了
But I will not allow him back in the house.
而且我要跟我的主管园丁说一下
And I will have to speak to my head gardener about it.
-那对他会很不利 -那你想我怎么样
- That will do him a lot of harm. - Well, what would you prefer?
把当地的罪犯都请进房♥子来洗劫一空吗
That I invite the local criminals to drop in and strip the house bare?
不如让园丁进来之前先跟您打招呼吧
Why not ask to be told when a gardener is coming inside?
这样您或者哪个仆人能盯着点
So that you or a servant can keep watch.
这样我们也有时间来调查刀丢失的事了
Then we'll have time to investigate the loss of the knife.
还是你已经起了杀心了
Or have you already scented blood?
我想问问 你从不怀疑别人吗
As a matter of interest, do you ever doubt?
我不怀疑佩格先生的正直
I don't doubt the honesty of young Pegg.
这是答非所问
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表