剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表
- What are you talking about? - Being a nanny.
黛西说那种生活一定很孤独
Daisy was saying she thinks it must be a lonely life.
这我不知道
I don't know about that.
不过要我说 那个维斯特保姆实在是自恃过高了
But if you ask me, that Nanny West thinks too much of herself.
她怎么了 她一向对我挺好的
Why? What's she done? She always seems nice to me.
她就会对我颐指气使
She only tried to give me orders.
你是说她把你当成仆人了
You mean she mistook you for a servant?
-但他就是个仆人 -这话可别跟他说
- But he IS a servant. - Don't tell him that.
他可承受不了这个打击
He'll never get over the shock!
多谢了 马什先生
Thank you, Mr Marsh.
他失望也在所难免
He was bound to be disappointed.
您真的要放弃整个计划吗
You're really sure you want to abandon the whole plan?
我们别无选择
We don't have a choice.
一半的地♥产♥都要缴继承税
We have to find the death duties on half the estate.
-数目可不小啊 -我知道
- And they'll be merciless. - I know.
可如果能等玛丽回来参与处理这事就好了
But, I wish we could wait for Mary to come back into play.
这本来就不关她的事
She isn't a player.
她生前可以享有马修在唐顿的财产
She has a life interest in one third of Matthew's share of Downton,
和其他财产的三分之一
and a third of his other possessions,
但其他的都归小乔治所有
but everything else belongs to little George.
法律规定她只能继承这么一点吗
And that's all the law gives her?
他该起草一份遗嘱的
He should have made a will.
但玛丽是乔治的监护人
But, Mary's George's guardian.
这难道不能给她点话语权吗
Surely that gives her some sort of say?
说不准
It's a moot point.
既然我拥有另一半的遗产
Since I own the other half of everything,
由我来管理孩子的财产不是更合适吗
isn't it more appropriate for me to manage the boy's fortunes?
更何况她现在那么脆弱
Besides, she's in such a fragile state,
我真不想让她为财产的事烦心
the last thing I want is for her to start worrying about money.
话虽这么说 但您不觉得...
Of course. But you don't think...?
你知道她是什么样子
You've seen her!
她连吃饭的力气都没有
She hardly has the energy to lift a fork to her mouth.
她很爱他
She loved him very much.
真爱的代价就是其中一方之死所带来的巨大痛苦
And the price of great love is great misery when one of you dies.
-我知道 -是的
- I know that. - Of course you do.
真抱歉
I'm so sorry.
咱们快点回去吧 别误了午饭
We better get back or we'll be late for lunch.
您知道我登了广♥告♥的 卡森先生
I've placed advertisements, Mr Carson, you know I have.
-没有合适的回音吗 -根本没有回音
- But the answers weren't suitable? - I didn't get any answers.
倒不是完全没有 但我回信之后就没下文了
Well, I did, but when I wrote back, I heard nothing more.
我不知道该说什么了
Well, I don't know what to suggest.
因为 我不能留在这儿吗
Because, I can't stay here?
莫斯利先生 我不想显得无情
Mr Molesley, I should hate us to appear inhospitable.
但我不能留在这儿
But I can't stay here.
这对老爷来说公平吗 毕竟都六个月了
Is it fair on his lordship? It has been six months.
我可以去我爸爸那儿 再想办法
I suppose I could go to my dad's until I get something sorted.
好主意
What a good idea.
-仆人午饭准备好了 -谢谢你 帕特莫太太
- Servants' lunch is on the table. - Thank you, Mrs Patmore.
高兴点 莫斯利先生 事情还没定下来呢
Oh cheer up, Mr Molesley. It may never happen.
已经成定局了
It already has.
我午餐后要去瑟斯克 你要一起去吗
By the way, I'm going into Thirsk after lunch. Do you want to come?
我要去村里 看看伊泽贝尔怎么样了
I'm walking down to the village to see how Isobel's getting on.
跟她说 随时可以来
Remind her it's an open invitation,
她要是想看看孙子
if she wants to see her grandson
或是想找人陪 只要过来就行
or feels like company, she just has to turn up.
我会转告她的
I'll tell her.
-我也跟你一起去吧 -还是别了
- I might come with you. - I don't think so.
我觉得她不会想见太多人
I don't think she's up to seeing many people.
我只是想去村里而已
I only meant into the village.
伊迪丝 你明天真要去伦敦吗
Edith, are you really going to London tomorrow?
如果你去 我正好有事让你帮我办
I have a couple of errands if you are.
我要去见迈克尔·格莱格森
I'm seeing Michael Gregson.
你在这儿的时候 他一定很想你
He must have missed you while you've been here.
他要举办一个宴会 把我介绍给他文学圈的朋友
He's giving a party to introduce me to his literary friends.
真令人期待 是不是 罗伯特
How exciting. Isn't it, Robert?
我可不可以在你的橱窗里放一张卡片
I... I was wondering if I might put a card in your window.
-什么样的卡片 小姐 -招工的卡片
- A card, m'lady? - For a job asking for applicants.
是什么样的工作呢
And what sort of job might this be?
怎么 这有什么关系吗
Why? Does it make a difference?
-不 没有 -谢谢你了
- No, I suppose not. - Thank you.
-我该付你多少钱呢 -六便士就好
- Erm, how much will that be? - Sixpence should cover it.
您真应该多去看看乔治
You ought to see more of George.
可怜的乔治
Poor George.
一出生就遭遇不幸
What a burden he is born into.
尚在襁褓中就腰缠万贯 妈妈却形容枯槁
A baby rich as Croesus and a mother almost passed over.
法律就是如此
That's the law.
感觉好奇怪
It seems so strange.
马修一向谨慎
Matthew was always so meticulous.
他以为死亡离他还远得很
He thought that death was many years away.
本来也应该如此
And so it should have been.
如果有什么我能帮忙的 请尽管开口
If there's anything I can do to help, please let me do it.
我很感激
I'm grateful.
但是 如果你的独子过世了
But you see, when your only child dies...
你就不再是一个母亲了
..Then you're not a mother any more.
你就什么也不是了
You're not anything, really.
我在努力适应这一点
That's what I'm trying to get used to.
您也是一位祖母
You're a grandmother.
我知道您一定会是位出色的祖母
And I know you're going to be a wonderful one.
-下午送来的信 -谢谢
- Afternoon post. - Ah, thank you.
怎么又这样
Oh, not this again.
怎么了
Not what?
没什么
Oh...nothing!
家具商来了通知我一声
Let me know when the upholsterer arrives.
你布置工作的时候 我也要在场
I want to be there when you explain the job in hand.
好呀 不过我一个人就行了
Very well, but I can easily manage.
得让他知道椅子上织锦有多贵重
He needs to grasp the quality of the tapestry on the chairs,
免得他冒冒失失地往上钉钉子
before he starts slamming nails into them.
难道我就交代不明白吗
And I couldn't make him see that?
招工 一等贴身女仆 会女红和梳头
我们关门了 亲爱的
Just closing, love.
我只想知道是谁在找贴身女仆
I only wanted to know who was looking for a lady's maid.
在唐顿 也就那几个需要找贴身女仆的
There's not too many in Downton who need a lady's maid.
你是指庄园的人吗
You mean the Abbey?
你以前不是在那里干过吗
Didn't you used to work there?
我♥干♥过 但我后来去进修了
I did, but I've been studying since then.
-学什么 -学习如何做贴身女仆
- Studying for what? - To become a lady's maid.
玛姬说伊迪丝小姐下午去看望了卡劳利夫人
Madge says that Lady Edith saw Mrs Crawley this afternoon.
-她还好吗 -恐怕是非常不好
- How is she? - In a very dark place, I'm afraid.
这也难怪
And no wonder.
一个寡妇 又失去了独子
For a widowed mother to lose an only son...
没有比您更合适去安慰她的人了
There's no more fit person to comfort her than you.
是吗
I wonder.
如果茜玻小姐是我的独女 我怕是活不下去了
If Lady Sybil had been an only child I believe I'd have died.
不 夫人 您会为孩子好好活下去
No, m'lady. You would have lived on for the baby.
她也得如此
And so must she.
谢谢你 休斯太太 晚安了
Thank you so much, Mrs Hughes, and good night to you.
晚安 夫人
Good night, m'lady.
老爷
M'lord.
你还好吧
Are you all right?
我觉得我们得定下来
I feel we must settle the question
由谁来打理孩子的财产
of who is to manage the baby's property.
我不想催促玛丽
I don't want to hurry Mary before she's ready.
这有什么可争论的
What question?
她是乔治的母亲和监护人啊
She's George's mother and his guardian.
当然了
Of course she is,
但是涉及到关于庄园的决定
but when it comes to decisions about the estate,
我来不是更妥当吗
shouldn't it be me?
为什么
Why?
因为我和我外孙共同拥有六分之五的庄园财产
Because, together, my grandson and I own five sixths of Downton.
而玛丽的部分只是有生之年享有
Mary's share is only for her life.
即使她想 也做不了什么
She couldn't do much with it even if she wanted to.
剧集 | 唐顿庄园(2010) | 导航列表