I'm just gonna have to live with that.
我也没办法只好接受
Not much choice.
没有多少可选
I don't have all day, Your Eminence.
时间不等人 主教大人
Do we have a deal?
我们达成协议了吗?
Uh, can you find me Mr. Sloane, please?
呃 请找斯隆先生?
Were you aware that quantities
你是否知道
of heroin were removed and replaced with sugar?
海♥洛♥因♥被用砂糖代替了?
Well, I became aware when you brought it to my attention,
嗯 当你提起来时 我意识到了
recently.
最近的事
Did you take some of the drugs and replace it with sugar?
是你拿了一些毒品 用砂糖代替吗?
On the advice of counsel, I'm going to invoke
根据律师的意见 我要引用
my Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination.
第五修正案反对自我归罪
Isn't it true that during this time,
在这段时间里
you were addicted to painkillers because of a back injury?
你是不是因为背伤而止痛药上瘾?
On the advice of counsel...
根据律师的意见...
Did you transition
你是不是
from using painkillers to using heroin?
从使用止痛药变成使用海♥洛♥因♥?
Again, on the advice of counsel...
再一次 根据律师的意见...
Counsel, approach.
律师 上前一下
Ms. Reagan,
里根女士
we can spare everyone a lot of agony here
我们可以省了大家很多事
by granting this witness immunity
给证人豁免
to get his full testimony in this hearing.
让他在听证会上全部招供
In what world is that fair to my client?
这对我的客户有哪点公平了?
A prosecutor who is stealing drugs gets immunity
偷窃毒品的检察官得到豁免
while the regular citizen gets prison.
正规公民受到监禁
Ms. Reagan?
里根女士?
No immunity. I'd like to continue.
没有豁免 我想继续
Then have at it.
好吧
Mr. Falk,
福尔克先生
you were an officer of the court
你曾经是法庭人员
who swore to uphold the law, didn't you?
发誓过要维护♥法♥律 对吗?
I did.
是的
Did you betray that oath?
你背叛了这个誓言吗?
On the advice of counsel, I invoke my...
根据律师的意见 我引用...
Did you betray your friends?
你背叛了你的朋友吗?
No! Your colleagues?
没有!你的同事?
No! -Did you betray that oath you took?
没有!你背叛了你的誓言吗?
That wasn't my intention.
那不是我的目的
But that's what happened, isn't it?
但是那就是事实 对吗?
Mr. Falk?
福尔克先生
Do you wish to invoke your Fifth Amendment again?
你是否要再次引用第五修正案?
No, Your Honor.
不 法官大人
I'm prepared to answer Ms. Reagan's question.
我准备回答里根女士的问题
Did you betray your duty to uphold the law?
你背叛了维护♥法♥律的责任吗?
Yes.
是的
And for that...
为此...
I am profoundly sorry.
我深感抱歉
More than you or anyone else
超过你或任何其他人
can possibly know.
可能想象的
And finally, Mr. Falk,
最后 福尔克先生
did you ever tamper with evidence
你有没有篡改过证据
in order to convict someone that was innocent?
为了能定无辜人的罪?
No, Ms. Reagan.
没有 里根女士
I never planted evidence.
我从来没有栽过赃
Every case I brought was legitimate,
我办的每件案子都是合法的
including the one against Mr. Hickman.
包括希克曼先生的案子
If...
如果...
if I have to go to prison...
如果我要进监狱...
like the people I've prosecuted...
像我被起诉的人一样...
so be it.
那就这样吧
At least my conscious is clear now.
至少我的意识现在很清楚
You know, the doctors wanted both of you guys
知道吗 医生想要你们两个人
to stay here for continued observation.
留院继续观察
This is not necessary.
没必要
Moscow doctors, best in the world.
莫斯科的医生是世界上最好的
If you'd both been a little more upfront,
如果你们两个诚实一点
neither of you would be going home with gunshot wounds.
你们就不会带伤回家了
Oh, please. These are marks of honor.
哦 拜托这些都是荣誉的标记
Souvenirs from New York.
纽约的纪念品
Oh, and to think, we were gonna stop
哦 想想 我们停一下
and get you NYPD coffee mugs.
给你们搞个纽约警♥察♥局的马克杯
I've already took one from your desk.
我已经从你办公桌上拿了一个
Ha! Just kidding.
哈!开玩笑的
If you ever come to Moscow, please let me know.
如果你们来莫斯科 请告诉我
I will love to take you to Bolshoi.
我会很乐意带你们去莫斯科大剧院
So, what is this?
这是什么?
Potatoes au gratin.
芝士奶油焗土豆
Or French for "cheesy deliciousness."
法语意思是“奶酪美味”
And that's French for
法语意思是
"straight to your butt."
“见你的鬼”
Exactly.
确切地说
Made with Dubliner Irish cheddar,
用都柏林的爱尔兰切达干酪
with an eye to the old sod.
配上对故乡的深情一瞥
It's the 101st anniversary of the Rising.
这是纪念起义101周年
The what?
什么?
The Easter Rising?
复活节起义?
They don't teach that in school anymore, Jack.
杰克 学校不再教了
They don't even give out books in school anymore.
甚至课本里都没有
It was the Irish, our ancestors,
那是爱尔兰人 我们的祖先
fighting for their independence in 1916.
在1916年争取独♥立♥的抗争
And some of the family who didn't make it over here
家里有些人没有来到这里
got caught up in that.
因为他们为此被抓了
We had family who fought over there?
我们家里有人参加过战斗?
Mm-hmm.
嗯
As soldiers?
作为士兵?
They weren't exactly soldiers.
他们不完全是士兵
They were fighting to get their country back from the British,
他们为从英国解放祖国而战
and they called themselves "rebels."
他们称自己为“叛军”
And you know what the British called those rebels?
你知道英国人叫那些叛军什么吗?
Micks?
爱尔兰佬?
Excuse me?
什么?
Terrorists.
恐♥怖♥分♥子♥
Seriously?
真的吗
Bet you didn't think that term existed 100 years ago.
你肯定以为100年前是没有这个词的
Actually, I didn't think it did.
确实我根本没想到
So why were they called terrorists?
那么他们为什么被称为恐♥怖♥分♥子♥呢?
Because, by definition, they were.
因为根据定义他们就是
Well, why not call them "guerillas"?
为什么不叫他们“游击队”呢?
Isn't it the same thing?
不是一回事吗?
Well, guerilla's actually Spanish for "little war."
游击队实际上是西班牙语“小规模战争”的意思
Their tactics are alike, but the big difference is that
他们的策略是一样的 但最大的区别是
a terrorist will target civilians for political ends.
恐♥怖♥分♥子♥为其政♥治♥目的而瞄准平民
So, we are descended from terrorists.
所以我们是恐♥怖♥分♥子♥的后裔
Whoa...
哇...
Come on, that's a very college way of putting it.
得了 这是书呆子的讲♥法♥
Not terrorists the way they use the term now.
不是今天所说的恐♥怖♥分♥子♥
I know.
我知道
Right. We have relatives who were freedom fighters, okay?
好了 我们有亲戚为自♥由♥而战
Let's just leave it at that.
让我们谈点别的吧
Amen.
阿门
And one other thing: hardly anybody who's here is really from here.
还有另一件事 几乎没有真的本地人
I guess you could say we're all foreigners.
我想你可以说我们都是外国人
Yeah, and usually they're fleeing some kind of grief in their own country.
是啊 通常他们都是从祖国逃难而来的
Some things never change.
有些事永远不会变
We're not perfect, but no one's come up with a version 2.0 that's better, so...
我们不是完人 但不能说下一代会更好 所以...
So who gets to say that they're really, truly from here?
所以谁真的能说他们是正宗的本地人?
Munsees, Algonquins, Iroquois,
门西人 阿耳冈昆人 易洛魁人
and a whole bunch of other tribes
还有很多其他部落
whose names I've forgotten, they can.
我记不得他们的名字了 他们是本地人
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表