My mother used to let me eat out on the fire escape.
我妈以前让我在防火梯上吃这个
There used to be prizes in the box.
以前盒装的里面还送小奖品
Yeah, like the, uh... the Batman periscope thing.
是啊 比如 那个蝙蝠侠的潜望镜
Remember that? How cool was that?
还记得吗 要多酷有多酷
Yeah. I had to fight my brother for it, but I got it.
是啊 我还得跟我哥抢 不过我赢了
See, that's how we have to think of this trash, you know?
你看 咱就得这么想翻垃圾这件事
It's like looking for the prize inside.
把它当成是寻宝
We just got to find the fingerprint.
找到指纹就大功告成了
Hey, give me one of those bags.
拿个袋子给我
You know, you have a habit of talking like
你知道吗 你说起话来总是习惯
everybody works for you, you know that?
颐指气使 你自己知道吗
No, I don't know that.
没啊 我没感觉
You know, what I want to know is how you have the nerve to act
我想问问你 你怎么好意思搞得
like this is actually your case.
好像这案子是你的一样
I mean, I'm the one who caught this case
我是说 我才是从接到报案电♥话♥开始
right from the 911 call.
一直负责到结案的人
I was the one
我才是那个
who had to notify his family that this guy was murdered.
不得不去通知被害者家属死讯的人
Where were you? I know where you were.
那会儿你在哪儿 我知道你在哪儿
You were sitting in your cushy office
你坐在自己办公室舒适的沙发上
while I was gift-wrapping this entire case
而我把整件案子包上礼品纸
and placing it neatly on Erin's desk with a bow on it,
系上蝴蝶结 干干净净地放到艾琳的桌上
just so you guys could screw it up.
只为让你们把它搞砸
Yeah, and you did such a good job that the guy responsible
是嘛 你那么尽职尽责 以至于
for the murder is gonna walk.
到手的嫌犯都要无罪释放了
That's 'cause you guys didn't protect her.
那是因为你们没能保护好证人
Danny, you must be a real son of a bitch to be partners with.
丹尼 你真是个很混♥蛋♥的搭档
You don't have to worry about it,
这你大可不必担心
'cause you'll never be my partner.
因为你永远不会成为我的搭档
Yeah, thankfully.
是啊 谢天谢地
Think we just struck pay dirt.
看来我们是摸到宝了
So you're actually cooperating
这么说你真的在与
with the attorney general?
总检查长合作吗
If by "cooperating," you mean
如果你说的合作是指
did I give them the facts and figures,
我按照法律规定
I'm required by law to do that.
上交事实和数据的话
That's not all.
不止这些
How's that? Well, supplying them
怎么说 提供给他们
with data is one thing, but discussing it over a cozy lunch
数据是一回事 但在21餐厅一边享用惬意的午餐
at 21's kind of something else, right?
一边谈笑风生又是另一回事了 对吗
The paper didn't say where I was.
报纸上没写我在哪儿
Come on, Dad. Cops got a grapevine. You know this.
拜托 老爸 警♥察♥自有门路 你知道的
Who said "cozy"? It was anything but that.
谁说惬意的 根本谈不上
Radio car saw the two of you going in,
巡逻车看到你俩走进了进去
put the word out.
传出了消息
And they said "cozy"?
是他们说的惬意吗
No, that's on me. I always heard 21 was cozy.
不 是我说的 我总听说21餐厅很惬意
The article in the newspaper said
报纸上那篇文章说
that you think that cops could be doing a better job.
你认为警♥察♥本该把工作做得更好
That's why you don't believe everything you read.
这就是为啥你读到的东西不能全信
So you were misquoted, then.
这么说你被错误引用了
I was partially quoted.
我是被断章取义了
They got the part that implied cops were racist
他们记下了暗示警♥察♥种族歧视的部分
and that they use too much force
还有滥用武力的部分
and they should be made an example of?
这些人就该被树成典型了吗
No. What'd they leave out,
不 他们隐去了哪一部分
that you were talking about Alabama in the '60s?
你谈论60年代的阿♥拉♥巴马州吗
Come on, guys. He's just doing his job.
拜托 各位 他只是在尽本职
By throwing shade on cops for doing their jobs?
靠抹黑警♥察♥的尽职尽责来尽自己的本职吗
You know I'd never do that.
你知道我绝不会那么做
I know you wouldn't, Dad, but perception.
我知道你不会 爸爸 但我感受如此
It's perception.
是一种感受
So are you saying that there should be no oversight?
那你是说应该取消监管吗
Oversight by politicians in Albany? No.
被奥巴尼的政客监管吗 不要
Their idea of oversight
他们所谓的监管
is unleash the hounds.
就是放狗咬人
Imagine how that makes Danny feel,
想象一下丹尼当时的感受
after what they put him through.
在经历过他们的那套监管之后
I've got to agree. That guy grilled me, too.
这我绝对同意 那人也严加审问了我
"Oversight" is way too nice a word for that.
用监管这词来形容简直太客气了
You can set your watch by it.
你就等着瞧吧
Every election cycle, they start up investigations like this one
每个选举周期 他们都会搞这种调查
to rile up the base.
招惹一下警局
If you have nothing to hide,
如果你没什么好隐藏的
there's no reason to shy away from the investigation.
就不必对调查遮遮掩掩
Except for the way it looks to the public
还不是因为在公众看来被调查就是不光彩
and especially to the rank and file.
尤其是对普通民众来说
That's right.
没错
So what does everyone suggest I do?
所以你们建议我怎么做
What do they think you should do?
他们认为你该怎么做
A joint press conference to make it look
开联合发布会 让公众看上去
like we're all working together.
像是我们在精诚合作
Why not just tell them that they're wrong about cops?
为什么不直接告诉他们错怪了警♥察♥
Just don't cooperate.
别合作不就得了
Then it'd look like he was hiding something.
那样的话看上去好像是他在隐瞒些什么
I'm not hiding anything.
我什么都没隐瞒
I'm not saying we don't have bull-moose cops.
也不是说我们的队伍里没有激进派【雄鹿党 1912-1916的一个激进的党派分枝】
Of course, those are the ones that make
当然 那些人可是要被大写特写
the front page.
登头版头条的
Exactly, Jack.
没错 杰克
I really hope you can find your way through this, Dad.
我真心希望你能处理好这事 老爸
Morale is bad enough as it is without feeling
士气本身已经很低落了 即使没有
like the PC's looking at you sideways, too.
感觉好像局长在暗中监察着你
I'll second that.
我附议
The fact is,
事实是
doing your best doesn't guarantee
尽力做到最好并不能保证
a good result, not out there.
有好的结果 尤其在出外勤的时候
When one of them goes off, it's the cop's fault.
随便谁出个差错 都是警♥察♥的失职
"Why'd you use your weapon?"
你为什么动用了武器
"Why didn't you use your weapon?"
你为什么没用武器
"Why didn't you prevent him from harming someone else?"
你为什么不阻止他伤害别人
I hear you.
我听见了
I hear all of you.
你们说的我都听见了
I ever tell you about the first time I had a jumper?
我告诉过你我遇到的第一个跳楼自杀案吗
He jumped.
他最终跳了
Almost seven years.
都快7年了
What's that?
你说什么
That's how long I'm on the job.
我说我当警♥察♥的工龄
I don't really need the "let me explain
我真的不需要再听你说
how things work" speech anymore.
"让我来告诉你事情应该是怎样的"
Oh, that's what you think this is?
哦 如果你觉得我要跟你说那个
'Cause this ain't that.
你就想错了
Well, then what is it?
好吧 那你要跟我说什么
I heard what happened, and...
我听说了这件事
And what, you think you would've done something different, Danny?
那又怎样 你绝对你会有不同的举措吗 丹尼
You think you would've done something better?
你觉得你会做的更好吗
No, I think you did everything just right.
不 我觉得你做的对
Yeah, I did it just right. I saved a guy's life
对 我做的对 我救了一个人的命
so he could come back and kill his girlfriend.
好让他回来杀死他的女朋友
Well, you don't control that.
那不你能控制得了的
You did your job. You saved his life.
你做了你该做的 你拯救了他的生命
What he does with that second chance, that's not on you.
他被救回来之后做的事并不是你的责任范围
That's on him and his doctors.
那是他和他的医生的责任
What, you could just brush it off
所以你就能嗤之以鼻
and blame it on the hospital, move on, right?
把一切责任怪罪在医院上 放下过往 是吗
Robert Wesley Dunnam.
罗伯特.卫斯理.邓姆
That's his name.
这是我的第一个
My first jumper.
跳桥自杀者的名字
There isn't a day that goes by
我人生的每一天
that I don't remember his name or his face.
都没有忘记他的名字 他的面孔
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表