And?
然后呢
Reed is a sergeant at the 3-6.
里德是3-6分局的警官
He didn't lift a finger
他都没出手
to help this guy.
帮助这个店主
He failed to take any action?
他没有采取任何行动吗
He called 911 after the perps fled.
他等到罪犯逃跑以后打了911报♥警♥
And he was he armed at the time?
当时他身上有武器吗
According to the Post,
邮报报道说
he was carrying an off-duty revolver.
他当时携带一支民用左轮手♥枪♥
And I assume they used
我猜这些编辑们
their usual editorial restraint?
又在他们的"合理范围"内加油添醋了
"Coward Cop Ducks and Covers."
报道中说 胆小鬼警♥察♥只会放躺自保
Reed's C.O.
里德的指挥官说
says he wasn't alone at the bodega.
当时杂货店里不只他一个人
He was with his ten-year-old daughter.
还有他十岁的女儿
That changes everything.
这就说得通了
Actually, it's neither here nor there.
实际上 这说得通也说不通
What's that mean?
什么意思
It means it's not as simple as that.
这事不像看起来那么简单
Damn it!
该死的
He was with his daughter, and off-duty.
他当时可是和他女儿在一起 他已经下班了
And every cop takes an oath to uphold the law.
但是每一个警♥察♥都发誓要捍卫法律
There's not a time clock on it.
这和时间无关
You don't punch out from that commitment.
你不能拿下班当借口 逃避责任
It was Reed's duty to act,
里德有责任和义务
to somehow come to the aid of that crime victim.
去帮助受害者
Did the Post know, or did they just leave it out?
《每日邮报》知道吗 还是说他们就不管了
There's no headline if you include the kid.
如果要提到孩子 那头条就没戏了
Yeah.
是啊
What do you want us to do, boss?
老大 你想让我们怎么做
What I want to do is
我想做的就是
make them have all the facts before they print something.
让他们在报道之前弄清楚所有的事实
What I have to do, now that it's out there?
既然事情已经传开了 我不得不采取些措施了
Tell his C.O. I want to see Officer Reed up here forthwith.
告诉他的指挥官 我想在这儿马上见一见Reed警官
Thank you. Sure.
谢谢 不客气
As you were.
稍息
Please sit down.
请坐吧
I'm looking at your service record, and I'm confused.
我在看你的服役记录 有点困惑
Sir? Well, your evaluations
什么意思 长官 你的评估很优秀
are excellent, decorated twice for Meritorious Duty.
曾被两次授予"杰出警官奖"勋章
By all measures, a cop's cop. Try to be.
综上 你是一个优秀的警♥察♥ 我一直努力去做这样的人
So how could you stand down on the scene of an armed robbery?
那你怎么能在遇到持械抢劫时袖手旁观呢
I was with my daughter, Commissioner.
我当时和我女儿在一起 局长
I'm aware of that.
我知道
Tell me what happened.
告诉我发生了什么
I was walking my daughter Ashley to school.
我在送我的女儿艾希莉去学校
We stopped into the local bodega.
我们走进当地一家杂货铺
Next thing I know,
接下来我就看到
two perps have guns on the man behind the register.
两个持枪罪犯用枪指着登记员
Not pros, either. Jumpy.
都不专业 情绪激动
Go on.
接着说
Two instincts kicked in at the same time.
那时候两种本能的想法纠缠在一起
To do my job, and to keep my little girl safe.
是尽我的职责 还是去保护我小女儿的安全
The second one won out.
最终 我选择了第二个
The initial investigation indicates
初步调查显示
you could have moved your daughter out of harm's way
你本可以把你女儿移♥动♥到安全的地方
and still discharged your duty.
然后继续履行你的义务
Maybe in a perfect scenario, where she doesn't sound a peep,
可能是有个完美的地方 她什么也听不到看不见
and we could move like
我们也可以
we were invisible.
出入于无人之境
So for lack of a perfect scenario,
所以就因为没有完美的地方
you let a shopkeeper take a bullet?
你就任由一个店主中枪死掉吗
Let him?
任由他死掉
No, sir, I didn't let him.
不 长官 我没有任由他死掉
Like I had a choice...
说的像是我有机会...
Isn't that what happened?
难道没机会吗
It kills me that I couldn't help him.
哪怕赌上性命我也救不了他
Couldn't or wouldn't?
是救不了还是不想救
Look at me and answer the question.
看着我 回答我的问题
Couldn't.
救不了
I could not save him.
我救不了他
I had a choice, and a split second to make it,
我是有选择 在那一瞬间
and I chose to protect my little girl.
我选择去保护我的小女儿
Our officers are paid to run toward danger,
我们雇警♥察♥是为了去面对危险
not turn away from it.
而不是逃避危险
I won't apologize for what I did, sir.
我不会为我的行为道歉 长官
Given the same circumstances, I'd do exactly the same thing.
再遇到同样的情形 我一样会这么做
And so would I?
我也会这么做吗
I didn't say that. But you're thinking it.
我没那样说 但你是这么想的
I don't presume to know what you think, sir.
我不会去揣测你的想法 长官
As of now, you are on modified assignment.
目前 你被调去做文案工作
Should the investigators determine
要是调查员判定
that you are in violation of your oath,
你违背了你的誓言
you could face demotion or lose your shield.
你就会面临降职或者辞退
That's the way this goes.
这就是接下来要发生的事
That is all.
我说完了
Yes, sir.
是的 长官
Tara?
塔拉
I-I'm so sorry to bother you, but I am in huge trouble.
很抱歉打扰你们 但我确实遇到了大♥麻♥烦
What happened?
怎么回事
I moved all my stuff
我把我所有东西
to the alley behind the building, but then,
挪到楼后面的小巷里 然后
this big scary guy said it was his spot,
有个吓人的家伙说这是他的地盘
and he grabbed my laptop and ran off...
就抢了我的电脑就跑了...
Oh, are you okay?
你没事吧
Yeah, but my whole life is on that computer.
我没事 但那台电脑就是我的命啊
If I don't get it back, I'm gonna get fired.
如果找不回电脑 我该被炒鱿鱼了
Okay, calm down. We're gonna take a ride,
好 冷静一下 我们会跑一趟
we're gonna see if we can find this guy.
看看能不能找到那个家伙
Thank you so much.
太谢谢你们了
Wait. You really need to find a safe place to live.
等下 你真的需要找一个安全的地方生活
I know. I-I will.
我知道 我会的
Let's go.
咱们走吧
Hi, Camilla.
你好 卡米拉
Yes, your shoes are in the shelf in your closet.
你的鞋子在你贮藏室的架子上
I understand, but we're not saying you did
我知道 我们不是在说
anything wrong, Emily. I was just
你做错了什么 艾米丽 我只是
trying to make Liza understand what Brandon's capable of.
试图让丽莎明白布兰登的能力
She just doesn't want to hear it.
她就是听不进去
Well, that's 'cause she thinks she's in love with him.
因为她觉得她爱上了他
Which is unfortunate, but if she wants to see this dirt bag,
很不幸 但是如果她真的想见这个混球
there's nothing you or us can do about it.
你和我们都没办法
It's her choice.
这是她的选择
Brandon's a rapist.
布兰登是个强♥奸♥犯
He raped me.
他强♥奸♥了我
We're not trying to minimize what happened here, Emily.
我们不是想掩盖事实 艾米丽
Look, I know I can't change what Brandon did to me,
我知道我不能改变布兰登曾对我做的事
but there is no way I'm gonna sit on my hands
但是我无法袖手旁观
while he does it to someone else.
看他再对别人做出这种事情
Liza has already said you harassed her.
丽莎已经说过你骚扰她
She wants to file a complaint against you.
她想递交一份正式的投诉
You see what you're doing?
你明白自己在干什么了吗
You're making yourself out to be the bad guy here.
你把自己变成坏人了
We cannot go after somebody before they commit a crime.
我们不能在一个人犯罪之前就去逮捕他
We can't prove what he did to you,
我们不能证明他对你做过的那些事
so, technically, Brandon hasn't done anything wrong.
所以 严格来说布兰登什么都没有做错
Yet.
现在还没有
I'll tell you what we'll do.
让我告诉你我们要做什么
We can have a patrol unit sit in front of his place,
我们可以派一台巡逻车
keep an eye on him.
在他家门口监视他
剧集 | 警察世家(2010) | 导航列表