剧集 | 荒野(2020) | 导航列表
你听到手♥机♥响
You hear a phone,
你不仅没叫醒我们
and instead of waking us up,
而是坐在那思忖什么是真的
you sit there and you contemplate what's fucking real
什么不是等你拿到手♥机♥的时候
and what's not so that by the time you get to the phone...
-瑞秋 当时很令人困惑 -我一点不困惑
- Rachel, it was confusing. - I'm not confused at all!
你本可以在它电池耗尽前找到它
You could have found it before it died,
但你没有 对吗
but you didn't, did you?
是的
No.
好极了
Cool.
她只是很害怕
She's just afraid.
你尽力了
You did everything you could.
不 她说得对
No, she's right.
我搞砸了
I fucked up.
那太苛刻了 在半夜
That's a tall order, tracking down
找一个响铃的手♥机♥
a ringing phone in the middle of the night.
似乎她尽了全力了
It seems likely that she did do everything in her power.
我知道
I know.
但在当时
But... at the time,
我只看到一个没有尽力的人
all I saw was someone who hadn't fought for it.
一个懒惰 没有毅力的女孩
A no-hustle, no-grit kinda girl.
我猜这不是你的风格
I take it that's not your style.
我很勤奋
I was all hustle.
勤奋努力
Hustle and hard work.
这样才能实现梦想
That's how you make your dreams come true.
我们从小就会听到这样的话 不是吗
We grow up hearing that, don't we?
你不需要有禀赋
That you don't have to be gifted
或者天分
or some kind of natural.
只要你投入时间
If you just put in the time,
精力和汗水
the effort, and the sweat,
一切皆有可能
anything is possible.
我相信这话因为我别无选择
I believed that because I had to.
结果发现
Only to find out...
那只是个冰冷的谎言
...it was a stone-cold lie.
有的梦想
With some dreams,
你可以拼尽全力
you can work yourself to the fucking bone...
然而还是无法实现
...and they're still gonna be there...
遥不可及
...just out of reach.
等等 你什么意思
Wait... what do you mean?
你要把我从队里踢掉吗
Are you cutting me from the team?
不 让我说清楚 我不会踢掉你
No, no. Let me clear. I am not cutting you.
我不会把你从全国赛名单里剔除 但是
I am not taking you off the nationals roster, but...
当我非常确定我的跳水运动员
...when I am dead sure that one of my divers
无法再进步的时候 我会跟她说明
can no longer make progress, I make it a point to tell her,
我会第一时间告诉她 因为
and I tell her as soon as I can because
这是一种残酷 耗费精力 没有前途的追求
this is a brutal, draining, dead-end pursuit,
而我不希望她
and I don't want her
在这上面投入更多的精力
devoting any more of her life to it than she has to.
我可以 我知道
Uh, I can... I know...
我知道我最近很消沉 但是
I know that I've been in some kind of slump lately, but...
不不不 别说了
No, no, no, no, stop.
看看她们
Look at them.
虽然我很不想承认 但那种身材
Kills me to admit it, but that is the kind of physique
才能在这个项目里成功 个矮
that succeeds in this sport, and they are short,
身体小巧 胸部紧凑
compact bodies with itty-bitty pancake chests
以及某种怪异的遗传能力
and some kind of freakish genetic ability to...
紧绷的肌肉 零脂肪 而那
Pack on muscle and zero fat. And that is...
你不再是那样了
That is just not you anymore.
天呐 我要怎么
Oh, god, how do I...
我要怎么说才好呢 你
How do I put this better? You...
你变美了 孩子
You got beautiful, kid.
高大而真实
Tall and real.
我可以更努力
I can work harder.
我可以在板上花更多时间 我可以
I can spend more time on the board, I can...
-拜托 -不 瑞秋 瑞秋 瑞秋
- Please! - No, Rachel, Rachel. Rachel.
我知道这感觉不像
I know this doesn't feel like it,
但这其实是个机会
but this is an opportunity.
大多数人因为年龄的增长而退出这项运动
Most people age out of the sport
不知道他们是谁
with no idea of who they are,
但你可以现在就开始摸索
but you get to start figuring that out now.
此时此刻
Right now.
你可以问别的女生
You can ask the other girls.
她们会说我固执 疯癫
They'll say I was stubborn, crazy.
不知何时放弃
Didn't know when to quit.
但当你发现那事
But when you find that thing...
唯一只属于你的事
...that one thing that's all yours
终于让你感到特别的事
that finally makes you feel special...
终于让你沐浴在阳光下
...that finally lets you catch some of that shine...
她回来了
There she is,
我的小雅典娜
my little Athena.
那曾经照耀在别人身上的光
...That light that used to fall on others,
如今也照在了你身上
it... it now lands on you.
氯和卓越的味道
Smell like chlorine and excellence.
拉奎尔
Hey, Raquel.
好消息
So good news.
我退出了巴黎的设计博览会
I backed outta that design expo in Paris.
所以我会去看你的全国比赛
So I'll be here for your big nationals moment,
在观众席上为你加油 让你难堪
cheering from the stands, fully embarrassing you.
可我以为这趟行程
But I thought that trip
对你和诺拉来说很重要
was like a big you and Nora thing.
我知道你们很期待
I know you were looking forward to it.
巴黎又不会消失
Paris isn't going anywhere.
我也想去看你
I wanna be there too.
那好
All right, then.
好的
Cool.
真好
Very cool.
你还好吗 亲爱的
You good, honey?
嗯 就是累了
Yeah, I'm just worn out.
我得去洗洗
Gonna go wash up.
我这么说的时候相信我
Trust me when I say this.
当你终于找到那件
When you've finally found that thing
让你觉得你有所价值的事
that makes you feel worth something...
你不会轻易放弃
...you don't give it up without a fight.
靠
Oh, fuck.
我感觉自己是个混♥蛋♥ 对不起
Hey, so I definitely feel like a piece of shit, and I'm sorry.
无所谓了 我已经翻篇了
Whatever. I'm over it.
我不记仇 我是说
I don't hold grudges. I mean...
我记了一个 一个就够了
I hold one, and one is enough.
最好的道歉是改变举止
Best apology is a change in behavior.
你想我用这个来干什么
Wait, so what do you want me to do with this?
看你能不能让它鼓起来
See if you can get it to inflate.
我一直失败
I haven't had any luck.
你要游到残骸地点
You're swimming out to the wreckage.
是啊 海里漂着我们需要的东西
Yeah. There's shit we need out there if we can find it.
无线电 照明弹
Radio, flares.
你没被吓跑吧
You're still in, right?
太他妈典型了
Fuckin' typical.
我觉得你没资格
Okay, I feel like you can't say "typical"
对一个刚认识一天的人说"典型"
about someone that you've known for a day
毕竟现在的情况那么异常
in like a really atypical situation.
瑞秋 风浪很大
Rachel, the water's insane.
你看到那边那些浪了吗 往两边推进
You see those waves over there, how they're breaking sideways?
那是激流
That's a fucking riptide.
我会冲浪
I surf.
你会冲浪
You surf.
我学过两节课
I took two lessons.
你有没有对别人说过谎
Have you ever lied to someone,
比如对一个男人
like to a guy, maybe, and you tell them
谎称你喜欢史密斯乐队 或你会冲浪
that you're into the Smiths or that you surf,
然后为了谎言不被识破
and then you try to legitimize the lie
你只好整个周末猛听史密斯乐队
by listening to the Smiths all weekend
剧集 | 荒野(2020) | 导航列表