剧集 | 权欲第二章(2020) | 导航列表
the affair, with Terry.
跟特里的婚外情了
So with a heavy heart and conscience,
我头大如斗 心乱如麻
I did what I had to do.
不得不撒了谎
Certainly was not my, uh, proudest moment.
当然 我引以为耻
And a former cop like yourself didn't think to, I don't know,
像你这样的前警♥察♥没有想到 比如
tell anyone about this?
告诉别人这件事吗
You know, in case it came back on you?
你懂得 以防万一
I feared for my life, Mr. MacLean.
可我怕死啊 麦克莱恩先生
Tasha had already strong-armed me
塔莎已经迫使我
into providing a business space for her daycare.
为她的托儿所提供了一个商业场所
And once I followed her demands,
一旦我完成了她的要求
once she was done with me,
一旦我没有利用价值了
an attack was made on my life.
我就受到了袭击
Yeah, now, I don't know who was behind that attack,
现在我还不知道袭击的幕后黑手是谁
but if my own flesh and blood hadn't been out there to save me,
但如果不是我的至亲在那里救了我一命
I'd be six feet deep next to James St. Patrick right now,
我现在就跟詹姆斯·圣帕特里克在地下做邻居了
and New York would have an uncertain political future.
而纽约的政♥治♥前景也将为之晦暗
No further questions, Your Honor.
我没有其他问题了 法官大人
Oh, please.
请问
Councilman, it's no secret that you and James
议员 你和詹姆斯有矛盾
had your own issues.
这不是什么秘密了
You said some not-so-nice things about him publicly,
你公开说了一些他不好的话
but was James St. Patrick, to your knowledge,
可据你所知 詹姆斯·圣帕特里克
a drug dealer?
是个毒贩吗
When I said those things, James was my opponent.
我说那些话时 詹姆斯还是我的对手
That was nothing more than political gamesmanship.
那只不过是政♥治♥手段
You know, sparring between brothers.
好比说 兄弟一争高下
The truth of the matter
事实就是
is that the James St. Patrick that I knew
我认识的詹姆斯·圣帕特里克
was an upstanding businessman,
是个可敬的商人
a pillar of his community,
社区的栋梁
an inspiration to every single disenfranchised child out there
对每个无社会归属感的孩子来说是一种鼓舞
who dreams of rising above
他们梦想着能够
a system geared against 'em, just like me.
不受打♥压♥他们的体制的影响 就像我一样
No further questions.
没有问题了
Then you're dismissed, Councilman.
你可以离开了 议员
Your Honor, it's always a pleasure.
法官大人 见到你很荣幸
You a lyin' ass nigga.
你个撒谎的混♥蛋♥
And I hope that I can rely on your support too.
我也希望可以得到你的支持
Ciao.
再见
Dru.
德鲁
Yeah, Ma! Just in the shower.
嗯 妈 洗澡呢
What'd you find out?
你发现什么了
Tariq knew the minute I walked in why I was there.
塔里克在我进来那一刻就知道我为什么来了
He told me to my face you sent me to spy on him.
他当面跟我说是你派我去监视他的
Look, he has a lot more business
他有很多生意
than he has product for.
货都供不应求了
Besides that...
此外...
So you didn't find anything out?
那你什么都没发现吗
I'm sorry, Ma. I didn't.
抱歉 妈 没有
That's good.
好啊
That means he's being careful.
说明他很小心
Where's the money?
钱在哪
It's in my bag.
在我包里
Tariq's playing it close to the vest,
塔里克守口如瓶
but his system works.
可他的方法管用
Baby, when it comes to the business,
宝贝 说到生意时
your father's always been worried about you the most,
你♥爸♥总是最担心你
wondering if you can handle it, if you're soft.
好奇你是否应付得来 手段是不是不够硬
But I was never worried about that.
可我从不担心
You're smart. You're strong.
你聪明 好强
You look at every option.
考虑周全
But when it comes to you being in that world,
可你身处在外面那个世界时
that's what I worry about.
才是我担心的
Dru, I want you to be careful with yourself.
德鲁 我想要你照顾好自己
Not everybody, every man is like our family.
不是每个人都像我们家人一样
And nobody's gonna have your back like your family.
不会有人像你的家人那样保护你
You always come home. Remember that.
你一定要回家 记住了
Professor Milgram, welcome.
米尔格拉姆教授 欢迎
Hey, that's for you.
嗨 这是给你的
Wine. Thank you.
葡萄酒 谢谢
So much history.
太多历史了
I love all the artwork.
我喜欢所有的艺术品
Cheers, Professor Milgram.
干杯 米尔格拉姆教授
Tariq, how generous of you to stop by.
塔里克 你能来可真是太好了呢
Please, have a seat.
请坐吧
I'm so sorry I'm late, guys.
抱歉我迟到了 各位
School got very hectic for me.
学校挺忙的
We're just glad to meet more of Lauren's classmates.
能多见见劳伦的同学 我们非常高兴
Get some insight into her competition.
了解一下她的竞争对手
You're just in time for dessert.
你刚好赶上吃甜点
If by "On time," You mean what we used to call
如果说"准时" 你是指过去有人说
"Colored people time." Mom.
我们黑人总是迟到吧 妈
Well, actually people still use that phrase, you know.
其实现在还有人这么说呢
Historically speaking, African American vernacular English
从历史上说 非裔美国人的方言
still exists in sort of a retroactive pendulum of time
仍然像时间钟摆一样
that swings back and forth through our history...
在我们的历史中来回摆动
Anyways, Tariq, we were just talking about The Prince.
塔里克 我们正谈《君主论》呢
It's a very short book,
一本很短的书
so shouldn't take you too long to read it.
不会花你太长时间读的
I've actually read it a few times.
我读了好几遍了
I studied it at Choate.
我在乔特高中研究过它
No, no, I studied it at Callister actually, yeah.
不 不 其实是在卡利斯特
Hmm, did you transfer schools a lot?
你经常转学吗
Dad, Tariq is very well-read.
爸 塔里克很博学的
So regale us, from my memory,
那就跟我们说说 我记得
The Prince is a little handbook
《君主论》就是一本
on how to be the perfect sociopath, right?
探讨如何成为完美的反♥社♥会♥分子的小手册 对吧
Well, no, I don't think so.
不 我不这么想
I feel it shows how to get what you want
我觉得它告诉了我们如何以最高效的方式
in the most efficient way.
达成目的
You know, people are always gonna want your spot.
人们总是要找到你的污点
I think The Prince shows that no matter how much power
我认为《君主论》告诉了我们无论一个人
or money a person may have,
拥有多大的权力 有多少财富
they're still gonna want to come for your neck regardless.
他们还是会想找你麻烦
So I think it's better to address your competition
我想最好还是正面面对你的竞争对手
head on rather than wait for them to storm the castle.
而不是等着他们攻陷你
Well, then, perhaps I need to give it another read.
或许 我需要再读一遍了
We've been following your family's case, Tariq.
我们一直在跟进你家庭的案子 塔里克
Well done, securing one of the best attorneys in New York
做得好 雇了纽约市最好的律师之一
for your unfortunate mother.
来为你不幸的母亲辩护
Hmm, Carrie, you used to know
卡丽 你以前认识
Davis MacLean, right?
戴维斯·麦克莱恩 对吧
I did.
对
And you know what? He's a really good lawyer.
你知道吗 他真是个好律师
But a win for Davis doesn't always equal a win
不过戴维斯的胜利并不总是等同于
for his clients. I want you to be careful.
他的当事人的胜利 你可要小心点
Well, you know, Carrie, she actually wrote the handbook
知道吗 卡丽还写了一本
on helping others, especially after that
如何帮助他人的手册 尤其是在
ostentatious vigil she threw for Tariq's father.
她为塔里克父亲举办了一次招摇的守夜之后
Speaking of books,
说到书
Jabari, when's your second book come out?
贾巴里 你第二本书什么时候出版
Oh, his second book.
他第二本书啊
It came out already.
已经出版了
Came and went.
出版又下架了
Publishing can be brutal.
出版业很残忍♥的
I'm currently hard at work on my next novel, so...
目前我在努力写下一部小说 所以...
Hmm, I think we have
我们好像有
one of Professor Reynolds' books around.
一本雷诺兹教授的书在这里
Tariq, why don't you help me find it, now?
塔里克 不如你帮我找找吧
剧集 | 权欲第二章(2020) | 导航列表